193P+ or the L90D+

rusty

Limp Gawd
what the title says, which lcd should i go for?? also, how man ms is the 193P+?

I had the L90D+ and it was awesome. Crisp pictures and the response time was 8ms which was awesome for farcry and KOTOR2 with no ghosting or blurring. Sold it for dell 2405 but if I would recommend one, the l90d+ would be it. It is pretty cheap too if you can find a decent deal (sub-250 US).

Keep in mind that the L90D+ has a TN panel with sucky viewing angles and worse colors and contrast ratio than the 193P+. We don't know yet how fast the Samsung is since there hasn't been any "real" reviews but according to people who own it, it's just as fast as the Viewsonic VP191B which means it's roughly the same speed as L90D+. If that really is the case, the 193P+ is hands down a much better monitor than the L90D+.

I went with the 193P+ after seeing the difference with the viewing angles on the PVA compared with the L90D+. Added to that the response time to me was visually the same, the extra $ was well worth it for me.

I have the opportunity to play with two Samsungs 193P+ using DVI connections and man the black deep, backlight and viewing angles are just amazing, BUT the Samsung under games just blurs to much compare to the LD90+ (at least for my eyes).

LD90+
Pros: Fast, fast fast, vibrant color, less expensive, did I say it was fast?
Cons: Just acceptable black deep and backlight, cheap construction

193P+
Pros: Color reproduction, backlight, black deep, solid construction
Cons: Not as good under games (Blurs just too much for me), more expensive, OS software (without buttons)

Conclusion:
For gamers the LD90+, for intensive graphics the 193P+

Note: The viewing angles are definitely reduced on the Hyundai but not as bad as you may think; you are not going to bounce in front of your monitor aren't you?

I have a L90D+ and I think the black is amazing, I have laways used CRTs and I was scared of how the blakcs would look on the LCD and I was very happy with it.

Wesley1357 said:
this month edition of maximum pc gave the viewsonic a 9 score.

Maximum PC also gave the Samsung 193p (not a 193p+) a 9 rating just like the Viewsonic. But they did like the Viewsonic VP191b better than the 193p.

Also This week only, there is a $100 rebate off the usual $599 on the 193p and 193p+ at CompUSA.

My 193p+ mini-review.

Amazing contrast. Excellent uniforimty of color. Flexible stand that rotates and can lower all the way to the table top (important if, like me, it is on an eye level shelf.) Great for gaming. I also have it hooked up to a SD cable box via a de-interlacing scan converter. All I can say is this is the best SD TV picture I have ever seen. And I also hook it up via a PC with an ATI HD Wonder card. Excellent HD picture (although letterboxed).

rusty said:
whats the difference between the 193p and 193p+?

The response time is the big change. In general the viewing angles on a PVA are better, as are the colour depth and saturation.

I have had this now for three days. The viewing angles are unbelievable. Side-to-side, it seems to me it is as good as a CRT. Up and down, I haven't tested well yet. The colour is great. I can telll the six-bit panels from the 8-bit panels most of the time. I will be posting a full review here soon. So far, HL2 is excellent. There is no motion blur, no ghosting at all. I can see, if I look hard under the right conditions, the Overdrive artifact. Also, in general, I find far more ghosting on my Sony Trinitron 21" monitor than on my new 193P+!! It is slight, on the Sony, but there, and this effect that I see is simply not present at all on the 193P+. I am trying to find a local, returnable source for the VP191b, but for $500, and the VP191b at $450, I will take the Samsung.

I have also orderd the Samsung 193p+ from the comments people have made about it on this site i will try make a review about it as well on my opion.

ya, im leaning towards the samsung 193p+, but im hearing mixed reviews about it for gaming use. and since i game often, im reluctant to buy one at the moment until im certain the motion blur will not be present

just got the l90d+ a week ago and I have to say i am amazed. i thought the transition to an lcd would be painful, but its quite nice. with a little bit of tweaking the color on l90d+ is amazing.

since i play source and gta:sa i've found there is no noticeable difference between the l90d+ and my crt. blacks are very good. it's also just cheaper.

Aye, I love my L90D+. Other then the somewhat narrow viewing angles, I don't have a bitch about it.

Back