17xx = evil step brother of 99x

roftranspo

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2006
OMG...has anyone been flooded by these bastard protiens....56 points for 15 hour WU...compared to the 99x series that are 130 for the same time per WU :mad: everything i have has these bastards running on it and em3 is reporting a 400+ PPD drop :(

now now.. remember the science! someone's gotta crunch that data! sure, the points are distributed fairly, but I'm sure the aussies are getting their share of these too!

I agree. I like the 99x better. But these little ones aren't takeing but about 10 hours on mine. When I was flooded with the 210x sieres, That slowed me down to below 700 PPD. I am back up to almost 1000 again. Send more 99x!!! :D

ICE_9 said:
I agree. I like the 99x better. But these little ones aren't takeing but about 10 hours on mine. When I was flooded with the 210x sieres, That slowed me down to below 700 PPD. I am back up to almost 1000 again. Send more 99x!!! :D
yea...they only take about 10 hours here too...but so did the 99x for twice the points :rolleyes: and yeah...the 210x series does suck.

and i know this is all for science and i never said it wasnt...but my roo and i are neck and neck and i need a boost :)

Alright, it looks like i'm getting these 17xx units too. What do the steps mean, just how long it will take to do it? One of my X2s cores is processing 500,000 steps, the other is doing 2,000,000. Are they usually this large? Does the number of steps correspond to the number of points?

ND40oz said:
Alright, it looks like i'm getting these 17xx units too. What do the steps mean, just how long it will take to do it? One of my X2s cores is processing 500,000 steps, the other is doing 2,000,000. Are they usually this large? Does the number of steps correspond to the number of points?
get yourself EM3 to monitor your stuff and see ETA's...there is some stuff on Stanford's page to look this stuff up....but EM3 is easier :)

and if that link doesnt work....just google it....and get the [H]orde skin :)

roftranspo said:
get yourself EM3 to monitor your stuff and see ETA's...there is some stuff on Stanford's page to look this stuff up....but EM3 is easier :)

and if that link doesnt work....just google it....and get the [H]orde skin :)

Sweet, thanks, [H]orde skin inplace as well.

roftranspo said:
excellent...did you get your badge too?

Not yet, I'll do that as soon as I get 4 instances running on my dual xeon, i think i'm already addicted... :eek:

ND40oz said:
Not yet, I'll do that as soon as I get 4 instances running on my dual xeon, i think i'm already addicted... :eek:
excellent....welcome to the addiction....make yourself at home...if you have any questions just ask and one of us will help you out (usually about 10 of us :p) and i caution....watch out for moosie's reach-through :p

VIVA LA HORDE

roftranspo said:
excellent....welcome to the addiction....make yourself at home...if you have any questions just ask and one of us will help you out (usually about 10 of us :p) and i caution....watch out for moosie's reach-through :p

VIVA LA HORDE

Aww, way to go, now he'll be watching for it.

And yes, currently getting pwned by 1702,1712, and 1714. UGH!

At least you guys are getting WUs.
I've got several boxen in the farm that have been trying to get work for a couple of days. :(

My main box (1GB and P4 3.6 GHz) has only gotten dinky wu's the past few weeks. It's weird...56...56...56...99...99...

Everything is in place, tags and config was done.

It just started happening too, I used to get regular wu's and now I get all these dinky suckers. Not really complaining, just doesn't seem like the best use of this resource. *shrug*

Using YURT :cool: , it appears that these 17xx protiens are causing trouble for everyone (AMD and Intel). Average PPD is 104.97 for Intel and 119.76 for AMD on the 1700-1719 protiens. Average for the 991-994 protiens for Intel are 196.79 and AMD is 152.93.

So my point of this is, I FINALLY GOT TO USE YURT IN A POST!!! I mean, yeah, running a little slow. More Dgromacs please.

ND40oz said:

It doesn't take long, welcome to the team! :cool:

As for the 17XX's, it seems that 4 of my 5 boxen have picked them up, they are absolutely getting thrashed with these things. It seems I still have one boxen picking up GBGromacs though, so its not too bad. :D

Back