12GB ram issues - bios only shows 10GB

retro

Gawd
Built this new rig a few weeks ago and had an issue straight away where only 10GB of the RAM is shown as usable. I lowered the speed to somewhere around 1140MHz and all seemed fine.

But after I moved house this week, and hooked everything back up, it's reverted back to not showing all the memory. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and it shows 12GB (10GB usable), so it can see it's there. I've fiddled with timings, upped the voltage a bit, all that jazz, and still no luck.

Anyone else experience this and find possible solutions?

Rig specs in sig.

I just went from 6 to 12GB as well and had the same issue. I posted on the EVGA forums and someone told me to ensure my RAM timing was corrert. That and to up the memory controller voltage VTT in the BIOS to +150 since 12GB needs more to run I guess.

I did that and it worked fine after!

I just went from 6 to 12GB as well and had the same issue. I posted on the EVGA forums and someone told me to ensure my RAM timing was corrert. That and to up the memory controller voltage VTT in the BIOS to +150 since 12GB needs more to run I guess.

I did that and it worked fine after!

What board are you using? I'm not sure where to find the voltage adjustment for the memory controller.

i was reading this thread and was thinking you guys were "unluck." i just found that i have the same problem! :D:(

you guys running 6x2gb or 3x4gb? I've got some mushkin 1600 coming in (3x4) and hope it doesn't have this issue!

6x2GB

So far no 'fixes' seem to work. Really annoying, thinking it might be worth going back down to 6GB and running tighter timings at 1600MHz.

Back