18 min Halo 2 Zanzibar multiplayer video

That long ass zanzabar vid they had at e3 is the one you are talking about correct or a new one ?

Howdy said:
That long ass zanzabar vid they had at e3 is the one you are talking about correct or a new one ?

The old one was somewhere like 8-10 minutes... the new one is in fact 18 minutes long...

I just got HALO its so much fun, I lost my xbox copy (or one of my friends have it and aren't saying) The multiplayer is a ton of fun, but I hate teamkillers, they are everywhere.
My biggest complaint, and this jsut takes some getting used to, is how slow it is. I came from playing Tribes and mostly played CS or TFC, compaired to all those HALO is superslow, like I'm dragging a foot or something, but I guess its just more realistic. Except for Tribes, which is ultra realistic, well I'm off to my girlfriends, I hope my jet pack has enough juice. :rolleyes:

i'd be more excited if halo 2 was going to be released on the PC at the same time instead of two years later, when better games with better graphics/gameplay have come out and raised the bar another level or two.

halo was an overrated joke...its really nothing special....i see lots of tools playing it linked in my dorm and i cant help but laugh...

now if halo came out 2 years earlier as a multiplayer only game for the pc like it was sposeda id be happy...fuck microsoft for turning it into the piece of shit it is

halo 2 is gonna be a piece of shit with two handed guns...nice llife

{EB}NuTSymPToM{EB} said:
halo was an overrated joke...its really nothing special....i see lots of tools playing it linked in my dorm and i cant help but laugh...

now if halo came out 2 years earlier as a multiplayer only game for the pc like it was sposeda id be happy...fuck microsoft for turning it into the piece of shit it is

halo 2 is gonna be a piece of shit with two handed guns...nice llife

nooby alert. Im sure it was an overrated joke, it only sold over 4 million copies

I think Doom 3 was REALLY overhyped, but thats just me. HL2 will probably be hte king of overhyping in the next month also, dont really see it turning out that great. Halo 2 on the other hand will own.

where im from, halo2 is currently being so overhyped to the fact that when i send a screenie of doom3 to someone he will say "halo2's graphics are better"

lol... :rolleyes:

halo blows major chuncks, i wipe my self with it. ............... just kidding haahaa got you all the vid is sick

There is just something about hooking up abunch of xbox's and playing huge halo tournaments, there is no other feeling like it.

Now that i have seen most of the videos for Halo 2 i can only dream what great times are ahead.

ever day i go to work i get to look at a bunch of halo 2 cases and special edition cases. heh. makes me dream every single day.

retardedchicken said:
where im from, halo2 is currently being so overhyped to the fact that when i send a screenie of doom3 to someone he will say "halo2's graphics are better"

lol... :rolleyes:

Well if they both run at 640x480 halo 2 does look better. Doom 3 and H2 use the same graphic technique. Doom 3 really wasnt that great looking imo. Sure it had "cool shadows" but they were VERY fake. Nothing has a pitch black shadow with sharpened edges. Also, halo 2 will have huge outdoor environments and vehicles :D Kinda got bored of the same old shit in doom 3. :rolleyes: wow metal! wow shadows! l33t! :eek:

Howdy said:
There is just something about hooking up abunch of xbox's and playing huge halo tournaments, there is no other feeling like it.

Now that i have seen most of the videos for Halo 2 i can only dream what great times are ahead.

theres something about playing halo 2 on a 34" sony XBR crt with 700w 6.1 surround sound :p

It will indeed be great.

That video was from an old build (E3 04') as well. A few Beta testers and some mag in the UK that just came out said it looks even better and has a few new features which they cannot yet disclose.

They way Double Wielding is handled is going to lead to very cool things like combos and such.

I am really hyped.

One thing is for sure, the gameplay simply cannot be any worse than Doom3.

I have played java based games on my cell phone that had more depth than Doom 3.

Howdy said:

uh, yes there is. perhaps you've heard? it's called quakecon

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Well if they both run at 640x480 halo 2 does look better. Doom 3 and H2 use the same graphic technique. Doom 3 really wasnt that great looking imo. Sure it had "cool shadows" but they were VERY fake. Nothing has a pitch black shadow with sharpened edges. Also, halo 2 will have huge outdoor environments and vehicles :D Kinda got bored of the same old shit in doom 3. :rolleyes: wow metal! wow shadows! l33t! :eek:

you have played halo2 already, show me where to buy it :rolleyes:

and if you would play doom3 like you play console games it would look very good (usually feet away from a tv instead of inches away from a monitor)

oh, im sorry, i cant use 1280x1024 with doom3 because thats not what halo2 runs at, ill wait up for the aging tech of xbox and turn my res down to 640x480 and play like that all the time

retardedchicken said:
you have played halo2 already, show me where to buy it :rolleyes:

and if you would play doom3 like you play console games it would look very good (usually feet away from a tv instead of inches away from a monitor)

oh, im sorry, i cant use 1280x1024 with doom3 because thats not what halo2 runs at, ill wait up for the aging tech of xbox and turn my res down to 640x480 and play like that all the time

sry to break it to you, but no matter how high you have the resolution, the shadows arnt gonna look better, niether are the pointy heads and boring gameplay.

at least i can change the resolution in doom3, and if microsoft would just stop being assholes and release it on pc and xbox at the SAME TIME maybe i wouldnt be so objectional to the game

wasnt the original halo supposed to come out on pc first?

retardedchicken said:
at least i can change the resolution in doom3, and if microsoft would just stop being assholes and release it on pc and xbox at the SAME TIME maybe i wouldnt be so objectional to the game

Yeah it was, and it did come out on pc later, but they said halo 2 wont make it to the comp. And im pretty sure H2 is supporting 720p :D

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Yeah it was, and it did come out on pc later, but they said halo 2 wont make it to the comp. And im pretty sure H2 is supporting 720p :D

well then i'm no longer at all interested and i think about a few thousand others like me aren't interested either.

Halo was a decent game... but it was nothing special.. i don't understand why people jizzed soo much over it.. to me it was just another good FPS. there was nothing innovative about the game...

it's also a bit sad that, that's the only game people ever talk about on the Xbox.. what's the deal with that?

uh, yes there is. perhaps you've heard? it's called quakecon

I have been to Quakecon, I have competed in Quakecon, and yet somehow i had forgotten the feeling of Quakecon. But i simply can't wait for Halo 2 and the NEXT Quakecon !!!!

Circuitbreaker8 said:

FPS on any console sucks...so screw halo 2 then

how the hell r u gonna aim at something with a gamepad? I had enough of the stupid controls playing halo 1 for 25 minutes.

HRslammR said:
well then i'm no longer at all interested and i think about a few thousand others like me aren't interested either.

and oddly enough, nobody cares :eek:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this thread was targetted at people who are in fact looking forward to H2. Not at the H2 haters who are crapping everywhere in this thread.

And we can link up a bunch of xboxes whenever we want, "lickity split, no shit". And it's damn fun. A lot easier than 16 computers. And a lot easier then getting to quakecon :rolleyes:

For all of you criticizing the graphics...

Show me a game for your PC that pushes these kind of visuals with a Geforce 3. Then you might have soom room to breathe.

It's unfortunate to see that so many people here are too biased and ignorant to admit that good games exist on platforms other than the PC, but I can't say it was unexpected.

it's also a bit sad that, that's the only game people ever talk about on the Xbox.. what's the deal with that?

I've heard quite a bit about these other little games...Ninja something and Knights of some kind of Republic...there were also rumblings about dozens of other games, but maybe I was just imagining things :rolleyes:

You sure can...but you still have the options of "Dark", "Darker", or my personal favorite, "Pitch Black" in terms of the lighting.

Everyone keeps calling on Doom 3 when bragging about visuals. Why is that? The rendering engine only had to deal with very confined spaces (Small rooms and corridors). It's a trick that developers have been using for years...Silent Hill used the same method. Halo 2 has already displayed massive gameplay environments.

It was originally an RTS for the Mac.

get someone to program a game to run ONLY on my computer and it would blow anything out of the water, but the developers have to make the games for more than one system. also when i was playing halo, i got a lot of slowdowns on co-op when playing with friends...and i believe xboxs use a geforce4 mx card.

and, are you not manly enough to kill things with your flashlight? i have had no problems with lighting in doom, the reviews i read told me what it was going to be like, and then they were true, i didnt expect anything more.

the game tells you why there are little lights in the game.

oh, and i can play a 64 player game in call of duty, "lickity split, no shit" as you quoted from the ghetto delta airline vid (which was funny btw)

sorry if it seems that i despise the game, it may be godsend, it may be the worst game ever created, regardless, its being overhyped like doom3/hl2 are.

WickedAngel said:
I've heard quite a bit about these other little games...Ninja something and Knights of some kind of Republic...there were also rumblings about dozens of other games, but maybe I was just imagining things :rolleyes:

I have not heard of those other games, no one seems to talk about them as much as Halo.. so my points has been made... so roll your eyes somewhere else :rolleyes:

*gets water ready for the flame*

the rolleyes smiley makes the world a better and more positive place

retardedchicken said:
and i believe xboxs use a geforce4 mx card.
actually they use the NV2A, which is somewhere between a GF3 and GF4 with a few instructions thrown in that are unique to it.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I have not heard of those other games, no one seems to talk about them as much as Halo.. so my points has been made... so roll your eyes somewhere else :rolleyes:

*gets water ready for the flame*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: seems like you only listen to what you wanna hear. Truth is, there are a ton of great xbox games that PC cant compete with. PGR2 comes to mind for racing :D Here is a quick list of awesome xbox games

*Halo 2
*Fable
*Project gotham racing 2
*Conker!
*Mech assualt 2
*Riddick
*FORZA
*Unreal Championship 2 ( gonna have MK characters and sword fights! )
*Rainbow Six 3
*Spiderman 2 ( pc version blew )
*Full Spectrum Warrior
*Ninja Gaiden
*Rallisport Challenge 2
*NARC

just to name a few

Back