12 EVGA 1060 6GB mining card LOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
SOLD - $4250

Bought new in Sept. 2017.

$29 a day right now in profits on nicehash.

x180 days as ROI target (($29 x180) = $5220 ask price)).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222816302474

Bonus - EVGA warranty transfers to new owner - 3 year warranty.

----------------

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I mean I know prices are up right now, but 435 a card for used mining cards? Are 1060's really going for this used after mining right now?

If anyone is thinking about buying this note you need to add in difficulty increases. I'm already down 40% in January alone. 180 days is literally THE BEST CASE SCENARIO. More than likely you're looking at 12 to 18 months. By then you'll likely be eeking out small amounts of money.

Last edited:
osrk You can hit plenty of other coins with these cards. Eth ain't the only pebble on the beach.

If anyone is thinking about buying this note you need to add in difficulty increases. I'm already down 40% in January alone. 180 days is literally THE BEST CASE SCENARIO. More than likely you're looking at 12 to 18 months. By then you'll likely be eeking out small amounts of money. Also by then the 3gb cards will start to look like a very bad investment due to the DAG file increases.

Good thing these are 6gb cards...

osrk You can hit plenty of other coins with these cards. Eth ain't the only pebble on the beach.

Keep hearing that but no one really posts the alternative. The issue is by the time I mine enough to be useful the bubble has already popped. Eth has been fairly stable in terms of price.

Good thing these are 6gb cards...
Misread. All other points still valid though. $435 is pretty steep for used mining cards but if he gets that price more power to him.

If anyone is thinking about buying this note you need to add in difficulty increases. I'm already down 40% in January alone. 180 days is literally THE BEST CASE SCENARIO. More than likely you're looking at 12 to 18 months. By then you'll likely be eeking out small amounts of money. Also by then the 3gb cards will start to look like a very bad investment due to the DAG file increases.
It’s not difficulty increases that hit you in January it’s the crypto market value drop that happened dec-Jan.

The market dropped 40-50% in the last month. Pretty much all coins. Yes of course the payback timeframe is a gamble (as is anything in crypto). I used current rates with a screenptrint which is probably about the average profits over the time I’ve had the cards.

Since September, I’ve seen these 1060 6gb cards each make as little as $1.25 a day, to as much as $4.10 a day on nicehash. (Full rig = ~$15 to ~$50) It’s always in flux. The most profitable mining time I’ve seen since I started mining crypto in June of 2017 was in mid/late December. So no difficulty isn’t the main factor for profitability. Crypto market overall success is the main factor. Profits go up significantly if the market is booming and all coins are rising.

BTW, these are 6gb cards, with a three year warranty. Unless crypto completely bellies up, the buyer will easily ROI on them. They are priced at current market value - which as everyone knows is inflated right now. Look at closed sold listings for individual 1060 6 gb cards right now. $400-$450. So in line with current inflated market values.

And a one stop listing for all 12 identical cards (maxing out a single rig convientenly from one seller, in one transaction, best warranty/vendor, etc) — in a time where it’s very hard to source cards, and buy more than 1 at a time when you do.

Last edited:
It’s not difficulty increases that hit you in January it’s the crypto market value drop that happened dec-Jan.

The market dropped 40-50% in the last month. Pretty much all coins. Yes of course the payback timeframe is a gamble (as is anything in crypto). I used current rates with a screenptrint which is probably about the average profits over the time I’ve had the cards.

Since September, I’ve seen these 1060 6gb cards each make as little as $1.25 a day, to as much as $4.10 a day. (Full rig = ~$15 to ~$50) It’s always in flux. The most profitable mining time I’ve seen since I started mining crypto in June of 2017 was in mid/late December. So no difficulty isn’t the main factor for profitability. Crypto market overall success is the main factor. Profits go up significantly if the market is booming and all coins are rising.

BTW, these are 6gb cards, with a three year warranty. Unless crypto completely bellies up, the buyer will easily ROI on them. They are priced at current market value - which as everyone knows is inflated right now. Look at closed sold listings for individual 1060 6 gb cards right now. $400-$450. So one in line with current market.

And a one stop listing for all 12 identical cards (maxing out a single rig convientenly from one seller, in one transaction, best warranty/vendor, etc).

The difficulty argument wasn't based on revenue but on how many coins I make per month. I've seen how many coins i make per month drop by 40%. I realize the price will fluctuate good or bad. Difficulty has gone from 19 to 26, ~38% increase from Jan 1 to Jan 30. I agree that this 40% jump a month isn't likely to continue but I'd expect the average to be around 20%.

If you get $435 great, but you should be honest that ROI in 6 months is very very unlikely.

Yeah i misread the 6gb and modified my earlier post. Mea culpa

Last edited:
The difficulty argument wasn't based on revenue but on how many coins I make per month. I've seen how many coins i make per month drop by 40%. I realize the price will fluctuate good or bad.

If you get $435 great, but you should be honest that ROI in 6 months is very very unlikely.

Yeah i misread the 6gb and modified my earlier post. Mea culpa

How many coins per month isn’t as important as the price per coin. What are you mining?

If mining eth the difficulty has very slowly decreased the amount of coins you mined over the last six months, but eth price per coin has jumped 500%.

Your meter stick is broken.

I’ve been nothing but honest in my listing.

And my pricing isn’t out of line with everything else sold on eBay. (Figure in 12 identical cards and availability and warranty, and at this current time it’s probably the best deal on 1060’s on eBay)

My conscience is clean. I have no problem keeping these to mine if they don’t sell. They are good cards and the market dictates they are worth more than I bought them for at this time. What happens in the future is anyone’s guess.

By saying they won’t ROI in six months you are speculating crypto is going down overall in six months. It could just as easily swing back up—- and higher.

Just presenting the facts on both sides. I hope your conscience is clean, you can price the cards however you like, no one says you need to honor MSRP, hell not even microcenter is anymore. The market dictates the price. Hell you could price them $1,000 per card, doesn't mean you'll get it but maybe if you find the right buyer.

I've been mining since the litecoin days, this time of year has traditionally been the bear months. Yes ether has gone up, but so has the price of cards (by 100+ percent) and difficulty has also gone up substantially in that time frame. The next six months will tell who was right. It's just extremely unlikely given the state of the market, difficulty, and the buy in price for the hardware now that it will be 6 months.

Conscience? Really? These are video cards, not cancer drugs. The market sets the prices. His price is just as valid as some random MSRP that Nvidia pulled out of their ass to convince you their hunk of silicon was worth the profit margin they asked for.

If you don't like his prices, then don't buy the cards and move along. Anything else is just whiny threadcrapping.

Conscience? Really? These are video cards, not cancer drugs. The market sets the prices. His price is just as valid as some random MSRP that Nvidia pulled out of their ass to convince you their hunk of silicon was worth the profit margin they asked for.

If you don't like his prices, then don't buy the cards and move along. Anything else is just whiny threadcrapping.
I don't think you can read?

My 1070Ti "earns" about $4/day give or take. So is my 1070Ti really worth $720 at $4 x 180? I'll sell it to anyone for a bargain of $4 x 179 day ROI to help me fund my 1080Ti purchase to go with my new 4k TV. Shipping and insurance included!!! My conscience is clear.

My point - I wouldn't even mention ROI...just say $435 per card here's the price.

Last edited:
My 1070Ti "earns" about $4/day give or take. So is my 1070Ti really worth $720 at $4 x 180? I'll sell it to anyone for a bargain of $4 x 179 day ROI to help me fund my 1080Ti purchase to go with my new 4k TV. Shipping and insurance included!!! My conscience is clear.

My point - I wouldn't even mention ROI...just say $435 per card here's the price.

I don't get your point...

eBay sold listings for 1070TI listed below. It appears the market rate for your used 1070TI is around $700-750 right now. (availability and mining profits of course play into market price)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...TR0.TRC0.H0.X1070ti.TRS0&_nkw=1070ti&_sacat=0

There's a lot of ball-breaking going on with card prices. Market is market. Hypocritically, half (maybe more?) Of the people so ready to throw shade on miners are more than happy to sell their used gaming rig cards for 40 - 80% more than they paid for them, then play on their consoles until things calm down.

I don't get your point...

eBay sold listings for 1070TI listed below. It appears the market rate for your used 1070TI is around $700-750 right now. (availability and mining profits of course play into market price)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...TR0.TRC0.H0.X1070ti.TRS0&_nkw=1070ti&_sacat=0

My point is that you're inviting a lot of the negativity by talking about ROI. Just say you want $435 a card because its the market value. You don't have to justify your price (at least not to me). By tying your asking price to ROI, you're inviting an argument about whether or not the ROI is sustainable, etc.

Actually, my card is pulling closer to $4.50 so I'm inflating my asking price to $810, but I'm not selling it until I finish the AC: Origins DLC ;).

Since September, I’ve seen these 1060 6gb cards each make as little as $1.25 a day, to as much as $4.10 a day on nicehash. (Full rig = ~$15 to ~$50) It’s always in flux. The most profitable mining time I’ve seen since I started mining crypto in June of 2017 was in mid/late December. So no difficulty isn’t the main factor for profitability. Crypto market overall success is the main factor. Profits go up significantly if the market is booming and all coins are rising.

BTW, these are 6gb cards, with a three year warranty. Unless crypto completely bellies up, the buyer will easily ROI on them. They are priced at current market value - which as everyone knows is inflated right now. Look at closed sold listings for individual 1060 6 gb cards right now. $400-$450. So in line with current inflated market values.

And a one stop listing for all 12 identical cards (maxing out a single rig convientenly from one seller, in one transaction, best warranty/vendor, etc) — in a time where it’s very hard to source cards, and buy more than 1 at a time when you do.

Why are you explaining yourself to ankle biters in a for-sale/ebay thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back