120mm Best replacement heatsink fan for CPU ?

Just ordered a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM premium-quality quiet slim 120mm fan from Amazon! Can't wait! Nearly double my current CFM!

Why slim fans?. I know it's linda late, but better in what sense? airflow? static pressure? noise? For a CPU heatsink I think that's a bad choice of fan specially for a CPU Heatsink where the Static pressure is king, in example Noctua NF-F12 static pressure focused fan offer about the same ~55CFM at lower RPM and with way higher static pressure, so less noise with higher cooling performance..

If you are looking for great Heatsink cooling performance you should look for focused flow style fans (high static pressure), I can recommend blindly the Cooler Master JetFlo 120 fans a great balance between Static pressure and high CFM, Noctua NF-F12 are also great balance, Noctua NF-P12 are focused on static pressure they are one of the best for Heatsinks and Radiators and you have Noctua NF-F12 iPPC which offer best of two worlds, on noctua fans.

Why slim fans?. I know it's linda late, but better in what sense? airflow? static pressure? noise? For a CPU heatsink I think that's a bad choice of fan specially for a CPU Heatsink where the Static pressure is king, in example Noctua NF-F12 static pressure focused fan offer about the same ~55CFM at lower RPM and with way higher static pressure, so less noise with higher cooling performance..

If you are looking for great Heatsink cooling performance you should look for focused flow style fans (high static pressure), I can recommend blindly the Cooler Master JetFlo 120 fans a great balance between Static pressure and high CFM, Noctua NF-F12 are also great balance, Noctua NF-P12 are focused on static pressure they are one of the best for Heatsinks and Radiators and you have Noctua NF-F12 iPPC which offer best of two worlds, on noctua fans.

That is all I have room for. :( My case has a 75mm height limit sorry.

So my Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM premium-quality quiet slim 120mm fan for my replacement on my heatsink is a bad chose ?

aw well if you are space constrained then it's fine.. as in the OP stated 25mm or 15mm doesn't mater, didn't take space constrained situations. all good then.

That is all I have room for. :( My case has a 75mm height limit sorry.

So my Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM premium-quality quiet slim 120mm fan for my replacement on my heatsink is a bad chose ?

If that is all you have room for, then why did you ask for 15 or 25mm fans? The fan you got is aimed at low profile or case fan, not for heatsinks or radiators. CFM measurements mean nothing, don't even bother looking at them. For fans tested it is open air or vacuum for testing, so you can have a fan that moves triple the CFM of another fan but perform worse when being used for a HS or rad. You have to look at it's application and what you are using it for.

aw well if you are space constrained then it's fine.. as in the OP stated 25mm or 15mm doesn't mater, didn't take space constrained situations. all good then.

He is the OP, which is why it makes no sense, however having seen most of his posts, most do not make sense and he picks things counter to all recommendations.

If that is all you have room for, then why did you ask for 15 or 25mm fans? The fan you got is aimed at low profile or case fan, not for heatsinks or radiators. CFM measurements mean nothing, don't even bother looking at them. For fans tested it is open air or vacuum for testing, so you can have a fan that moves triple the CFM of another fan but perform worse when being used for a HS or rad. You have to look at it's application and what you are using it for.

"Low Profile Heat Sinks"

Yes it is aimed at heat sinks.

"Low Profile Heat Sinks"

Yes it is aimed at heat sinks.

No, its not, its static pressure is very low, most if not all low profile fans fall into this, it is just not possible to have a blade design in the slim fans to avoid this. They say low profile HS because you are so limited on fan choices, that does NOT mean the fan has high static pressure or is the choice for a HS when you have the option for 25mm fans. Example being their own fan meant for heatsinks, which is 2.61mm/h20, while this fan is only 1.53mm/h20, it's more or less saying, if this is your only choice for a fan to fit, yeah, sure, it does great on HS.

Back