$125 in Ryzen 7000 Discounts With Board and DDR5 Bundle, Free Game

things must be selling slowly, Microcenter has been giving away 32gb of DDR5 ram PLUS mobo combo discounts for a month +. I have been eyeballing the 7900x + Asus mobo + 32gb ram bundle for $600....

My theory is that AMD really is overpricing its stuff whether cpu or gpus, then offer big(ish) discounts to bring it back into line closer to what the cost should be, brilliant marketing that gets people to buy.

That said interested in learning the details of this

My theory is that AMD really is overpricing its stuff whether cpu or gpus, then offer big(ish) discounts to bring it back into line closer to what the cost should be, brilliant marketing that gets people to buy.

That said interested in learning the details of this
I don't think AMD wanted to do this.

But

I did hear from leakers about a month ago, that AMD has much larger margins on their chips, than Intel does. And that retailers were wondering why AMD wasn't allowing them to have larger discounts on their stuff. See: they could have big discouns and still make more per chip with AMD, than with Intel.

AMD is taking a hit because DDR5 is more expensive than DDR4.
Nah, DDR prices are great right now. And have been at least fine, for like 3+ months.

Their problems are 2 things.

1. very unclear product segmentation. Their CPU pricing is way too crowded. And I don't think people understand that gaming performance is super close between all of them. AMD should make a video explaining that. And what you really need the extra cores for. Its not like Intel where the major core beast is also clearly the best gaming chip.
2. The motherboards are expensive. And they are way too fragmented with 4 different chipsets. Again, unclear product segmentation. Intel has 2 gens of motherboards now. There's only 2 main chipsets to understand. The price separation is easier to understand. And their B660 and B760 boards have a lot of value.

Ddr5 is still way more than ddr4... Usually double or more for the same capacity at good speeds for each respectively.
You aren't wrong that sometimes there are deals where pretty good DDR4 can be had for crazy price/capacity. Like right now you can get 64GB of Mushkin DDR4 3600, for $160.

But, DDR5 5600/6000/6200/6400 is generally available at any given time now, for ~ $120 - $160 for 32GB. Which is totally fine. That's the price DDR4 3600 has been, for the past 3 years.

Cool news.

What’s interesting is that some of the AM5 combos have gone up in price at Micro Center in the last week. The 7900X was $418 and now it’s like $446…

Also - the mobo stuff is mostly fake news. Equivalent Z790 boards are the same price or more. And DDR5 has gone down in a major way since launch - I bought 64GB DDR5-6000 CL30 for under $300. Paid the same for 32GB at launch.

So what's the entry point price for something like this? Lets say simple 7600x, b650, 32GB, that'll be $250, $175, $120, -$125 (assuming only the most expensive stuff isn't the only thing that qualifies), $420 and you're good to go. Although a 5800x3d + b550 will probably run you a similar cost and be faster, no ram though. The big upside is, potentially, you'll be good to go for any future AM5 chips maybe 2 more gens? (big assumption but I don't have a crystal ball)

edit: plus whatever cooler cost there is, I don't think the 7600x comes with a "stealth" cooler like the 5600x did, also not sure if the power draw is significantly different from 5800x3d vs 7600x

Last edited:
AM5 Socket has guaranteed support through 2025. That's at least covering Zen5 (early 2024).

So what's the entry point price for something like this? Lets say simple 7600x, b650, 32GB, that'll be $250, $175, $120, -$125 (assuming only the most expensive stuff isn't the only thing that qualifies), $420 and you're good to go. Although a 5800x3d + b550 will probably run you a similar cost and be faster, no ram though. The big upside is, potentially, you'll be good to go for any future AM5 chips maybe 2 more gens? (big assumption but I don't have a crystal ball)
Unless you’re getting a cheaper CPU, AM4 makes zero sense to go with today. If you need to stay with DDR4 get a Z690/Z790 and 13600K.

I got a 7950x, b650m aorus, and 32gb for $754 back in November, either black Friday or cyber Monday deal. It's about time they have a better promo, that was over 3 months ago. Also, people expecting $125 off low range 7000 series bundles are gonna be sad. It is up to $125, not $125 across the board.

Also, people expecting $125 off low range 7000 series bundles are gonna be sad. It is up to $125, not $125 across the board.
Just basing it off the kind of vague info amd posted. Says 75 to 125 off, but then says addition savings with 2x8 or 2x16 kits, so assume a savings with mobo of 75, then the ram adds up to 50 more

Guess it might be okay-ish if you don't have a Microcenter anywhere near, or know someone who does. That big combo is still only $600, even better now that the 7900X price just went up $30. Nothing else on the market is going to match that level of value, especially on a new platform.

Its not like Intel where the major core beast is also clearly the best gaming chip.

Eh, if you're just building a gaming system, the mid range is still the best price/perf with the i5 13600k. Even then the 13500 might be a better value than it at $250.

Eh, if you're just building a gaming system, the mid range is still the best price/perf with the i5 13600k. Even then the 13500 might be a better value than it at $250.

with 5800x3Ds being line 299 now sometimes, you can't go wrong with it for gaming.

Right but, 7700x is AMD's best gaming chip in the current product stack. And it's mid stack on pricing. That's my point.

And you could go with the 7600x and only lose a teeny bit in majority of games.

What’s interesting is that some of the AM5 combos have gone up in price at Micro Center in the last week. The 7900X was $418 and now it’s like $446…
I noticed the Intel combos did the same thing. I was looking at a 12700K / TUF combo and it went from $322 to $378 around Thursday.

things must be selling slowly, Microcenter has been giving away 32gb of DDR5 ram PLUS mobo combo discounts for a month +. I have been eyeballing the 7900x + Asus mobo + 32gb ram bundle for $600....
I have this currently.

edit: plus whatever cooler cost there is, I don't think the 7600x comes with a "stealth" cooler like the 5600x did, also not sure if the power draw is significantly different from 5800x3d vs 7600x
There is no point to buy a new AM4 system. 5800x3D for drop in upgrade for 400 or 500 chipset owners only. If going new AMD build get AM5 now and try to wait for 7800x3D.

Last edited:
Was cheaper for me to sell my 5600x, x570, 32gb d-die for the microcenter 7900x, b650e, 32gb than to buy a 5800x3d :)
Not everyone wants to go through that but good deal. I will say in gaming the 5800x3d might have the edge over the 7900

Not everyone wants to go through that but good deal. I will say in gaming the 5800x3d might have the edge over the 7900
Probably, but it's going to be even fewer cases than vs a normal 5800X because the 7900X has a significant clock advantage. Honestly the $600 MC combo is unfair vs everything if you have access to it.

That was a great bundle. I picked up one and am satisfied

Probably, but it's going to be even fewer cases than vs a normal 5800X because the 7900X has a significant clock advantage. Honestly the $600 MC combo is unfair vs everything if you have access to it.
After taxes was around $636. I don't mind picking up the deal for anyone on the forms for $725 (probably $25 shipping (US lower 48) + time and effort). They are typically in stock at my local MC.

unfair and annoying! Hop onto slickdeals and notice that half the stuff on there is "Microcenter" really is a kick in the nuts.

When they want to move product, they move it lol
I'm also low-key jealous too because there used to be one fairly nearby but they moved, complained about rent costs and I get it but yeah it's hard and now we know why even in Silicon Valley everyone orders shit off Amazon because all those stores just went away.

BTW, any more details on this? Supposedly it has started but haven't seen any "combo deals" out there, I mean I see Newegg has discounts on AM5 cpus but I don't need to buy anything else for that.

Wow lame. I’m hashtag blessed I live 2 minutes from Micro Center
Yeah super lame, what happened to the "$75 - $125 off", are they counting that from the MSRP price which none of the chips (except the new x3d) aren't even being sold for normally anymore? Like the 7600x is $240, are they counting that as $60 off because it used to be $300?

Edit: I don't think these are the bundles that were mentioned before.

Yeah super lame, what happened to the "$75 - $125 off", are they counting that from the MSRP price which none of the chips (except the new x3d) aren't even being sold for normally anymore? Like the 7600x is $240, are they counting that as $60 off because it used to be $300?
Probably. That's what MC does.

*Edit* MC still tries to say that ddr5 kit is almost $300 to make that "look what you saved" number look really big, lol.

Probably. That's what MC does.

*Edit* MC still tries to say that ddr5 kit is almost $300 to make that "look what you saved" number look really big, lol.
Hell does 32 gigs of ddr5 cost $300? Certainly not the stuff they give you! Either way, buying a CPU and getting free memory is still free memory!

But this was something that triggered me from the original article
The discount will be offered at checkout when you purchase a Ryzen 7000 processor, motherboard, and DDR5 memory as one purchase.
This doesn't look like a discount is being applied at checkout... that or Tom's is a really lame site with misleading information (both of which can be true)

Back