13900KS Voltage/Clock speed/Power Consumption/Temperature thread.

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
Hello [H]ardForum members, I'd like to share any findings I can document with the 13900KS CPU. This is for any members (me included) that are curious about its overall performance tuning.

I am looking to find the lowest stock figures, then the highest OC figures. (I'm no pro, just a casual enthusiast looking for some good info while having fun with entertaining findings)

This is a screenshot of a quick negative offset of -0.030V on an otherwise completely stock default bios.

This is the lowest offset I can achieve by only modifying the adaptive offset setting and no other settings changed.

If there are any other settings that can allow all 32 threads at their default speed to have a lower voltage/power/temp, please chime in. I will test later with 8 E cores disabled, then again with 12 E cores disabled also disabling hyperthreading.

13900KS (EKWB Quantum Velocity 2 + 840mm Alphacool copper 30mm rads with push/pull & EKWB Quantum Kinetic D5 4800rpm)

Aorus Master Z790 F5 BIOS (Default bios settings except for -0.030V negative adaptive offset voltage)

20 mins Cinebench R23 run numbers.

CPU VCORE 1.260v
CPU Temp 79C
D5 pump 4800rpm
POWER 280W
Utilization 100%
P Cores 5600MHz (default 8 Pcores 8 hyprethreads)
E Cores 4300MHz (default 16 Ecores)
24 core 32 thread total.
AI Offset -0.030V

stock bios default -30 negative offset.jpg

I will post more findings when I test more settings.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to more results on this cpu. I'm really interested to see power consumption ,clocks ,and thermals of only P-Cores and hyper threading off. Curious to see how well it boosts at around 120 watts consumption in that configuration.

Yea 315 is way past my power budget for a cpu anyway. Anything over 120 watts to me is just not where I want to be thermally and summers not far off.

Really looking forward to more results on this cpu. I'm really interested to see power consumption ,clocks ,and thermals of only P-Cores and hyper threading off. Curious to see how well it boosts at around 120 watts consumption in that configuration.
I will get to this stay tuned.

lol, 315 watts. that's high end gpu territory.
Ya running either 32 threads max default or less threads with higher clock speeds give similarly high power consumption. Not a bad thing though as you get fantastic performance in exchange if you have the cooling setup for it.

6GHz All P Core OC.

EVERYTHING AUTO except P Core Overclock.

Z790 AORUS MASTER F5 BIOS
13900KS
8 P cores 6GHz (Overclocked also disabled Hyperthreading)
8 E cores 4.3GHz (Default except 8 E cores disabled)
Power 287W
Vcore 1.440V
CPU temp 87°C
Utilization 100%
EK Quantum Velocity 2 block +840mm Alphacool copper (push/pull fans low speed)+
D5 Pump low speed 950rpm

20 mins Cinebench R23
16 core 16 thread total.

802169_6GHz_8_pcores_4.3GHz_8_ecores_auto.jpg

Last edited:
Newegg had a deal yesterday for $40 off the KS. They might again if anyone is thinking about this chip.

Impressive efficiency can anyone confirm here? This may convince me to finally change back to Intel as I can no longer endure the heat generated by a baking hot GPU and CPU simultaneously in the confined 10'x10' tiny windowed space I have for my game room.

Impressive efficiency can anyone confirm here? This may convince me to finally change back to Intel as I can no longer endure the heat generated by a baking hot GPU and CPU simultaneously in the confined 10'x10' tiny windowed space I have for my game room.
so far the results in this thread match up well with my non -S cpu, so IDK. Maybe I got lucky with the lottery this time...

I haven't seen my 13900K noticeably heat my room any more than my 5900X did. I'm overclocking it mildly, running my RAM in Gear 1 and 4366 (DDR4) and it's coming within 1-4% of the KS on 7400Mhz RAM. I'm using an Arctic II 280 in Push Pull with a 7900XTX. I am in a room that's 10x11. I have no issues with heat. It DESTROYS everything I have ever owned up until this point in time. It's like 50% faster in Single thread than the 5900X and Multithread is insane. I game at 4K almost exclusively and all my games run WAY better than they did on the 5900X with the same graphics card.

I'm thinking ahead when summer heat kicks in and that tiny window doesn't allow for even a small AC unit. My work environment is full thermal overload in the summer and 10 hrs a day in that then go home and cook myself some more just isn't an option anymore. I regulate thermals on all my hardware as low as possible to avoid having to endure that situation so......

I'm thinking ahead when summer heat kicks in and that tiny window doesn't allow for even a small AC unit. My work environment is full thermal overload in the summer and 10 hrs a day in that then go home and cook myself some more just isn't an option anymore. I regulate thermals on all my hardware as low as possible to avoid having to endure that situation so......
Then get yourself a 5-8K BTU portable AC unit that you can modify the exhaust hose mount plate for. I have never seen a room that couldn't be adapted to use a free standing AC unit.

Maybe it's not ideal, and maybe it's not cheap. But it's doable and no need to burn to death in the summer. Window units are a PITA. I have used the portable AC units for a number of "impossible" cooling solutions.

https://www.amazon.com/ZAFRO-Condit...5&sr=1-1-25fd44b4-555a-4528-b40c-891e95133f20

the above is the cheapest one I could find, 224 for 8K is not bad. There was a 10K unit for about 275.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea tried that but the exhaust hose is too short to reach the window that is behind my giant desk and rearrangement isn't an option for several reasons that are to lengthy to discuss here. Been looking for a suitable extension hose for the exhaust on the unit I got cheap last year but the manufacturer wants a small fortune for one.

I also was going to recommend the remote AC units; "They have AC units now that are freestanding with hoses for the heat exhaust, if the window opens you could use one of those, mount a piece of plywood for the hose while open..."

What is the diameter of the hose on your unit? Flex hose for dryers is cheap, it doesn't have to match exactly.

Now that's a good idea albeit a bit ghetto but whatever. My wife and I share the space as she works from home and hates me in there heating up the room when she's working so this will be most welcome.

I have 2 countermeasures for the heat since my PC room is also 10x10 very small. I have a exhaust built into the wall custom it's a 10" or 12" inch I also have a voltage regulator it plugs into to slow it down slower than it's lowest speed.

So if that isn't enough I have a stand portable air conditioner with the exhaust and water hose built into the wall again custom mounted.

The exhaust is for all year round.

The air conditioner is for the summer.

Both are loud and noisy but turning them on low helps. Reason I have them is because the central air conditioning system doesn't reach the PC room and I'm not gonna deal with plumbing more piping to get it there, so these are the measures I take to keep the PC room cooler. Either exhausting the hot air, or air conditioning the room. Problem solved.

Didn't think about this till later but you could also remote mount some radiators outside (going custom water cooling). If you keep the run horizontal you don't need a big pump, but if you run the hoses vertical you may need more lift capabilities. Two small holes through the wall/floor, just don't hit a joist or stud. Most of the heat dumps outside then if you do cpu and gpu.

If you get into it, add a normal radiator to the PC, wyes with quick disconects/shutoffs so you can bypass either or move the pc. Both rad systems in parallel.

Do both and be real comfy in the summer!

Didn't think about this till later but you could also remote mount some radiators outside (going custom water cooling). If you keep the run horizontal you don't need a big pump, but if you run the hoses vertical you may need more lift capabilities. Two small holes through the wall/floor, just don't hit a joist or stud. Most of the heat dumps outside then if you do cpu and gpu.

If you get into it, add a normal radiator to the PC, wyes with quick disconects/shutoffs so you can bypass either or move the pc. Both rad systems in parallel.

Do both and be real comfy in the summer!
Yea if you get the quick disconnect fittings. Also I already have 3 rads inside the case buying more rads is more cost. Also the space a big external would take up would be an issue plus relocation of the apparatus would be another challenge. Other than those obstacles it would be ideal lol. Still need the exhaust or the AC because ambient air gets too hot in California during the summer. It's like 90 plus every day peak summer is 100 I hate it. I wish I lived in a cold state.

so far the results in this thread match up well with my non -S cpu, so IDK. Maybe I got lucky with the lottery this time...
Can you post up a screenshot of the same frequency on all cores with the same Voltage running R23? Would love to see a direct comparison to a non S to see where I'm at with the S.

FYI - It's not essential to get the fastest RAM kit to push your CPU to extraordinary heights. Look at any high end gaming rig out there and you will see it's typically running low latency DDR5 4000 memory. That's because 4000 is the Gear 1 sweet spot. Anything past that depends on your Board, RAM and the Silcon Lottery. 4000 Mhz memory timings in Gear 1 will be almost indistinguishable from DDR5 6000, 7400 or 8000 (Running in Gear 2).

My DDR4 Kit is cheapo, Neo Forza DDR4. I paid like 130 bucks for the 32 GB kit and it is outperforming most DDR5 kits.

FYI - It's not essential to get the fastest RAM kit to push your CPU to extraordinary heights. Look at any high end gaming rig out there and you will see it's typically running low latency DDR5 4000 memory. That's because 4000 is the Gear 1 sweet spot. Anything past that depends on your Board, RAM and the Silcon Lottery. 4000 Mhz memory timings in Gear 1 will be almost indistinguishable from DDR5 6000, 7400 or 8000 (Running in Gear 2).

My DDR4 Kit is cheapo, Neo Forza DDR4. I paid like 130 bucks for the 32 GB kit and it is outperforming most DDR5 kits.
I have a set of those also and they were very inexpensive. That system Win 10 or 11?

I have a set of those also and they were very inexpensive. That system Win 10 or 11?
Windows 11. My Cinebench results weren't even fully optimized. I was running background tasks and programs. I have been incredibly happy with the 13900K. It's been blazing fast and rock solid stable. And the RAM was the right price. Cheap and blazing performance that mirrors High end DDR5. RAM is locked at CL19 (no luck lowering it). But I have no complaints.

Yea just wish they made an 8 p core part without e cores I'd be all over that. The 13700KS might be in my next rig since AMD has delayed the 7800X3D.

Yea just wish they made an 8 p core part without e cores I'd be all over that. The 13700KS might be in my next rig since AMD has delayed the 7800X3D.
Honestly, the E Cores don't seem to be screwing with my performance one bit. Most of that is likely the thread scheduler being optimized for the CPU in Windows 11. But I've never been happier. My FPS is through the roof at 4K and that's where I game. This thing just destroys every other processor I have had experience with at those resolutions (even the 7700 & 5800X3D). The 13700 is not in the same league. It's more akin to the 5800X3D at 4K.

It's all dependent on how you use your computer, how much money you have and what you're willing to experiment with.

I was a bit apprehensive moving to the Intel platform but my experience on it has been stellar. Did a bit of research out here and took the leap. Dead platform, maybe. But I might not need anything else for long damn time either. This thing murders the 5000 series I came from in every aspect. It also comes out as a majority winner against the 7000 series too. We shall see what happens with the 7000X3D parts when they are available. But those just seem like a compromise to me. Slower Cache cores + faster non cache cores.... Might work amazing though with thread scheduling. Intel may very well have laid all the groundwork for AMD in this case. We shall see.

I expect that raptor lake will still beat the new 3D chips in both single and multi threads applications. The 3D chips will shine in certain games that can take advantage of the extra cache as well as being better efficient. For me it isn’t enough and the 13900K is still the better chip for my use cases. Now if all I did was game then the new 3D chips would be a better buy.

I expect that raptor lake will still beat the new 3D chips in both single and multi threads applications. The 3D chips will shine in certain games that can take advantage of the extra cache as well as being better efficient. For me it isn’t enough and the 13900K is still the better chip for my use cases. Now if all I did was game then the new 3D chips would be a better buy.
My use case is basically gaming and that is the reason I plan to wait for bit before deciding the best course of action. Haven't had Intel since X99 and it's looking good right now.

13900KS (EKWB Quantum Velocity 2 + 840mm Alphacool copper push/pull low)
CPU VCORE 1.404V
Adaptive offset -0.044V
8 P Cores 6GHz (hyperthreading disabled)
4 E Cores 4Ghz
D5 speed 2150rpm
CPU Temp 86C
Power 236W
Utilization 100% all 12 cores 12 threads
Cinebench R23 multicore test 10 mins
6ghz 4ghz 1.404 -44 offset.jpg

My use case is basically gaming and that is the reason I plan to wait for bit before deciding the best course of action. Haven't had Intel since X99 and it's looking good right now.
Ya the single core performance is nuts. As you can see in this thread, I am posting multiple configurations of easy 6GHz frequencies on all P cores, just messing around with the E cores to fine tune it a bit more since for gaming I don't need many E cores (my guess is 4 E cores is enough?)

Windows 11. My Cinebench results weren't even fully optimized. I was running background tasks and programs. I have been incredibly happy with the 13900K. It's been blazing fast and rock solid stable. And the RAM was the right price. Cheap and blazing performance that mirrors High end DDR5. RAM is locked at CL19 (no luck lowering it). But I have no complaints.
That's the sweet thing about ddr4 the ultra low latency. Perhaps ddr5 can get there soon?

If over 1.4V is too high with 6ghzpcore 4ghzecore then do this 6ghzpcore 3ghzecore drops you an additional -20W & -0.036V for downclocking the ecores by another 1ghz after the initial .3ghz downclock in the previous post.
CPUVCore 1.368
Adaptive offset -0.075V
8 P Cores 6GHz (hyperthreading disabled)
4 E Cores 3Ghz
D5 speed 2000rpm
CPU Temp 83C
Power 217W
Utilization 100% all 12 cores 12 threads
Cinebench R23 multicore test 10 min

6ghz 4ghz -75offset.jpg

Back