18-Year-Old YouTube Star, “McSkillet,” Kills Mother, Daughter in Fiery Crash

Supposedly it was a suicide because he got banned from his gambling income source

What a stupid asshole. I am sure he spent money like a rock star, and then realized he was screwed as he couldn't afford pay the taxes/insurance on all of the crap he bought. The thought of working a real job to support himself was just too much for this snow flake.

Welp he is dead now, so it really doesn't matter. He paid the ultimate price for his stupidity, good riddance. The only tragedy here is the death of innocents. Mental illness is real people, and this country does an incredibly awful job of identifying and treating it.

Source: Mother says Trevor ‘McSkillet’ Heitmann’s death was suicide (leadin follows as an excerpt):

The family of Trevor “McSkillet” Heitmann, an 18-year-old Carmel Valley resident who died in a wrong-way crash that killed two others on Thursday, have released a statement saying that their son’s death was a suicide.

Update: FoxNews has retracted that statement at the request of the Heitman's family attorney who told FoxNews it wasn't authored by the family. That retraction occurred within a 30 minute span of my noting the FoxNews' piece.

I did make a screen capture of the article though.

Last edited:
Source: Mother says Trevor ‘McSkillet’ Heitmann’s death was suicide (leadin follows as an excerpt):

The family of Trevor “McSkillet” Heitmann, an 18-year-old Carmel Valley resident who died in a wrong-way crash that killed two others on Thursday, have released a statement saying that their son’s death was a suicide.

Update: FoxNews has retracted that statement at the request of the Heitman's family attorney who told FoxNews it wasn't authored by the family. That retraction occurred within a 30 minute span of my noting the FoxNews' piece.

I did make a screen capture of the article though.

The family probably found a life insurance policy and realized it wouldn't be paid out if it was a suicide.

Valve isn't allowing gambling, that's the whole point of this.

Well, not anymore they don't. I get what Jim Kim is saying, shit like this is why they should have cracked down on it ages ago. We all knew it was going on.

I guess he went from McSkillet to a McGriddle on the 805. Human race is +1 if this dude departed before he could procreate.

Is this Fox News website? I would have sworn I clicked the [H]ard|Forum link in my browser's tool bar

People drive down the wrong way of a highway all the time.

The difference is, this is a divided highway with a concrete barrier, and he was going well over the speed limit.

A reasonable person who accidentally goes onto the highway in the wrong direction does not then proceed to speed at 100mph.

Unless they are drunk or on drugs.

Most the wrong way drivers I've read about over the years are drunk.

The family probably found a life insurance policy and realized it wouldn't be paid out if it was a suicide.

Or realized that the car insurance won't pay out if this was intentional, and everything the kid had will end up going to the family of the victims.

Not denying mental illness and depression, I know it is a huge problem but I feel the terms gets thrown around too much. Is it real depression, if you get dumped by your girlfriend, your dog dies, get fired from your job, dad gets cancer, or Valve shuts down your illegal skin gambling site? I wouldn't say so, sure all those things suck. You might be sad but I wouldn't call it a medical diagnoses of depression. This kid was just stupid and the worst super evil and this is just sad.

Damn what sucks is this happens more often than it should, spoiled kids out doing shit without considering consequences and people dying. My best friend in high school did something similar but it was bad road conditions, speeding and they were drunk and shouldn't have been driving. Ended up crossing the grass median and rolled up into another car and killed some guys wife. Idk why but the dude forgave him and let my friend walk, my mate calmed way down after that eye opener. Some people just don't realize how fragile you really are and how unforgiving natural forces are.

On the other hand, maybe the dumbass just wanted to gamble with his life instead of skins.

I hope this piece of shit is roasting in hell for what he did. He is fucking skum of the worst kind.

He could have driven his car off a mountain, took a long swim in a storm, taken pills, hung himself, drunk weed killer, but no, he takes out innocent people instead.

Murdering fucking hateful, spiteful coward. Makes you wonder just how his parents bought him up, and wether they should be locked up for his crime.

Not denying mental illness and depression, I know it is a huge problem but I feel the terms gets thrown around too much. Is it real depression, if you get dumped by your girlfriend, your dog dies, get fired from your job, dad gets cancer, or Valve shuts down your illegal skin gambling site? I wouldn't say so, sure all those things suck. You might be sad but I wouldn't call it a medical diagnoses of depression. This kid was just stupid and the worst super evil and this is just sad.
Have you heard of situational depression? It's a thing. I think that people attempting to downplay depression as "not real depression" is extremely unhelpful, personally.

Welp he is dead now, so it really doesn't matter. He paid the ultimate price for his stupidity, good riddance. The only tragedy here is the death of innocents. Mental illness is real people, and this country does an incredibly awful job of identifying and treating it.
The problem with Darwin candidates nowadays is that they tend to take more people with them.

The rest of his assets should be seized and given to the family of the deceased mother/daughter. Perhaps this guy shouldn’t have bought such an expensive car and put the money away for the day when the YouTube star isn’t a star anymore.

I don't agree with increasing the speed limit here in WI it's 75mph sure you get to your job faster but who wants to do that?

I think anything over 45 is too fast especially on bad roads nobody cares about fixing.

AFAIK, 18yr olds don't even have a fully matured brain, so it's actually natural that they have poor spending habits, suicidal tendencies and do stupid and irrational things in general.
In fact, the human brain doesn't fully mature until some point between 20 and 30yrs.

All you people suggesting he's an idiot, sack of shit, asshole, etc. You are correct, but teens that are not any of the aforementioned are truly rare.
I would also suggest reflecting upon yourselves... like, surely there must be some moments in your teen years where you did some seriously dumb shit or couldn't control your emotions.

This is just a truly unfortunate event that could have been entirely preventable at multiple steps leading up to it, much like many other unfortunate murder suicides.
RIP victims

killing himself is fine as the world is better without him. Taking out others with him just proves how worthless of a piece of shit he was. Hopefully all the people involved in this 8 car accident get something from this.

Any social media celebrity that shows off buying a fancier car than they really out to have and being fooling should get banned from all platforms.

Any social media celebrity that shows off buying a fancier car than they really out to have and being fooling should get banned from all platforms.
Who gets to decide what car they can own? He had a street legal vehicle and had a current drivers license.
As in all things follow the money. How did he get enough money to purchase said vehicle, when you get to the end of that rainbow you will have found the true culprit.

Have you heard of situational depression? It's a thing. I think that people attempting to downplay depression as "not real depression" is extremely unhelpful, personally.

"Situation depression" sounds like a newage term for "life is fucking rough sometimes". I've got zero sympathy for this shitbag that ruined an innocent families life.

In the course of a little over a year , my mother died of cancer , my disabled little sister died one year later to the day from heart failure , I buried my pug of 15 years (and to me she was like another kid ) , my wife had a miscarriage, and then we had our third child born with holes in her heart and had to have open heart surgery weeks after birth.

I still went to fucking work and did my job , took care of our other two kids etc , after leaving the cardiac-nicu and seeing my 8 week old baby with tubes everywhere and a huge zipper cut down her chest and her mom putting breast milk through a feeding tube.

People want to make excuses for everything. This guy losing his money and going apeshit over that makes him a candidate for "situational depression" ?

The earth got rid of waste of FUCKING oxygen in this incident , good fucking riddance. The tragedy is the lives he took with him.

"Situation depression" sounds like a newage term for "life is fucking rough sometimes".
Sorry, but this is just nonsense. It's a recognised medical condition. Reactions like this just show how far we have to go as a society before we accept mental health conditions as being valid.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying that this YouTube guy was suffering from depression of any sort - my point was in response to a more general comment, namely "Is it real depression, if you get dumped by your girlfriend, your dog dies, get fired from your job, dad gets cancer" The answer is that, yes, it can be, and we should be careful to deny legitimacy to diagnoses of mental health conditions because they don't meet our own ignorant standards.

It's Valves fault for allowing skin trades and gambling in the first place. They created this monster and share partial blame. The whole skin gambling bullshit is illegal and needs to be shutdown.

I agree, if they spent their time making games instead of stupid hats and skins this would've never happened.

Stupid fuck couldn't handle life's hardships and acted like an idiot taking out 2 others not involved in his life.
When will people realize if you can't handle life, either seek help, or kill yourself without taking others with you!?

He is a youtube star.... this is not how he was trained to think. More views, more subscribers, more drama, more money.

"Situation depression" sounds like a newage term for "life is fucking rough sometimes". I've got zero sympathy for this shitbag that ruined an innocent families life.

In the course of a little over a year , my mother died of cancer , my disabled little sister died one year later to the day from heart failure , I buried my pug of 15 years (and to me she was like another kid ) , my wife had a miscarriage, and then we had our third child born with holes in her heart and had to have open heart surgery weeks after birth.

I still went to fucking work and did my job , took care of our other two kids etc , after leaving the cardiac-nicu and seeing my 8 week old baby with tubes everywhere and a huge zipper cut down her chest and her mom putting breast milk through a feeding tube.

People want to make excuses for everything. This guy losing his money and going apeshit over that makes him a candidate for "situational depression" ?

The earth got rid of waste of FUCKING oxygen in this incident , good fucking riddance. The tragedy is the lives he took with him.
It's actually called adjustment disorder, and like many things in the DSM it is attempting to clinically define everything about being human. I guess "adjustment disorder" sounded too much like "affluenza," so they had to make it more legitmate sounding.
Sorry, but this is just nonsense. It's a recognised medical condition. Reactions like this just show how far we have to go as a society before we accept mental health conditions as being valid.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying that this YouTube guy was suffering from depression of any sort - my point was in response to a more general comment, namely "Is it real depression, if you get dumped by your girlfriend, your dog dies, get fired from your job, dad gets cancer" The answer is that, yes, it can be, and we should be careful to deny legitimacy to diagnoses of mental health conditions because they don't meet our own ignorant standards.
The problem with having a clinical diagnosis for everything is being able to excuse every behavior with mental illness. People just need to deal with everything life throws at them and take some personal responsibility.

I don't think it's fair to people with actual depression issues to pretend it's even close to the same thing. Life can really fucking suck sometimes.

Back