~150-200 to get the most out of my iPod

Garage81

Mac Daddy
Howdy, I was at bestbuy, and was going to buy the $150 Bose triports to use with my ipod. then I remember this forum.

Basically, I've seen all the mini amps, and cans you all have, and figure I should ask you all first. I'm glad I did, the consensus is this isnt the best bang for my buck.

My budget is not limited, but I'm not an audiphile, Ive never been exposed to any of this before.

I'd like to get a smaller amp (does mister x still make the small ones? or where should i go), and a solid set of cans. This will be used at work for me. My work is pretty noisy, I wanted to get shure e2c's but I'm going to have to take the headphones off, and on a lot, as I get harassed alot :)

Anyways, appreciate the help in advance, and I'm not going with the Bose, so feel relaxed.

i read on maybe engadget that someone was introducing a ipod form fitting headphone amp that just clips onto the back, but i have no idea when it would be released but it is right in your price range.

Garage81 said:
I'd like to get a smaller amp (does mister x still make the small ones?)
Anyways, appreciate the help in advance, and I'm not going with the Bose, so feel relaxed.

Yes, he does.

-fool

Bleh. For bang/buck, you should just get a decent CMoy or MINT built into a Altoids tin and stick it to the back of your Ipod via some adheisive velco strips. That would run you about $50. For matchyness, you could get white velcro at a craft store and paint the altoids tin white with a couple of clear coats over it for durability.

Put the fuzzy strip on the Ipod and hook strip on hte amp so that it's not super annoying when you go sans amp.

The rest of the money should go into headphones.

Back