16 ms response too slow for nongamer?

mdude85

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying an NEC 1760V from a friend at what I consider to be a good price -- about 65% less than what this monitor costs at newegg. Everything seems OK except the response time is 16 ms. I am not a gamer -- let me repeat this, I do not play any video games whatsoever and I have no interest in starting. Most of my work on the computer is with processing photographs and doing graphic, print, and web design. Do you still think 16 ms is too slow response time for someone who does not play video games? Right now I am using an HP OEM 15" LCD with a horrible viewing angle and bad resolution so I'd like to upgrade. I can't find the response time for this particular monitor.

What do you think?

If you aren't gaming, then just take response time out of consideration for any LCD you are looking at. Any modern LCD will have a response time that will be perfectly fine for you. Heck, I am using a Dell 2007WFP, with a 16ms repsonse time, and as a gamer, I am quite happy with it.

Focus entirely on image quality. Make sure you get a LCD with a S-IPS or AS-IPS panel, as opposed to a P-MVA panel, it will make for better viewing angles and better color reproduction.

Back