12 minute gameplay of The Evil Within

I like it Texas Chainsaw Massacre environment. Intense. Looks hella better than that Zombie U too. Looks EPIC. That genre has come a long way from Splatterhouse/RE. Sound in 5.1 I'm assuming is very good imho. I had a feeling this game was going to be good, but it looks even better than I thought! :eek:

Shinji Mikami knows how to make a great game. Can't wait for this.

It looked great until he was in that second house and had zombies(?) after him. I'm down for a suspenseful game but nothing is original anymore

Holy cow yes, this is why Mikami is the creator and the only one who can do "Resident Evil" right.
That was incredibly intense, the prologue, wow I wasn't ready for all that. Do want, NOW!

Looks pretty good. I stopped before the second scene because I don't want to be spoiled. I hate those chase scenes just because they get me worked up but if that's what the game accomplishes then it's being done right.

Textures look sharp so at least this is a representation from the PC or next-gen consoles (controls look like Xbox controls).

Am I the only one that was a bit disappointed in the video?

1. One of the WORST "run" animations I've ever seen in a game, who the hell runs like that in real life? LIke someone on youtube said, "Guy runs like a velociraptor."

2. Is this survival horror or action? Near the end of the video it looks a LOT like the newer RE games, when he has the gun and then the video introduces zombies....slow lumbering easy to kill zombies.....oh scary!

The first part of the video was a lot more atmosphere/interesting (minus the horrible running animation) but the second half seemed to devolve into a "been there done that" action focused survival horror game.

I was hoping it was going to be more atmosphere/story driven and less "shoot a zillion zombies" game.

Though the video isn't enough to tell about that, I will still keep up my hope and hope I am wrong.

Back