144hz and Freesync : Never do without it again

tearing and slow, and VSync does not help much.

if vsync is no helping on tearing. You are either doing it wrong or don't know what tearing is.
and for all these kind of arguments. I would like to see the non placebo filled ABX test

and again if you Render cycles can keep up with your refresh cycles Gsync/freesync does nothing ( there is no need for freesync/gsync to slow down the monitor)

if vsync is no helping on tearing. You are either doing it wrong or don't know what tearing is.
and for all these kind of arguments. I would like to see the non placebo filled ABX test

and again if you Render cycles can keep up with your refresh cycles Gsync/freesync does nothing ( there is no need for freesync/gsync to slow down the monitor)

You need to either quote my entire post or nothing at all. I am not going to go searching for my post when you clearly have taken things out of context and I have no clue what you are even trying to say. Freesync works great!

You need to either quote my entire post or nothing at all. I am not going to go searching for my post when you clearly have taken things out of context and I have no clue what you are even trying to say. Freesync works great!
Nope, it is not true but hey, enjoy being wrong.

There -- I quoted your whole posts just so I can say one thing:

Lol.

Nothing in the rest of you quote makes a different on this statement.

You still claimed that vsync does not make much different in regards to tearing.
if you believe otherwise please show me what part of you comment does change that statement.

But I guess this s going to be like when you denied that you said you liked that ms updates deleted user software with no warning, and both I and other people had to find the link to that statement as well
You post without thinking. Then when you get caught in it, you deny it.

IF you dont know the above is true you have no clue on what freesync/gsync does.
the only thing it realyl does it to slow down you monirots refresh rate so it matches the frambuffer swap
if you render time is fast enough to drive you monitor as it fastes refresh rate. there is no need for the slowdown and gsync/freesync does nothing

Deniying how the technical part works does not make you right. on the contrary this clearly show you don't know the mechanics behind it or how sync and framebuffers works.

to repeat: if you frame render time is good eought ot drive a constant above 144fps there is no need for you 144hz monitor to slow down. That would be idiotic.
but if you can only hit 120fps on a 144hz display you either have to live with tearing. triplebuffiner with microstutter. or cutting you fps in half of the 144hz with double buffering
gsync and freesync fixes this by lowering the refresh rater ( per refresh updatet to much teh FPS at 120 so none of the 3 situtions above is happening

G/fre-sync is great. where it works. but its not always needing to do something.

As I was saying, ignore the naysayers, Freesync is definitely something I will never do without again. :) Having a high refresh rate monitor is just icing on the cake, trying it for yourself, you will not regret it.

Edit: Fixed my response. :D

Last edited:

Ah, taking things out of context: on the 4k monitor without Freesync. Tada, context is everything. Now, doing a framecap in the Adrenaline control panel to 60fps did help, V sync, not so much in and of itself. I know what tearing is and I also know VSync did not help help much.

Oh well, enjoy your non variable refresh rate monitor, I will most certainly enjoy my Freesync ones.

I would test the Vegan card on a smaller res panel. It's asking a bit for vegans to run that large of a pixel load.

Last edited:
Vegan and Meat eating cards what has this world come to?

Last edited:
i thougt tearing was when u went above the monitors refresh rate. then it would happen. to me gsync is 100% waste of money... i can appreciate the higher refresh rate but not g-sync.

i thougt tearing was when u went above the monitors refresh rate.

Tearing is when the frame dispatch after render happens either before or after the monitor refresh -- essentially, without some sort of frame syncing, you get tearing.

That syncing can certainly be done through games themselves, which is the preferable software solution, and can be done by using external framerate limiters as well as in-game and in-driver V-Sync.

But those options are all means of capping frame generation and having each frame wait for the next monitor refresh cycle and incur a level of input lag that at its worst can vary enough to affect perceived smoothness despite high framerates.

More preferable are forms of variable V-Sync in technologies such as G-Sync, FreeSync, and DP and HDMI Adaptive Sync, which instead of forcing the game and GPU to wait for the monitor to refresh, the monitor now waits for the game and GPU. This allows for much more fluid frame delivery when framerates are even the tiniest bit uneven -- and that's essentially all the time -- while also reducing or eliminating the input lag penalty.

As the topic states, you never want to do without some form of variable V-Sync.

Ah, taking things out of context: on the 4k monitor without Freesync. Tada, context is everything. Now, doing a framecap in the Adrenaline control panel to 60fps did help, V sync, not so much in and of itself. I know what tearing is and I also know VSync did not help help much.

Oh well, enjoy your non variable refresh rate monitor, I will most certainly enjoy my Freesync ones.

Still does not make it right whatyou wrote. you wrote csync did not make much change. for tearing
either there is tearing ore there is not with vsync there is not. you dont get moere or less tearing with free/sync and gssync that you do with vsync. they all have the same amount of no tearing.
You comparison in context i still horrible technical wrong. 4k or other unrelated buzzwords ore not.

You just keep demostration you misunderstading off how sync and teaering works.

Tearing is when the frame dispatch after render happens either before or after the monitor refresh -- essentially, without some sort of frame syncing, you get tearing.

That syncing can certainly be done through games themselves, which is the preferable software solution, and can be done by using external framerate limiters as well as in-game and in-driver V-Sync.

But those options are all means of capping frame generation and having each frame wait for the next monitor refresh cycle and incur a level of input lag that at its worst can vary enough to affect perceived smoothness despite high framerates.

More preferable are forms of variable V-Sync in technologies such as G-Sync, FreeSync, and DP and HDMI Adaptive Sync, which instead of forcing the game and GPU to wait for the monitor to refresh, the monitor now waits for the game and GPU. This allows for much more fluid frame delivery when framerates are even the tiniest bit uneven -- and that's essentially all the time -- while also reducing or eliminating the input lag penalty.

As the topic states, you never want to do without some form of variable V-Sync.
i guess only reason would be input lag, for die hard fps fraggers :p i score less in 3dmark with g-sync on also hehe. but i generally dont get alot of tearing, so idk. maybe im just to slow to notice, refreshrates and framerates i can see prety easy tho.

i guess only reason would be input lag, for die hard fps fraggers :p i score less in 3dmark with g-sync on also hehe. but i generally dont get alot of tearing, so idk. maybe im just to slow to notice, refreshrates and framerates i can see prety easy tho.

I can't miss tearing or the input lag caused by V-Sync personally, so I'm definitely in the 'must have' column myself; but I also realise that not everyone sees or is bothered by that stuff.

Yeah, some people are more sensitive to different artifacts.

I know personally, I don't like MSAA and always turned it off (for performance, and also because I thought it made things blurry). Over time I started to notice the jaggies, and I do use AA now, but prefer the post-process type (which many people don't like).

Or with VSync, I used to be not able to really notice a difference. I played with VSync off because back then I used to play online games and felt it made things faster (but I didn't really understand tearing or input lag, etc.). Now I can't stand tearing, and will choose VSync if adaptive sync is not available.

So a lot of it is personal preference and taste, which can change over time. But, in almost all cases, GSync/FreeSync is going to be an improvement (besides maybe pro online players, who want to shave every last millisecond off the lag).

Back