$15 off $50+ @ Newegg (with a minor catch)

Destruya

Limp Gawd
Code: WALLET

There's a new newegg promo code with a twist. You have to use Newegg Mobile to use it (or the m.newegg.com site on a desktop), and you evidently *have* to check out using Google Wallet. Also, as mentioned in the topic, the purchase must be $50+ before application of the code. This code is restricted to one use per account/customer.

I was just able to get a 64GB Corsair Survivor 3.0 flash drive for $35.98AR.

EDIT: Trying this on the main website will cause you to not get the discount - the promo code will credit in your cart, but there is no way to select Google Wallet through the main website, you must use m.newegg.com if you're buying from your desktop and not your phone.

Last edited:
Annnnnnnd my order has yet to be processed, and when attempting to try to re-purchase the item, I'm now being told there's "an issue with promo code WALLET." I'm guessing the 'issue' is that 15 bucks is too much for them off of a 50 dollar purchase.

EDIT: Finally hit 'packaging.' The reason there's a 'problem' with trying to use the promo code is that it's one-use-per-account. It took about 90 minutes for Google Wallet and Newegg to communicate - and I've still yet to get an email from newegg confirming the order.

Last edited:
Someone smarter than me help me figure this out.

Can't pre-order GTA-V via the mobile site. Button is greyed out.

No problem, I think to myself -- I'll just put it in my cart on the desktop site, close the browser, go to my mobile cart and...

Nothing in my mobile cart. Go back to the desktop site, GTA-V is in my cart.

Curse you, Newegg!

Edit: Frak. Read the fine print. No pre-orders with this promotion.

Last edited:
Someone smarter than me help me figure this out.

Can't pre-order GTA-V via the mobile site. Button is greyed out.

No problem, I think to myself -- I'll just put it in my cart on the desktop site, close the browser, go to my mobile cart and...

Nothing in my mobile cart. Go back to the desktop site, GTA-V is in my cart.

Curse you, Newegg!

Edit: Frak. Read the fine print. No pre-orders with this promotion.
Ha, pre-ordering GTA: V was the first thing I thought of and hit he same obstacles you did. Oh well.

Cant get shoprunner either from mobile app, not sure about mobile site. Looks as though you can only use it one time per account... I got a 100GB SSD for about $44

Worked for me using the android app. Needed some server memory so this was great.

Any ideas how long this coupon is good for? And what is Google Wallet anyway? I don't want to keep signing up with stupid new services...

Any ideas how long this coupon is good for? And what is Google Wallet anyway? I don't want to keep signing up with stupid new services...

Google wallet is a payment service like paypal etc. If you buy apps on the android market you already have a wallet account.

not working so good for me 79.99-15.00=68.94 for some odd reason

The code is good until August 31st, but as with any Newegg promo, the caveat of "while funds last" is listed, suggesting that if too many take advantage, it could end earlier. It also won't work on anything being sold by Newegg Marketplace or in conjunction with combo discounts.

Google Wallet appears rather safe. It takes forever to process a payment because it uses a one-time CC# for every transaction. I paid with a Visa, but it was charged using a "virtual Mastercard." That's probably why it took the better part of six hours before my order even showed up on Newegg as being in "packaging" status, and another 3-4 hours on top of that for it to finally email me that I'd been charged.

If you're having trouble with the mobile app, use m.newegg.com through your browser. As said before, if you try to use the normal website for this, even though the promo code discount will show up, they'll revoke it if you don't pay through Google Wallet.

not working so good for me 79.99-15.00=68.94 for some odd reason

My guess is whatever you're trying to buy has $3.95 in shipping costs. ;)

OK, what am I doing wrong ... I do not see a 'pay with google' option. CC, PayPal, v.me by visa but no google wallet at checkout on either the mobile or desktop version.

[edit] looks like the original item was not sold by newegg and would not work. working now

Shop runner is a no go for the mobile site or app. Shipping kills it for me =(

Last edited:
I noticed with the mobile app it defaulted to 3 day shipping that costs money. If you click on that, you can change to the super saver free shipping if its offered on the item.

I would just have Amazon price match it with the stupid code. fuck Neweg hoops...

How are you guys using a regular browser and getting this to work? Tried Firefox and IE and m.newegg.com takes me to the regular newegg website :(

How are you guys using a regular browser and getting this to work? Tried Firefox and IE and m.newegg.com takes me to the regular newegg website :(

Use chrome, worked for me. I didn't try firefox at any point.

Also thanks OP, saved me $12.

For firefox use User Agent Switcher works no problem here.Thanks for the info needed a new tower fan saved my self 15 bucks.

Back