$120 + Tax ! SanDisk SDSSDX-240G-G25 Extreme 240GB

Possibly, looking at my invoice it says web-user login: A3Q1. Maybe you could call, talk to an agent and be asked to be transferred to the agent with that login?

Mine was A3X8

Boo, tried twice and got turned down. I guess Ill abandon ship on this one.

Thanks, that saves me a phone call :)

Ditto. I called office depot main line. The man on the phone said that #1 this item is a special order item. Meaning that OfficeDepot doesn't even have it stock.

When an order comes in, they send it off to SanDesk and then SanDisk fulfills the order. Basically it is a "drop shipped" order processing.

#2 The item is out of stock (OOS) at Staples.

Therefore 2 of the conditions have been met and OfficeDepot doesn't have to take the hit. I pressed the sales rep and stated "So, if Staples had 1,000,000 of these drives at this price point, Office Depot following their normal policies, would again refuse to price match because this item is a "Special order" drop shipped item.

The fact that it is a special order item takes precedence so OfficeDepot again would refuse to pricematch.

The other scenario could be that the supervisor is giving the sales reps a bunch bullshit about the drop shipping / have to order from sandisk first line of crap just to get out of it. Again, I can respect that they don't won't to do the deal because retail margins are so damn skinny that they don't want to lose their pants.

For those that did a price match and were successful, I hope the order continues to process. Otherwise, you were just able to get the order though because the Sales Agent was not informed of these issues and has to be re-trained by their Supervisor.

Last edited:
Called CDW. Guy says that the $119.99 is $100 dollars below his cost. So he can't possibly do the deal. Claims that there must be something wrong with the SSD drive at Staples. He said Buy it, and grab it quick. Wish I could.

TigerDirect wouldn't even consider it. I asked how close they could get to the $119.99 price match. "The best be can do is what is offered on the website." $169.99. BS, but hey they don't want to take the hit.

I called one other outfit and yeah, they refused.

Basically, all of them complained that the price was X amount of money below their cost and would not budge. Again, can't blame them.

Killer deal Staples!

I went in store at Office Depot in Slidell, LA and the guy price matched and ordered me 2 to be shipped to my house. Total came to $260.98. I'll probably sell one to help pay for the other.

Those are the kinds of employees you want. Just pricematch the item and be done with it already. With my unlucky phone calling streak, it would be just a waste of gas to try and pricematch at the local OfficeDepot. I called them and the sales agent sounded like a lady in her l50's without a clue in the tech department.
"Do you have SanDisk SSD drives?"
..."Darling, spell that for me.. "
I repeat.
" I don't think we have nothin like dat here".
"Do you have any Solid State Drives?"
" I don't think so. Just them there hard drives, Segates, and Westerns...I suppose".
Urghh. "Thanks for your time." Click.

Last edited:
I went in store at Office Depot in Slidell, LA and the guy price matched and ordered me 2 to be shipped to my house. Total came to $260.98. I'll probably sell one to help pay for the other.

I'll happily take one off your hands for you :)

Those are the kinds of employees you want. Just pricematch the item and be done with it already. With my unlucky phone calling streak, it would be just a waste of gas to try and pricematch at the local OfficeDepot. I called them and the sales agent sounded like a lady in her l50's without a clue in the tech department.
"Do you have SanDisk SSD drives?"
..."Darling, spell that for me.. "
I repeat.
" I don't think we have nothin like dat here".
"Do you have any Solid State Drives?"
" I don't think so. Just them there hard drives, Segates, and Westerns...I suppose".
Urghh. "Thanks for your time." Click.

What do u expect for a minimum wage job?

Mind sending one of those drives to Mandeville? :)

oh dang! what am I going to tell the wife?
:eek:

2n8x0n4.jpg

I was one of teh first to jump on 2 of these, got canceled.
Friend ordered 2 on separate orders few hours later, 1 got canceled 1 went through. Bah.
Also they said i have been refunded, the $ is still locked as pending on my account.

When they send you the out of stock email send one back telling them that's fine, you'll wait for the new stock but you still want the same price.

Mine got cancelled too.... that'll teach me for sharing the wealth ;-)

Mine shows shipped from the warehouse.

How many people who ordered more than one got canceled vs those who ordered just one?

:eek: Holy bongaroo, my order of 2 from Office Depot shipped and my order for 2 from Staples also says "shipped from warehouse". To return 2 or keep all 4? hmmm

My four from staples shipped. My three from Office Depot are still in process.

Sell me one :D

Yeah I would be interested too :D

I will let you guys know :)

One interesting tidbit that someone mentioned is that the eastcoast warehouse had less stock than the westcoast warehouse. I am leaning towards this because I was surely not one of the firsts, I actually ordered pretty late and people's orders got canceled who ordered before me. I read about a few confirmations from other people living toward the west getting their orders shipped. So, the most of these canceled orders are from the east.

Both of mine shipped as well from Staples. Looks like I'll be getting rid of my Crucial drives in the coming week. I swear, I'm acquiring SSDs like I did with DDR2 back in the day. :eek:

Listen up dudes and dudettes! I called staples to make sure they applied my $30 off $150 coupon, she asked me if I had any other questions. I asked her what does "Shipped from warehouse" mean, she put me on hold for a brief moment and told me my order will be delivered TODAY via UPS. So everyone could be getting theirs today! Call in to check!

Listen up dudes and dudettes! I called staples to make sure they applied my $30 off $150 coupon, she asked me if I had any other questions. I asked her what does "Shipped from warehouse" mean, she put me on hold for a brief moment and told me my order will be delivered TODAY via UPS. So everyone could be getting theirs today! Call in to check!

I did the web chat...

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 08/10/2012, By End of Day

Back