$150 Credit On Sony Credit Card

For those Canadians out there...

Sony is offering 2000 Sony points!!! (aka $20) :rolleyes:

/cough

Awesome deal in the U.S. though.

thanks!

it's been a few weeks since I've been over to FW, I can't believe I would have missed this!

I'm going to buy a Wii!

Just finished the app. Should have done it 3 weeks ago and then I'd be done with it by now. I plan to cut up/cancel the account after receiving the $$, I don't think a 21 year old needs 3 credit cards.

For the record, you don't have to purchase a PS3, Wii, etc. to get the rebate any purchase made will net you the $150 credit.

Canceling the credit card is a bad idea, just keep it open with a $0 balance and put the card at the bottom of the sock drawer.

Having additional unused credit is not a bad thing!

having unused credit cards hurts your overall credit score

they said they are reviewing my application, and will send the necessary mail out within 30 days...

which sux, cause if i get approved after jan. 4th... then i'm probably not getting the deal... stupid sony

You only have to make a purchase and they credit you later on right? I mean like you buy a bag of cereal for $3 and 3 months later you have a free $150 to spend right?

Verge said:
having unused credit cards hurts your overall credit score
NOT!

reddingo said:
Canceling the credit card is a bad idea, just keep it open with a $0 balance and put the card at the bottom of the sock drawer. Having additional unused credit is not a bad thing!

Reddingo has the right idea. It's called Debt-to-Credit Ratio. It helped out my own credit rating tremendously.

This is a hawt deal, I'm thinking of using it to get me a cheaper Wii (Wheeeee!)

this has been going for awhile now, was 100 at first

I have been approved for 3 cards in the last 10 months :)

You could use this card along with the $40 off $200 Circuit City Coupon and score pretty big...

$40 off $200 ends January 1st. Knowing about credit it is goodto spend a little money for each statement. It is a bad idea not to use the card at all. They want to see that you can use a little credit and pay on time. No tthat you just have one and don't use it.

I think i am going to do this, then close the account in 3-6 months. I do this every once in a while for airline miles.

About credit scores.... Depends on each persons situation.

Maximus825 said:
You could use this card along with the $40 off $200 Circuit City Coupon and score pretty big...

Whoa whoa whoa....what CC coupon? I must have missed out on this one.

Terms & Conditions:
1 Offer subject to credit approval. Card credit will be applied to your Sony Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase.

I went ahead and applied. Got my account setup. Not gonna buy from the Sony store...Too expensive. I will go buy something for < $1 when the card gets here. :D

You just need to apply by Jan 4th then purchase something by March 31st to qualify, eh?

I applied but it says my application is pending. If I get approved AFTER jan 4, will the $150 off still apply?

Same here, hopefully they wont take more than a week for a decision.

The more credit cards the better, your a fool to close an account and an even bgger fool for thinking you can have to many cards.

Scotch77 said:
The more credit cards the better, your a fool to close an account and an even bgger fool for thinking you can have to many cards.

ya unless identity theft was a problem.... Or you had the money in cash and a credit score had no relevance to your life...

I would highly advise against opening more and more credit cards...

Scotch77 said:

You're a fool if you can't spell "you're" properly, among others.

I do, however, believe one can have too many credit cards.

Good stuff. I already have a Chase card, but I'll get this Sony Visa for the $150 then just consolidate the credit limit from this to my other Chase card since they're both by Chase.

revolving credit lines will count against you when you are going for a larger loan, (car/house) and can damage your overall credit score depending on your income.
banks see these as open loans even if the balances are 0. they are used in your credit to debt ratio, best to only use 1-2 credit cards and keep them below 40% of their credit limit.

that said, i too do these tricks with cards (buy.com amazon, and a few others) then use them and pay em off wait a few months so they can report account status and close the account. when you call to close them make sure its at 0 balance and have them note that it was closed at customer's request. this can actually increase your score if for only a few points.

So for applying and being approved you get $150? Am I reading this right? (I can't see the main link due to stupid firewall rules).

If so, where do I sign up?!

So for applying and being approved you get $150? Am I reading this right? (I can't see the main link due to stupid firewall rules).

If so, where do I sign up?!

Deal is dead. You had to apply by Jan 4. Sorry.

I just got mine too. Now to write myself a check for the amount of $150 with the check they sent me.

Yup, I got mine too. Ended up getting a Treo 700P for $50 after the credit and a rebate.

Back