19 more original Xbox games added to Xbox One backwards compatibility list

Jerome36

2[H]4U
Yesterday Microsoft announced 19 more original Xbox games are coming to the Xbox One, via backward compatibility. The best part is they are all releasing this month:

Original Xbox games arriving April 17

• Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3
Original Xbox games arriving April 26
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars: Battlefront 2
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando
Also, Microsoft has updated 6 more Xbox 360 games with Xbox One X enhancements.
  • Darksiders
  • Gears of War 2
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Sonic Generations
Given that there's a couple Sega games on these lists I hope it means Sega is all-in on adding more of their tittles to the Xbox One backwards compatibility list (both OG Xbox and 360). I'd love to see a few other titles of theirs ending up on the Xbox One.

Nice! It's too bad that they couldn't add achievements to these, otherwise I'd be all in on Morrowind, Jade Empire, and KOTR 2. I'm assuming multiplayer will work with the Battlefront games? That will be amazing since it's been dead on PC for awhile.

Reactions: blkt
like this
Glad to see Full Spectrum Warrior on there. I had always wanted to play it again but every time I'd researched the PC version it seems like it doesn't play well with modern systems due to various issues. Mercenaries is another one I'd always wanted to play again since it was only on the PS2 and Xbox. One of the games that I goofed up and let someone borrow and the disc either got scratched or disappeared.

Glad to see that they're adding more games compared to the initial batch and with varying publishers. Seems like a neat way to play stuff that could've slipped by back when the system was current. The ones that I'm holding out for are some 1st party Microsoft games which I'm hoping will increase the chances of them getting released if they keep the backwards compatibility program going but I'm not sure if the selection process is known.

Thank you for pointing this out. I made an arbitrary decision not to buy an Xbox One X until Radiant Silvergun was available but stopped checking mid last year (they added it 6/27/2017 of course). Overkill I know, but I really like the new optimized SoC design and accurate emulation interests me.

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/
https://xboxmajornelson.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/back-compat-10-apr-18.pdf
https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list#tabletitle

Request or vote here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backward-compatibility

Last edited:
Apparently Morrowind runs at 4K on the XB1X. Don't know about the S. It runs at a near constant 60 FPS on both. The hitches in the framerate seem more of an issue with the ancient technique of loading in assets. Though if you own it on PC, I see no reason to buy it here. Still horrible draw distance and, of course, no mod support. I'd get it if it had achievements like I said earlier.

What do they mean by "backwards compatibility"?

Do they mean that a system update, and those games are suddenly able to be played via the disc and nothing else, or do they mean that, once released, if you have the disc, you can download the Xbox one compatible version off the servers?

What do they mean by "backwards compatibility"?

Do they mean that a system update, and those games are suddenly able to be played via the disc and nothing else, or do they mean that, once released, if you have the disc, you can download the Xbox one compatible version off the servers?
You insert the disc and it downloads the Xbox One version. The disc needs to be in the drive to play the game.

Dragon Age 2 was added to 360 backward compatibility yesterday. Unfortunately a GOTY version was never released. I bought a brand spanking new copy of DA:O Ultimate Edition for $12 instead of having to spend $80 to get everything on the store.

I really wish MS would stop spending so much time on something that, let's be honest, most people probably don't even use and spend that time and money on making NEW GAMES that people actually bought a NEW console for.

I mean, seriously, what in the flying fuck have they been doing this entire generation?

I really wish MS would stop spending so much time on something that, let's be honest, most people probably don't even use and spend that time and money on making NEW GAMES that people actually bought a NEW console for.

I mean, seriously, what in the flying fuck have they been doing this entire generation?
They are proabably 2 different departments. One has no effect on the other. I doubt the amount of money saved would be anything substantial to getting quality 1st part games out. They ruin all the studios they buy. Most of all creative and important people leave shortly after. Like if MS some how owned SM. God of War 4 might not even turned out to anything like it did.

They are proabably 2 different departments.

Different departments or not, it's still money and time being spent on something no one really cares about outside fanboys that use it as an example of something the superior PS4 doesn't do. Not Sonys fault the PS4's CPU is slower than the PS3's! :p

I think what Microsoft is doing with BC is awesome.
I like ham.

Nobody's disputing that BC is a great value add. The problem is it's the only thing they've been adding. Its like BC has become Microsoft's entire platform strategy - hiding their heads in the sand and coasting on rmultiplatform titles while continuing to ignore their firstparty problem. Meanwhile from PS4 its one blockbuster system seller after the next.

Its hard to imagine anyone who's being honest feels a $500 X was a good value as they play some 10+ year old game. Xbox owners should demand better, they have a right to expect more.

Last edited:
Different departments or not, it's still money and time being spent on something no one really cares about outside fanboys that use it as an example of something the superior PS4 doesn't do. Not Sonys fault the PS4's CPU is slower than the PS3's! :p
By removing one department you not guaranteed that the other departments might get high budgets. Might just have people losing their jobs.

I wish people would stop crying about something that many have been asking for each and every console generation and assume that one cannot be done because the other is being done. Amazing how it is once again and either or situation in some folks minds, or maybe it is not so amazing.

I like ham.

Nobody's disputing that BC is a great value add. The problem is it's the only thing they've been adding. Its like BC has become Microsoft's entire platform strategy - hiding their heads in the sand and coasting on rmultiplatform titles while continuing to ignore their firstparty problem. Meanwhile from PS4 its one blockbuster system seller after the next.

Its hard to imagine anyone who's being honest feels a $500 X was a good value as they play some 10+ year old game. Xbox owners should demand better, they have a right to expect more.

Hey look, it is a Microsoft thread and once again Odditory has shown up to do his usual bashing. :D Oh, and folks have been crying for BC for a long time, every console generation so no, they do not have their heads in the sand.

I like ham.

Man... I guess I *was* lying to myself when I spent $500 on the fatty with Kinect, $250 on an S model and then $500 on the X... Not including the 9 controllers I bought as well...

All still in use but I guess I should sell them cause it wasn't a good deal according to someone on the internet..

RDR on the pc must look great.... Wait...

Back