120V AC to 12V DC adapter

hardc0re

Gawd
are there any cheap and readily available adapters that can allow me to hookup a 12V DC CPU fan via molex connector? Everything I found online is for car batteries and I'm a little bit weary about cutting up phone adapters.

Splicing it into a molex is free... top it off with some hestshrink tubing and some solder and whala

i mean the fan will conne ct to the 120volt AC so I need a 120volt AC to 12 volt DV adapter. the fan and adapter will connect via molex.

I need it for outside the computer case, it will not be near the case itself so connecting it will be tricky,

How handy are you on wiring? The simplest way is to dig through boxes of old power bricks until you find one that outputs between 9 and 12V. You'll want around .25A which most bricks should handle... then cut the wires (as a reminder, don't do this while it's plugged in), figure which one is positive, cut off an old molex connector from an extension or something and splice them together.

Basically this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CEHJ3SW1EC1NR0999W0

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back