12v motherboard with most features (as close to normal A/ITX board) available

I'm in the process of looking for a system that I can move around easily and a laptop really isn't what i'm looking for although it may become the answer.

One reason I'd like a 12v so that it can run off a car battery if needed as this might server as some moveable monitoring station powered by battery or 12v.

As I said in a previous post I would like 3 NICs, but one would do as long as it has USB 3.

Size of board isn't an issue, more expansion ports, usb and video options the better.

I would like it to use DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 if possible as I already have 2 4GB sticks that I'd like to use - laptop ram is usually a little pricey. IDK if the laptop memory uses less energy but that should be to much of a problem.

CPU - IDK. (AMD/Intel) whatever is lowest in heat and hopefully works with passive cooling.

This will need to play videos in HD so I need audio out (could go to USB sound card if needed).

As for storage, mSata or M2 would probably acceptable but would rather 2-3 SATA for optical, SSD and HD.

Anyone run into something like this that may work?

As for cases, I can always make a case if need be,

thin mini ITX standard ? tm-ITX?

H61TM-ITX(m).jpg

@SaperPL good idea, but most thin mITX boards require 19V. If you want to build with thin mITX, you need one of the Gigabyte boards (GA-B85TN, GA-H81TN, GA-H87TN or GA-Q87TN), they have a wide input range from 12-19V.

I already answered your question about 3 NICs in your previous post.

Back