16 Minute Battlefield 1 Single-Player Campaign Video

HardOCP News

[H] News
Someone has posted a video this weekend that shows off sixteen minutes of single-player campaign footage from Battlefield 1. I have no idea how long the video will stay up, it doesn't look official, but it has almost 1.5M views as of this writing so who knows?

Look interesting. I like the concept of just taking over another character when you're killed, adds to the epic-ness (and tragedy for that matter) of the battle. Looking forward to playing this game for sure.

Must be official. It's still up. But the historical inaccuracies are awful...

They took liberties on the era for sure. The fact the French are DLC shows that.

The whole image of racial inclusiveness which is portrayed is 100 years in the future. There were European armies and soldiers and there were colonial armies and soldiers. There was strict segregation of soldiers by ethnic background and origin. Colonial soldiers were thought of as much "less than" European soldiers. Even the Canadians and Australians were considered colonials and second class until they proved themselves in battle. The Canadians went on the be the "shock troops" for the British Army.

Then there is the speed of the tanks represented. The Mk. IV tank had a ground speed of 4 mph. A slow walk.

The whole image of racial inclusiveness which is portrayed is 100 years in the future. There were European armies and soldiers and there were colonial armies and soldiers. There was strict segregation of soldiers by ethnic background and origin. Colonial soldiers were thought of as much "less than" European soldiers. Even the Canadians and Australians were considered colonials and second class until they proved themselves in battle. The Canadians went on the be the "shock troops" for the British Army.

Then there is the speed of the tanks represented. The Mk. IV tank had a ground speed of 4 mph. A slow walk.

Because videogame, dude. ;)

Videogames =/= real life. Gameplay is king, and trumps historical minutiae. Gameplay has to flow.

Last edited:
Looks great. Kinda reminds me of COD: United Offensive from back in the day when I used to play.

Looks great, especially for being console. Can't wait to see this at 1440!

Because videogame, dude. ;)

Videogames =/= real life. Gameplay is king, and trumps historical minutiae. Gameplay has to flow.

Not when you are playing in the past. In the future? Sure. Not in the past. Playing fast and loose with history is the edge of a very slippery slope.

Hope they have a Somme and Verdun map, two of the most bloody battles of WW1. Already have my Pre-order in so ready to go when it releases!!

Verdun Battlefield
Battelfield_Verdun.JPG

Black guy is the central character of this vid.
Was he German? Because blacks weren't even in the picture as far as WW1 was concerned, and even in WW2 they were in segregated groups in US and UK armies. Well except Germany who had black persons in all ranks including the SS.
But you know Nazi's evil and racist right? LOL!

Looks boring as shit. I felt drowsy watching that video.

so people got tired of modern warfare and they're now bringing us back to what we started with 15 years ago

Apparently those are real names of dead soldiers who fought. At least what I had heard.... somewhere on the Internet.... without bothering to look into... now you've heard it too...

I'll get this game. bf4 single player was terrible though. you couldn't even use a suppressor on any gun if I remember correctly. Obviously multi-player is the main attraction with BF, but this does look like it's a more involved and complete SP game this time.

Back