$120 + Tax ! SanDisk SDSSDX-240G-G25 Extreme 240GB

Ouch, I feel sorry for you people. I was just thinking "why wasn't I ordering one of these to replace the 320gb hd in my laptop... " although I did wonder why it didn't go OOS sooner.. guess the website just got slammed with orders, considering that this wasn't something you had to pick up, anyone could get it.

even better: MLC Toggle NAND

The Plextor M3 Pro is the newest SSD on the market to use Toshiba 24nm Toggle Mode flash. The SanDisk Extreme uses the same flash, made at the same factory, but sporting a SanDisk badge. These two drives, the SanDisk Extreme and the Plextor M3 Pro are the hottest new SSDs on the market, with the fastest flash available.

SanDisk MLC Toggle NAND to drive top end performance of up to 550 MB/s reads, 520MB/s writes and random write 83,000 IOPS.
http://www.storagereview.com/sandisk_extreme_ssd_review

Don't worry, our orders will be cancelled. It's just a matter of time.

Eh you and I got on pretty quickly. Mine's still showing as processing.

My status says out of stock. No cancellation yet though. Why can't these companies get their inventory sorted?

Damn...guess i'll continue to wait until the next one..waiting on my cancellation as well....

Whew, I pretty much secured my 2 sandisk extreme 240GB. Called in to price match to office depot without a hitch. So, if staples cancels, office depot will be my back up. If staples goes through, well I can decide if I want 4 of these beasts or just 2 :eek:

I emailed Amazon to see if they would match the promo... so if other people email them too, they might be more likely to. they responded to me and said they would look into it.

I emailed Amazon to see if they would match the promo... so if other people email them too, they might be more likely to. they responded to me and said they would look into it.

Considering that its OOS at Staples I don't see any incentive for them to do that. They are all ready matching Newegg's $170 price which seemed very sweet prior to the Staples deal.

If anyone is actually buying bulk and order is processed, I would be happy to buy one off ya cover shipping cost and throw and extra $10 in for your trouble if that's acceptable. PM me.

My status says out of stock. No cancellation yet though. Why can't these companies get their inventory sorted?

My guess would be when there is a sale like this they get so many orders coming it at the same time that they cant keep up.

If anyone is actually buying bulk and order is processed, I would be happy to buy one off ya cover shipping cost and throw and extra $10 in for your trouble if that's acceptable. PM me.

It's not personal...it's just funny how someone can get in on a sweet deal, then someone else thinks for a cool 10 beans, they'll let someone else in on it.

It's like getting that shiny new nickel flipped-out at you after a shoe shine.

Man, you got an awesome deal. Now go get your shine box.

I don't see anyone sharing the spoils of this deal unless they are blood or a good friend.

I placed an order on staples.. mine shows OOS status, very likely they will cancel it.

just in case I called officedepot and they priced matched it online for me.

all you need to do is give them the staples item number #730659
and give them the office depot item code which is #349846

they will have the supervisor price match it ..

all you pay for is tax.. still free shipping :)

It's not personal...it's just funny how someone can get in on a sweet deal, then someone else thinks for a cool 10 beans, they'll let someone else in on it.

Well, some people order a bunch of these to try to resell. So assuming they paid $130 or so after taxes, they're not gonna be able to get much more than $140-150 for them anyway when they have been on sale for $160-170 already.

I guess my point is, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

tt's not personal...it's just funny how someone can get in on a sweet deal, then someone else thinks for a cool 10 beans, they'll let someone else in on it.

It's like getting that shiny new nickel flipped-out at you after a shoe shine.

Man, you got an awesome deal. Now go get your shine box.

I'm not out on the street with a cup in hand my friend. This is a community, and usually, in a community people help each other out. I'm not asking to take, as you can see. If I had the money and bought bulk you better believe if someone asked I would help my other Hardforum users.

I ordered one and just checked my status and it says OOS with delivery date 8/13. Kicker is they billed my credit card already. Hopefully doesn't get canceled.

I just got the order cancelled email. I would be surprised if more then a handful got their drives shipped.

Just got cancellation e-mail.

I want to cry, but I guess I can afford decent food for one extra month now.

Got my cancellation too. Anyone getting a successful price match?

Got my cancellation too. Anyone getting a successful price match?

Yes

I just posted the instructions:

I placed an order on staples.. mine shows OOS status, very likely they will cancel it.

just in case I called officedepot and they priced matched it online for me.

all you need to do is give them the staples item number #730659
and give them the office depot item code which is #349846

they will have the supervisor price match it ..

all you pay for is tax.. still free shipping :)

I just got my cancellation on staples.. Office Depot just pulled through :)

Cancelled. Ah well...

But hey look I got a brown sock and some belly button lint + plus ship for anyone who wants to help a brother out with one of these.

Office Depot refuses to price match as Staples is out of stock. Even talked to a supervisor.

Still says processing for me. On my one drive and no email yet. (knocks on wood)

my Staples order still says "processing"

I'm not even going to try to pricematch to Officedepot. I really can't justify this purchase anyway. I just bought one 3 weeks ago. My wife will not be happy if this drive is delivered.

Tried price matching with office depot.. got a canadian lady. She said no.. and asked if I had called earlier.. lol. To the people who were successful who did you get?

Tried price matching with office depot.. got a Canadian lady. She said no.. and asked if I had called earlier.. lol. To the people who were successful who did you get?

Melissa....Very dry personality and would not deviate from script, but was very helpful and friendly.

Is there anyway to go to reps directly?

Possibly, looking at my invoice it says web-user login: A3Q1. Maybe you could call, talk to an agent and be asked to be transferred to the agent with that login?

Back