15 days to refreshed thinkpad line release?

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Staff member
So from everything I have been reading as of late it looks like the July 15th release date for the new lines might actually happen, providing Intel is ready as well. Anybody else hoping as much as me that this date will be accurate?

If the specs are right I'd love to grab one of those T500 or W500 models.

well on the notebook review forums I got a chance to check them out and to be all honest... I am more then happy with my setup.

What I am hoping for is the current T61P line to drop when the T400/500 and W500 are released. I am sure that customizable ones won't be available just what they have left over.

7 more days, I hope that they actually release them, if not I'm going for a T61P.

I read that it will be delayed till September cause Intel delayed their release of the new platform due to some screw up. Sorry guys if its true. I need a laptop for college and I just can't wait till September. I might have to jump on a T61 now.

I am hearing August 5th from thinkpads.com :(. I am a bit torn now as there is a current sale going on for 20% off the T series which ends July 14th. I'm going to think about it some more but I might end up buying one tomorrow before the sale ends so I can get the current sale price.

Have you checked pricing through Lenovo CPP? I ordered a T61p (T9300, 100GB 7200 hd, 1 GB ram((order your ram from Newegg)), WSXGA+ screen, Intel wireless n, fingerprint reader, dvd writer, Vista x64 Bus w/ free XP Pro downgrade disk, 6 cell battery) for ~$1200+~$70 for 4GB ram from Newegg. My laptop cost much less through CPP than through the regular sitehttp://www.hardforum.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
;).

Search fatwallet or slickdeals for Lenovo CPP site and login. And any additional coupon codes for the CPP site. Regular codes won't work in CPP.

This is my first Thinkpad, and I am in awe of this machine. My Thinkpad is a precision tool. My Inspiron is a toy.

I am hearing August 5th from thinkpads.com :(. I am a bit torn now as there is a current sale going on for 20% off the T series which ends July 14th. I'm going to think about it some more but I might end up buying one tomorrow before the sale ends so I can get the current sale price.

THeres a way to pay the employee discount price, its the same pricing as CPP. search slickdeals for the lenovo site and passcode!

THeres a way to pay the employee discount price, its the same pricing as CPP. search slickdeals for the lenovo site and passcode!

I ran across that, how does that work? Can I actually use that code? That'll save me an additional $300 off the current sale price.

either these two:

Thinkpad T61P
15.4" WSXGA
Windows Vista Business 64 w/XP Pro downgrade DVD
T9300 (2.5GHz)
1GB PC2-5300 (1dimm) - (will be upgraded to 4 from NewEgg)
160GB 7200rpm HDD
Quadro FX 570M (256MB)
8X DVD recorder
Upgraded WLAN card with N support
WWAN ready
Integrated Bluetooth
Trackpad w/ fingerprint scanner
9 cell Li-Ion battery

$1347.87

:eek:

My girlfriend is in the same boat. She needs one for lawschool and wants to buy NOW

I'm telling her to wait and see what's announced on Monday

The X200 is calling to me, and I think I'm listening.

So tempted to sell off my DV9500 to scrounge up some cash for it.

If only I could find some place selling DDR3...

Upon further review and specs comparisons I am not sure if I am going to go with the W500 when it comes out. The differences between the W500 and the T61P don't appear to be that huge, especially not $1000 huge. I am going to wait a bit longer but currently a T61P is looking like the overall better deal.

This is downright painful. The Lenovo website is so frickin weird. When i try to customize and buy a SL400, I get 1 of 2 pages. 1 Which lets me configure every component, and select from what warranty I want. And sometimes I get number 2, which is where I can not select each component, but I am able to select what warranty I want...

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's been that way since they where first officially anounced, I wouldn't expect it to change for a bit, non of the other models are available yet and have barley been anounced.

Back