1440p IPS screen with good contrast?

Have you already seen the newer 1440p 144hz IPS panels in comparison to yours and found them to be a big improvement? Not sure if you might just be having a higher than realistic expectation for them in terms of "better" color.

Nano IPS/Quantum Dot (in the current usage) is really just a way, along with a fancy technical marketing term, for a wide gamut back light enabling a wider color gamut (>sRGB). The Innolux panel doesn't use either term but is also wide gamut.

Well LG C9 is at 6ms input lag in 120hz mode, which, while not quite as fast as a g-sync display(2-3ms, mostly pixel response time), is basically identical for 99.99% of normal games.

that’s crazy, but doesn’t the C9 also support gsync now too? What’s the max res at 120hz with gsync compatibility?

I have the 65” b8 and used it quite a while for pc gaming in HDR, but for FPS i prefer the 144hz/low latency. If the new 48” is 6ms and allows at least 1440p at 120hz gsync, I would also go that route. Oled picture is so nice.

that’s crazy, but doesn’t the C9 also support gsync now too? What’s the max res at 120hz with gsync compatibility?

I have the 65” b8 and used it quite a while for pc gaming in HDR, but for FPS i prefer the 144hz/low latency. If the new 48” is 6ms and allows at least 1440p at 120hz gsync, I would also go that route. Oled picture is so nice.

Yeah you can use the C9 at 1440p120 right now, so I'm sure the 48" would also support that. 4K120 is of course waiting for an HDMI 2.1 video card, which will be fixed when Nvidia releases new cards around June 2020.

Yeah you can use the C9 at 1440p120 right now, so I'm sure the 48" would also support that. 4K120 is of course waiting for an HDMI 2.1 video card, which will be fixed when Nvidia releases new cards around June 2020.

4k/120 will be pretty tough for modern games. How is gsync at 1440p/120hz on the c9?

4k/120 will be pretty tough for modern games. How is gsync at 1440p/120hz on the c9?

Dunno, I have a 1080TI and gsync only works for gtx 16- or rtx cards, and I'm not buying an RTX card at this point until 3080TI(or equivalent) in 2020.

Some interesting opinions here. I was about to order an LG27GL850 last night till I saw the contrast numbers. I’ve been using an LG 27UD68 4K 1100 contrast for the past three years. I have a 75hz 1080p TN panel I switch out every time I play FPS. I thought finally the time has come I can have one screen to do both tasks has come but maybe my excitement was a little premature.

I do a lot of graphic work and my ideal setup would be 4k 27” 120hz 100% RGB at least 1500:1 or better and 5ms or better response at acceptable OD. These could conceivably come out next year.

Dunno, I have a 1080TI and gsync only works for gtx 16- or rtx cards, and I'm not buying an RTX card at this point until 3080TI(or equivalent) in 2020.
Eh? Gsync works just fine on the 1080TI. Anything from the GTX 650 Ti upwards supports gsync.

Eh? Gsync works just fine on the 1080TI. Anything from the GTX 650 Ti upwards supports gsync.

They're discussing VRR on the LG OLED TVs which don't have displayport and only support HDMI VRR.

Only the Nvidia Turing based GPUs currently support HDMI (Forum) VRR, using the same standard implementation in HDMI 2.1 (despite not being fully HDMI 2.1 compliant).

As an aside AMD doesn't either even though you might have heard that they support Freesync over HDMI, that solution is still using VESA Adaptive Sync (used in DP) standard but just over HDMI.

They're discussing VRR on the LG OLED TVs which don't have displayport and only support HDMI VRR.

Only the Nvidia Turing based GPUs currently support HDMI (Forum) VRR, using the same standard implementation in HDMI 2.1 (despite not being fully HDMI 2.1 compliant).

As an aside AMD doesn't either even though you might have heard that they support Freesync over HDMI, that solution is still using VESA Adaptive Sync (used in DP) standard but just over HDMI.
Fair enough :) I just read it as the 1080ti didn't support gsync :D

Back