16x pcie slot.

Wesley1357

Limp Gawd
i know that the pcie video card slot runs at 16x, what does my ati radeon x850 xt pe runs at?

Your card doesn't use half of what it's capable of handling I am sure.

You have to measure the throughput of your card while it's working then compare it to the theoretical limits of 16x pcie and get your figures if I am not mistaken.

.::MAGE::. thanks. that is what i am talking about. full 16x is too far in future or something?

I think a dual card solution with ATI or Nvidia by the end of next year might yield some improvements by have both at 16x not 8x. This also depends on how developers stress newer hardware as well.

Look at it this way I have 2 gigabit lan controllers yet my cable modem's ethernet port is rated at 10mbps or 100mbps so I am at a limit to what I can use already. It's not my motherboards lan controllers fault. I can of course run a gigabit switch on my home net and transfer to any of my machines that also have gigabit controllers at those speeds though. It's similar to 16x atm where you have the room to handle the traffic but not everyone is on the same page to utilize it yet. Good to have though in case we do hit that point soon.

Back