1600x1200 res capable LCD Reccomendation?

SILENCER00

Gawd
Could someone reccommend a flat panel display for at or under $600? My friend's CRT is dying fast and he needs a reasonable replacement - something comparable to a 19" monitor that can do 1600x1200 res (being able to do that res is a firm requirement). He plays a lot of games, but I dont think ghosting is a huge issue since he plays them on his laptop as well and says he doesnt really notice/care about the blurring effect all that much.

Thanks!

-Sil

you probably need to raise your budget if you need 1600x1200. The only lcds with that number of pixels are 20" and above and cost $750 at the least (dell 2001fp on sale).

Tell him to get another CRT. LCDs don't have as good colors or viewing angle. How many of you actually can't fit a CRT on your desk? Probably not many.

SILENCER00 said:
You can get a 2001fp on sale for $750?

Yes you can but its a waiting game every couple months dell will have a 25% off deal or a 20% off deal plus some random coupon code.

Afew weeks ago i got one for $770 no tax charged and free shipping.

Right now they have 10% off and no coupon codes that i know of. Not the best price, but if he wants a 1600x1200 LCD now thats probably the best deal (besides ebay). Id wait a few weeks though.

I'm thinking I might tell him to go crt also.... I would reccommend the same monitor I have (sony cpd-g520p) since its got a great resolution range and looks cool as hell, but I cant find them anywhere. What are some other kickass crt models I could point him to?

SILENCER00 said:
flat panel display for at or under $600
i actually "laughed out loud"

another vote for a crt... unless hes set on an lcd.. and its not going to be a very good one, for that price anyway... maybe a used one, or a refurb

yea, definately no way you will find that res on a Flatpanel for $600
the dell 2001FP is going to be the cheapest choice. i got mine for $775 and it is WELL worth it

Back