15" asus or MSI rec for light gaming

c3k

2[H]4U
Folks,

Im looking for a 1920x1080 screen, 15.6 inch laptop. Id like i5 or i7 and dedicated graphics. There are sooo many. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks.

Personally, I would trust MSI over Asus when it comes to longevity and reliability. I have never seen a dead MSI gaming laptop but I have seen a few Asus ones over the years. Also, I would go with the I7 since it is a true quad core or, at least most of them are. The core i5 in laptops are all dual cores with hyperthreading, as far as I know.

Dell Inspiron 7559, which is called "Inspiron 15 7000 series" (not 2-in-1) on their website. You can get one with a quad core i5, Geforce 960m and 8GB for $799.99. Good value for money if that's what you're after. Ram and storage are both easily upgradable too.

Inspiron 15 7000 Series

Dell Inspiron 7559, which is called "Inspiron 15 7000 series" (not 2-in-1) on their website. You can get one with a quad core i5, Geforce 960m and 8GB for $799.99. Good value for money if that's what you're after. Ram and storage are both easily upgradable too.

Inspiron 15 7000 Series
Actually it's currently $699.99 with coupon code T$1048B2Q72KHB right now, if it's back alive like the hot deal sites claim. I think the code came back live from a few days ago. All the hot deal sites have more info. Also, it's a i7-6700HQ not i5.

Actually it's currently $699.99 with coupon code T$1048B2Q72KHB right now, if it's back alive like the hot deal sites claim. I think the code came back live from a few days ago. All the hot deal sites have more info. Also, it's a i7-6700HQ not i5.
Thing is a stupidly good deal.

Just bought an XPS 15 myself, but was drawn to that one.

Only reason I went XPS is because I HATE plastic.

Thing is a stupidly good deal.

Just bought an XPS 15 myself, but was drawn to that one.

Only reason I went XPS is because I HATE plastic.

I have an XPS 15, which I liked a lot too. But I had an issue with the Nvidia GPU and now it has to go back in to Dell. I've been waiting for 2 weeks but they still haven't done anything at all. I no longer like my XPS so much. At the price I paid I deserve better service, I've had to put together a machine out of old parts so I can keep working, what would I be doing if I didn't have those parts?

For $699.99 that Inspiron looks great, I kinda wish I'd bought that because I could afford to pick up a second one to use while mine was being repaired ;).

I have an XPS 15, which I liked a lot too. But I had an issue with the Nvidia GPU and now it has to go back in to Dell. I've been waiting for 2 weeks but they still haven't done anything at all. I no longer like my XPS so much. At the price I paid I deserve better service, I've had to put together a machine out of old parts so I can keep working, what would I be doing if I didn't have those parts?

For $699.99 that Inspiron looks great, I kinda wish I'd bought that because I could afford to pick up a second one to use while mine was being repaired ;).
What issue were you having?

Since I updated the drivers on the GPU I'm having a weird hang on shut down, but that'll probably sort itself soon. Probably needs an update from intel.

Back