17" Gaming Laptop w/ GTX 1660 Ti ... how?

HAL_404

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought an EVGA GTX 1660 Ti Ultra card yesterday and today saw this laptop ad and was wondering why the GPU I bought has such a massive cooler yet the GPU can run without said massive cooler in a tight laptop enclosure without causing temp throttling or does the laptop sound like a passing train during gameplay?

I bought an EVGA GTX 1660 Ti Ultra card yesterday and today saw this laptop ad and was wondering why the GPU I bought has such a massive cooler yet the GPU can run without said massive cooler in a tight laptop enclosure without causing temp throttling or does the laptop sound like a passing train during gameplay?
They have laptops with 2080s in them. Generally the of the mobile versions have the clock speeds turn down a lot. Also most gaming laptops get really loud and hot under gaming load due to the smaller cooling capabilities of the laptop. It is a trade off to get more performance out of a laptop configuration. Your desktop 1660ti should be very quite under load with that massiv HS.

Last edited:
Back