140mm Case Fan Recommendations

Krenum

Fully [H]
I recently got a Fractal Design R4 case & I was wondering what peoples recommendations for case fans would be, I've been doing some research to find the best 140's for performance / price.

Which ones do you guys run or recommend? I'm looking for some that push a good amount of air but are quiet too.

I am also not inclined to spend 30 dollars a fan but I do want something that has low decibel (dB)

Someone @ overclockers.net recommended these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011
They also said that you cannot mount this type of fan horizontally* because of the orientation of the motor and bearing? Is this true?

Anyways, recommendations or user reviews are welcome, thanks.

Last edited:
I know, that you said you are not inclined to pay that much for a fan. But I myself picked up a N-P14
And could not be happier about it. But I figure i'd chime in and mention that if you where to say, be swayed into obtaining one. It would be worth it.

Otherwise, I would have to say, that an AF140 would be great too. Although I do not own one of these.

I know, that you said you are not inclined to pay that much for a fan. But I myself picked up a N-P14
And could not be happier about it. But I figure i'd chime in and mention that if you where to say, be swayed into obtaining one. It would be worth it.

Otherwise, I would have to say, that an AF140 would be great too. Although I do not own one of these.

They look and sound like great fans, If I could find them cheaper , around 18 I would buy them.

Those fans are pretty good. They move a lot of air and are very silent. I have most of my 140mm slots filled with these fans. Its too bad Amazon doesn't carry them.

I recently got a Fractal Design R4 case & I was wondering what peoples recommendations for case fans would be, I've been doing some research to find the best 140's for performance / price.

Which ones do you guys run or recommend? I'm looking for some that push a good amount of air but are quiet too.

I am also not inclined to spend 30 dollars a fan but I do want something that has low decibel (dB)

Someone @ overclockers.net recommended these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011
They also said that you cannot mount this type of fan horizontally* because of the orientation of the motor and bearing? Is this true?

Anyways, recommendations or user reviews are welcome, thanks.

I have 9 of those 140mm fans, and boy they fucking rock.

I got 4 on my X60 Kraken, and it keeps my 2700k at 5ghz at 80c overnight in prime95.

Great great fans

P.S. They are mounted Horizontally since January? (Right when the X60 was released). Only issue I had was the damn sticker came off between the rad and fan, and made a horrible noise....I thought at first the fan died, but it was the sticker lol

Last edited:

I got 4 on my X60 Kraken, and it keeps my 2700k at 5ghz at 80c overnight in prime95.

Great great fans

P.S. They are mounted Horizontally since January? (Right when the X60 was released). Only issue I had was the damn sticker came off between the rad and fan, and made a horrible noise....I thought at first the fan died, but it was the sticker lol

Well that settles it then. Thank you very much. I'll be getting 4 of these. :D

Great great fans

That doesn't sound impressive. I've I've never seen my 2600k that high, even when I had it at 5ghz while testing. At 4.8 it barely touches 60c, and that may only be on one core.

I picked up 3 of the Prolimatechs this morning. Hopefully they rock the house. The price sure does!

Back