125 Years of Popular Science Magazine

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here is one hundred and twenty five years of Popular Science magazine covers from 1882 to 2007 in five year intervals. The image below is far smaller than the actual 18.3MB, 11550 x 6480 pixel image linked above.

Popular science unfortunately seems to have devolved to half scientific stuff, half ad space (and I don't mean the actual ads they have, but all the "look at what new gadgets are out there now")

Popular science unfortunately seems to have devolved to half scientific stuff, half ad space (and I don't mean the actual ads they have, but all the "look at what new gadgets are out there now")

QFT.

I would like to see another magazine or two copy this idea... :D

it's been a piece of paradise, for someone who is overtly curious about the world at large and the future as a whole

on a similar note if you haven't seen this already its pretty cool

http://www.popsci.com/archives

"We've partnered with Google to offer our entire 138-year archive for free browsing"

its setup to search more than browse, but i found if you type a year, then all the ones from that year come up instead of just going directly to articles like when you search keywords.

I remember reading this always while waiting for a haircut at the barber when I was a kid.

"Flying car on the roads by 2014" ---- where's our flying cars? bs designers if all they are.

I dunno, it costs me something like $12 a year for a subscription and I enjoy reading the articles they do feature. No complaints here.

Tech propaganda for the masses. Were all gonna vacation on the Moon by 1999! They have played a good game of BS and gadget hype their whole existence. Completely irrelevant since the adoption of the web where we can seek out our tech news. Their last nail in their own intellectual coffin was completely ignoring the massive central core column structures in their "pancake theory" of the WTC.

I remember reading this always while waiting for a haircut at the barber when I was a kid.

"Flying car on the roads by 2014" ---- where's our flying cars? bs designers if all they are.

I know your post was rhetorical, but most people can operate a car with 50% efficiency it seems like. I'd be scared to think of a sky filled with q-tip heads (old people).

It's not 2014 yet.

Back