$19.99 Free Shipping: Rosewill - Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case with Dual Fans - FBM-01

That is an absolute shit case by today's standards, buuuuuuut that being said if you're building a basic box for your parents to check their email on, whyTF not.

Have to agree - if you have a bunch of old spare parts lying around and want to cobble something together on the cheap for a relative, this fits the bill.

If you use a mini-ITX mobo you will be OK. If you use a Micro-ATX mobo with only 2 RAM slots you should also be OK, depending on where things like the 24-pin connector are. But if you use a Micro-ATX mobo with 4 RAM slots, the extra depth of the mobo will get very very close to the back of those 3.5" bays. I used one of these cases for a cheapskate friend and the board with 4 RAM slots caused the 3.5" bays to be unusable, any drive would bump up against the RAM. The 24-pin power plug was also partially blocked. Had to change boards out, glad I dry fitted the board to check for clearance. :LOL:

So if plan on using this case, plan accordingly. If you don't use any 3.5" drives or 2.5" in a 3.5" holder you won't need to worry about those issues mentioned.

I have ordered over 8 of the dual fan FBM-01 cases for inexpensive (low power pentium) customer builds. It's perfect for what it is.
If I did it again I would have left one of the fans disconnected and labeled it a spare. That was 4 years ago, so far no warranty calls on any of those builds.

Made a cheap right with one of these couple years back. You definitely get what you pay for.

My garage PC is in one of these. G3258 @ 4.4 with a t4 cooler for the youtubez because I'm [H]

It sucks to build in. It's $20.

Back