12600k 12700k already getting big price cuts.

Kdawg

[H]ard|Gawd
hot dammit.

if it didn't cost $20 in gas to drive to microcenter, I would be all over this.

I paid an early adopter tax on my 12600k system. Though I did get a partial refund for the price drop from newegg.
Came out to similar cost if you factor in the time and gas.

Lucky for anyone near a microcenter.

Capture.JPG

fasdfds.JPG

Amazon is higher of course, but the KF 12600 @ 281 is pretty decent. It's the Z690 mobos that are spendy right now.
--Edit: 267 if we factor in that 5% back later :)

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    117.6 KB · Views: 0
Not unusual. Microcenter loves to do this to bring folks into their stores. Great deals if you can find some DDR 5 to go with it.

Just got my 12700K for that price. Went with a DDR4 board as I see no benefits for DDR5 at this time.

I had actually ordered one but then I won the Newegg shuffle for a 12900k. I probably should have just kept the i7 though.

I had actually ordered one but then I won the Newegg shuffle for a 12900k. I probably should have just kept the i7 though.
I seen them on sale on Newegg for $619 and they weren't in the shuffle today, so I'm assuming they got a lot of stock.

DDR5 availability seems to have made this a dud launch.

The fact that DDR5 at its current speeds and latencies doesn't bring much to the table doesn't help either. I got a DDR4 motherboard. I figure I'll wait for DDR5 until Zen4/Raptor Lake. Better availability, better speeds, lower prices...

Good thing DD4 is still supported by ADL so it's not a total flop. I hope D4 support continues with Raptor Lake.

Anyway I feel a little bad paying a bit over SRP for my 12700K as an early adopter. lol

Went to micro center with the chance they would have 12th gen in stock. They had lots of stock. I could not pass on a 12700k for $369 and ROG strix-a ddr4 board. They knocked another $20 off the board since I bought a cpu. 12900k would have been awesome but common sense kicked in and I realized that I did not need a $650 cpu for only a small uptick in performance. $750 out the door.

I've had to drop by MC twice for two price drop matches. 12700 is down to 349.00 -- pretty sweet deal. Of course it's by design as you have to go in to retrieve the refund (and buy more shit one doesn't need) but at least I'm close enough to make such a trip. Just sucks they're not located in more states.

I've had to drop by MC twice for two price drop matches. 12700 is down to 349.00 -- pretty sweet deal. Of course it's by design as you have to go in to retrieve the refund (and buy more shit one doesn't need) but at least I'm close enough to make such a trip. Just sucks they're not located in more states.

I would love to have a Micro Center nearby, but they seem to have no desire to build new locations. The closest one is several hours away. When you were there, did they happen to have any DDR5? I'm curious if stock is actually getting to stores.

While not a direct price cut, PayPal did have a $25 off coupon at BestBuy. I combined that with my $10 BB Elite coupon and grabbed a 12700K for $417 shipped. Now I just need to return the first one. :D

i had Bestbuy pricematch MC.

building another budget 12600k system with an Asrock z690, 120mm enermax cooler, 16gb gskill ripjaws ddr4.

$250+$160+$20 +50= $480+tax after rebates.

and then free win7>>win10>>win11 upgrade. Whole system under $500+tax.

at these prices, I don't feel like waiting for B660 to come out.

these initial rebates and price cuts are good enough, considering the chip shortage and shit.

That i5-12400 might start at $170 at microcenter.

wow

Microcenter dropped the prices further.

12600k $230
12700k $300

how low can these go?

12600k for $199 soon????

good thing my credit card has price protection. Get the difference refunded

Was able to get Best Buy to price match Microcenter @ $299 for the 12700K. Saved on the processor & gas...

ah shit

MC raising prices again

269>>249 >> 229>> 249 269 again.

ya'll missed that sale.

Back