11K (2,250 ppi) AMOLEDs

Hey now, Tech News we can use!

I use to get the EE times years ago.
Beats threads about "dirtiest PC setups" o_O

Heading toward AMD's dream of 16k per eye...with no hardware capable of running it. :p

Screw the vr gaming for now, just get a gpu strong enough to give me wide FOV with those high res screens for a home theater experience. That coupled with the ossic x = personal IMAX at home... I think, which is why we need this kind of display to test it.

This would get rid of the screen door effect (black space between the pixels) even if you don't render at 2250ppi. So could be a big improvement on that aspect even if rendering at the current resolution or better yet 4K. Comes down to cost and availability but nice to know that this tech maybe now doable and could be used in the future. As for GPU horse power for VR, effective multi GPU use would be the fastest way to increase performance. Regular hardware advances are taking longer and longer to accomplished. I do think the 14nm node has at least 3 more years of heavy use if not longer. 8nm and 10nm :LOL:

This would get rid of the screen door effect (black space between the pixels) even if you don't render at 2250ppi. So could be a big improvement on that aspect even if rendering at the current resolution or better yet 4K. Comes down to cost and availability but nice to know that this tech maybe now doable and could be used in the future. As for GPU horse power for VR, effective multi GPU use would be the fastest way to increase performance. Regular hardware advances are taking longer and longer to accomplished. I do think the 14nm node has at least 3 more years of heavy use if not longer. 8nm and 10nm :LOL:
you won't run that without games being made to actually support multi GPUs properly. Thats the only way to make that work or wait another 20 years for a game changer in hardware to start like new material or quantum something.

The removal of screen door effect will be very welcomed. I can't stand screen door effect. I couldn't handle the pentile displays on early smart phones either....drove me nuts.

Back