$159.99 - Crucial 2TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s on Amazon

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
As cheap as I've seen for a new 2TB NVMe drive. Gen 3 and slower than others but much faster than a 2TB SSD in this form factor.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GVDNTGJ?th=1

1637519484853.png

1637519703266.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I believe this is one of the models that launched as TLC and swapped to QLC (with SLC cache) after release. Certainly slower than some alternatives but still plenty fast.

Yeah in a quick search I can only find it mentioned on NewMaxx's spreadsheet. He has it listed as QLC for anything over 500GB. Probably a good basic nvme game drive, I avoid non Dram and QLC for OS drives.

Amazon also has a sata MX500 2TB Crucial drive for $167.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewMaxx/comments/dhvrdm/ssd_guides_resources/

I received my package today but inside was an opened 2.5 inch BX500 240GB.

Some bastard ordered the NVMe drive above, took the barcode label off the package, and applied the label to his used opened BX500 240GB box. Then he returned his BX500 and was fully refunded for the NVMe. Amazon obviously returned it to their inventory (as the NVMe) and sent it to me. I fucking hate people.

Amazon is sending a replacement NVMe and they want me to send the BX500 back. I hope I don't get grief from them when they receive the BX500 back. They'll probably just return it to inventory and the above scenario will wash, rinse, repeat.

Some bastard ordered the NVMe drive above, took the barcode label off the package, and applied the label to his used opened BX500 240GB box. Then he returned his BX500 and was fully refunded for the NVMe. Amazon obviously returned it to their inventory (as the NVMe) and sent it to me. I fucking hate people.

Amazon is sending a replacement NVMe and they want me to send the BX500 back. I hope I don't get grief from them when they receive the BX500 back. They'll probably just return it to inventory and the above scenario will wash, rinse, repeat.
This is why I won't order from Amazon. If that was Best Buy you can go into a local store and yell at someone...not so with any 'etailer'. Same thing with fakes--if BB has a fake on their shelves, they'll have an angry mob in no time, 'etailers' can just laugh and give an FU and tell you to return it for a refund. This is why retailers with a physical local presence are better than online these days--the price is the same, so why give the scammers a chance?

I’m going to have to take an at bat for Amazon here. Sucks that happened, but retail it also happens. OFTEN. Can’t tell you how many times Best Buy sold something as new only to find out when I got home and opened the bag, the item had been opened. Wasnt sold as open box. At least 5 times in 2 years that has happened to me. But I just check at the store now as I walk out. Can’t do that with Best Buy online orders.

The one thing Amazon has as an advantage is the return policy. 14 days at Best Buy and having to stand in a retail line and argue with a neck bearded teenager who was hired for holiday help is not my thing. Time is worth money to me. So is my sanity. I simply drop it off locally in the mail and I have a instant refund. Amazon has thrived because of its return policy. Best Buy is not thriving on their retail return experience. Sure it’s “extended “ for the holidays, still isn’t worth my time to travel to and go in a Best Buy.

Last edited:
I’m going to have to take an at bat for Amazon here. Sucks that happened, but retail it also happens. OFTEN. Can’t tell you how many times Best Buy sold something as new only to find out when I got home and opened the bag, the item had been opened. Wasnt sold as open box. At least 5 times in 2 years that has happened to me. But I just check at the store now as I walk out. Can’t do that with Best Buy online orders.

The one thing Amazon has as an advantage is the return policy. 14 days at Best Buy and having to stand in a retail line and argue with a neck bearded teenager who was hired for holiday help is not my thing. Time is worth money to me. So is my sanity. I simply drop it off locally in the mail and I have a instant refund. Amazon has thrived because of its return policy. Best Buy is not thriving on their retail return experience. Sure it’s “extended “ for the holidays, still isn’t worth my time to travel to and go in a Best Buy.

A few years back I posted pictures here in the 3DS thread of a "new" Nintendo 3DS I bought at a local Target. Had dirt in the ports, and a stabbed screen. Whole body was chipped. Some kid probably got mad and smashed it up and their parents returned it to Target and somehow they took it back thinking it was unopened.

A few years back I posted pictures here in the 3DS thread of a "new" Nintendo 3DS I bought at a local Target. Had dirt in the ports, and a stabbed screen. Whole body was chipped. Some kid probably got mad and smashed it up and their parents returned it to Target and somehow they took it back thinking it was unopened.
I've seen this, I have returned items to the store that I either didn't want, or didn't work as advertised and if the box doesn't look like it was open and they don't bother looking.

BestBuy is a different story, they make sure. I had a factory sealed item that I didn't open and they opened it to make sure it was the right item.

I've had this happen so many times now. I bought a Corsair pump/res combo and 3 crappy fans were in the box. One time I ordered 5 speaker stands, and a giant notepad and markers showed up.

I've had this happen so many times now. I bought a Corsair pump/res combo and 3 crappy fans were in the box. One time I ordered 5 speaker stands, and a giant notepad and markers showed up.
I honestly don't think amazon checks returns to be authentic. They need to, lots of scammer douches out there apparently.

I honestly don't think amazon checks returns to be authentic. They need to, lots of scammer douches out there apparently.
You'd think they'd at least check to make sure the shipping weight was actually within 10% of the item weight. Apparently they can afford the hit.

You'd think they'd at least check to make sure the shipping weight was actually within 10% of the item weight. Apparently they can afford the hit.

My experience with Amazon has been odd at times on shipping. I had a product shipped to me, supposed to weigh 5lbs. They sent a big box with 4 of said item instead of 1 and it was 4 of the wrong model. So, the package weighed 20lbs. When I sent it back to them, the UPS store weighed it, it weighed 20lbs on their scale. The receipt I got to confirm I sent the package back, said it was 20 lbs. When I looked up the tracking number to confirm Amazon had gotten the shipment a few days later, the website said it was a 5lb package.

So, who knows. I don't think Amazon knows or cares a lot of the time.

Even if Amazon has policies about checking items they'd have to pay their employees more than pennies and not treat them like total shit to get them to actually care enough to put effort into it. This is also why it's not uncommon at retail. Employees are neither payed enough nor treated well enough to care.

I believe this is one of the models that launched as TLC and swapped to QLC (with SLC cache) after release. Certainly slower than some alternatives but still plenty fast.

I think the retail drives have always been QLC, with TLC limited to review samples. That assumption is based on Crucial's response to customer complaints hosted on their own site. The performance of the drive may be fine, but the behavior of its manufacturer is not.

Back