148s on Newegg

demografik

[H]ard|Gawd
What are the 148s on newegg looking like? Anybody buy one recently? How are they OCing? Basically I just want as much info as possible on these, to decide whether or not to buy one. =P

I'm going to be buying a new processor in about 2 weeks and I'd love to get a nice Opty. I want to be able to get at least ~2.6 on air if I'm spending $230.

Also, this Geil I have is actually PC4000, that'll be good, right? If it's meant to run at ddr500, the Opty should love that, yeah? I bought this a while ago expecting to go to a Prescott =\ It won't even do 2-2-2 at 200mhz ~_~

Get a 146 from ZipZoomFly.com. I got mine today CABYE and it's running 2.7 on air at stock voltages

189 with free 2-day shipping.

I'll let you know monday when my opty 148 OEM from the egg will be here.

I just recently got my 148 from them. So far I have it at 2.9G with a big typhoon, voltage at 1.47. So it's 263x11 with the ram divided down to around 220, HTT is x4.
Very pleased but I feel I got lucky getting the CABNE so late in the game.

woz_mann said:
I have an Opty 148, clocked at 3.03 Ghz got it at Monarch. Core: CABYE

Is that prime stable ?
I can use windows at over 3ghz but it fails prime almost instantly.

NEWEGG OPTERON 148

orderd thursday, got it today, think its the same current batch

CABYE 0543FPMW

I'll post my results when i get a chance to break it in.

Stereophile said:
Is that prime stable ?
I can use windows at over 3ghz but it fails prime almost instantly.

mine too, runs everything fine but errors out of prime in like a minute.

Got mine from newegg.com. It is a CABYE core. I haven't had a chance to get it up and running cause of a faulty motherboard but I am glad I found the core I was hoping for. Now we'll have to see if it lives up to its reputation once I get all the parts.

Back