11900 k volt and heat reduce

Psycrow

Gawd
I got a 11900k intel cpu with a Hero xiii board
And im using a NH12A cooler
https://pangoly.com/en/review/noctua-nh-u12a

Here is a picture of my pc using idle power save balanced mode.

And i want to change the cpu volt to reduce the heat under load.
Im not sure i fully understand the HW info given to me

In the bios i see cpu cashe manual overwrite volt.
How much volt should i set ? 1.439 ?
Since its set to auto now.

For now i have been changing the Vccio and vccsa to 1.12 v
But in the picture its 1.16 v.

Its been so long time since i last tweaked bios that i forgot how to find the volt and find where excatly to change it in bios

Testing 1.6.png

Last edited:
Should be easy to find, usually under the "AI tweaker" heading in Asus bios. Press F7 to go to advanced mode.

I got a 11900k intel cpu with a Hero xiii board
And im using a NH12A cooler
https://pangoly.com/en/review/noctua-nh-u12a

Here is a picture of my pc using idle power save balanced mode.

And i want to change the cpu volt to reduce the heat under load.
Im not sure i fully understand the HW info given to me

In the bios i see cpu cashe manual overwrite volt.
How much volt should i set ? 1.439 ?
Since its set to auto now.

For now i have been changing the Vccio and vccsa to 1.12 v
But in the picture its 1.16 v.

Its been so long time since i last tweaked bios that i forgot how to find the volt and find where excatly to change it in bios
Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve with your question other than less heat on load with 11900k.

So I responded to someone a couple months back and you can do the same if you want to reduce heat on load.

Copy and paste but will work for you also.AI Tweaker Section

First you did not mention Ram at all,so just set basic XMP profile with appropriate DRAM Voltage for your Ram.(Range would be 1.35v-1.5v depending on Ram you bought)

Set all cores sync to something reasonable where you are comfortable with CPU temperatures,when testing on load.Also no mention of what kind of load.

EG:
Sync all core- Set 48
CPU manual voltage-1.1v-1.15v with Load Line Calibration where the CPU voltage stays around the same when under load. Load Line Calibration LLC 6 on that Motherboard should be good(Check CPU Vcore Voltage in HWInfo64 should read same as BIOS)

SA and VCCIO since your not overclocking DRAM- 1.1v-1.15v should be plenty of voltage.Can go to 1.25v if you have stability issues
PCH-1.05v

Thermal velocity 3 or ABL to disabled whatever the boost clock thing is called.

You can leave the rest on auto and you should be fine. Like speed step/C-states.
If you want you can set Ring Bus enable(CPU Cache ratio) and set a min 42 and max 45 with CPU at 48.

You can set your Fan BIOS curve to run silent when running system at max speed. There are 4-5 Modes for fan curves to chose from in BIOS.Manual would be best,set to your comfortable noise and heat level.

Now of course you have to test stability with CPU manual voltage . The higher the clocks the way higher CPU voltage you needs to run but 4800Mhz all core overclock on low voltage is great to run.

Of course default all core clock on 11900K is 4900Mhz but if that is too hot for you adjust accordingly like above.

That's about it if you wanna try.
Here is an example of what CPU voltage Vcore should be when setting the LLC load line calibration, should not be much difference in what manual voltage you set and what Vcore voltage you get when under 100% load in HWInfo64. All the VID voltages does not matter,Vcore is the important one.

10850K- 4800Mhz @ 1.2v in BIOS CPU manual voltage with LLC 6 on my motherboard to keep same CPU Vcore voltage under 100% CPU load and BIOS curve set so CPU AIO Fan runs at silent RPM. Set your to your comfort level. Also my VCCIO will be higher than your cause I run 4400Mhz.
https://postimg.cc/hQ9zFHD5
View attachment 384022

Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve with your question other than less heat on load with 11900k.

So I responded to someone a couple months back and you can do the same if you want to reduce heat on load.

Copy and paste but will work for you also.AI Tweaker Section

First you did not mention Ram at all,so just set basic XMP profile with appropriate DRAM Voltage for your Ram.(Range would be 1.35v-1.5v depending on Ram you bought)

Set all cores sync to something reasonable where you are comfortable with CPU temperatures,when testing on load.Also no mention of what kind of load.

EG:
Sync all core- Set 48
CPU manual voltage-1.1v-1.15v with Load Line Calibration where the CPU voltage stays around the same when under load. Load Line Calibration LLC 6 on that Motherboard should be good(Check CPU Vcore Voltage in HWInfo64 should read same as BIOS)

SA and VCCIO since your not overclocking DRAM- 1.1v-1.15v should be plenty of voltage.Can go to 1.25v if you have stability issues
PCH-1.05v

Thermal velocity 3 or ABL to disabled whatever the boost clock thing is called.

You can leave the rest on auto and you should be fine. Like speed step/C-states.
If you want you can set Ring Bus enable(CPU Cache ratio) and set a min 42 and max 45 with CPU at 48.

You can set your Fan BIOS curve to run silent when running system at max speed. There are 4-5 Modes for fan curves to chose from in BIOS.Manual would be best,set to your comfortable noise and heat level.

Now of course you have to test stability with CPU manual voltage . The higher the clocks the way higher CPU voltage you needs to run but 4800Mhz all core overclock on low voltage is great to run.

Of course default all core clock on 11900K is 4900Mhz but if that is too hot for you adjust accordingly like above.

That's about it if you wanna try.
Here is an example of what CPU voltage Vcore should be when setting the LLC load line calibration, should not be much difference in what manual voltage you set and what Vcore voltage you get when under 100% load in HWInfo64. All the VID voltages does not matter,Vcore is the important one.

10850K- 4800Mhz @ 1.2v in BIOS CPU manual voltage with LLC 6 on my motherboard to keep same CPU Vcore voltage under 100% CPU load and BIOS curve set so CPU AIO Fan runs at silent RPM. Set your to your comfort level. Also my VCCIO will be higher than your cause I run 4400Mhz.
https://postimg.cc/hQ9zFHD5
View attachment 384022
Nice !

I will try this out. I see you chosoed to set the cpu for 4800 mhz. For now the cpu can go to 5100 mhz as default bios settings. I did allerady lower the vccio and Sa to 1.12 v running stable. I got the royal triden z gskill 3600 mhz 14 timing ram.

My load on the cpu 5100 mhz is getting around 75 c but average is 68-70 playing games. It did once reach 85 c in that cinebench.
But since i have balanced power saving mode then it jumps down on 65c ish again while running the test.

I guess 48 or 51 is only 300 mhz between.

You will probably lose some performance in single-threaded applications doing this BTW. Keep that in mind.

Nice !

I will try this out. I see you chosoed to set the cpu for 4800 mhz. For now the cpu can go to 5100 mhz as default bios settings. I did allerady lower the vccio and Sa to 1.12 v running stable. I got the royal triden z gskill 3600 mhz 14 timing ram.

My load on the cpu 5100 mhz is getting around 75 c but average is 68-70 playing games. It did once reach 85 c in that cinebench.
But since i have balanced power saving mode then it jumps down on 65c ish again while running the test.

I guess 48 or 51 is only 300 mhz between.
No I have a e-peen so I do not run at a lowly 4800Mhz J/K.

85ºC in Cinebench is 100% acceptable and normal for the 11900k.
In PC gaming there is no difference between 5300Mhz(boost for your CPU) to 4800Mhz unless you play games on 3080Ti at 720p/1080p and then it is questionable at best.
The temperatures you just reported,you CPU would last 10years without a problem.

If I was you I would just leave what you have but you could use the same voltages and try 5100Mhz all core.You never know what kind of CPU you have.In fact I would probably run 5300Mhz all core overclock with 11900K with good cooling but 100% not needed or make a real difference in almost anything.

You will probably lose some performance in single-threaded applications doing this BTW. Keep that in mind.
Yes but not much..going down from 5100 to 4800 at the cost of heat reduction suits me fine :D
And its not like 11900k cpu is slow :D

What do you think ?

No I have a e-peen so I do not run at a lowly 4800Mhz J/K.

85ºC in Cinebench is 100% acceptable and normal for the 11900k.
In PC gaming there is no difference between 5300Mhz(boost for your CPU) to 4800Mhz unless you play games on 3080Ti at 720p/1080p and then it is questionable at best.
The temperatures you just reported,you CPU would last 10years without a problem.

If I was you I would just leave what you have but you could use the same voltages and try 5100Mhz all core.You never know what kind of CPU you have.In fact I would probably run 5300Mhz all core overclock with 11900K with good cooling but 100% not needed or make a real difference in almost anything.
Now that i got you here..i have some problems running the cinebench test with ur suggested settings. I have som epictures of the bios if you want to see if i did it right.
I can boot in to windows where things looks good. Let me try and test with 1.20 v for cpu 1.90 crashed

A bit blurry

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjbytq4kirhi5ja/20211024_022651.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jqnghcomk8pa76/20211024_022752.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0saz6h4cedrgppo/20211024_022947.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0bqtciy8m06w1k/20211024_023055.jpg?dl=0

Synch all core 48
Cpu manual volt 1.5 and i tryed with 1.9
Loadline calib level 6
Vccio 1.1
Vccsa 1.1
Thermal velo disabled ( i also tryed to disable all 3 in that menu )

Did i forget something ?

I can boot up in windows but when i start cinebench then i get "watch dog" Bsod and windows repairs and reboots

Last edited:
This is with all on default in bios beside vccio and sa being set to 1.1

Here is the idle after restart.
Note cpu z shows 5100 mhz but it just jumped down to 800 mhz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac6ygfwb25w5u8f/Test idle.png?dl=0

Here the test is running. Also why does my cpu show 4700 in test but when turbo kicks in then it goes to 4800 - 5100 mhz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym3jn13nu5lk0el/Test i gang.png?dl=0

Cinebench score

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioyvk5qj439n3pz/123.png?dl=0

The pc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rllqyoyfn20t57s/20211009_212604.jpg?dl=0

First off your CPU is working normal from the settings you show. On Intel Motherboard some settings will get ignored and also dropping to 800Mhz is also normal.You need to test the voltages yourself,I can offer suggesting's

Your Ram has good settings ,I suggest you raise these voltages.You can test with memtest for errors ,no errors then you can lower the voltages later.
DRAM 1.45v is good unless you are manual overclocking the Ram then I suggest 1.5v for DRAM testing
CPU VCCIO- 1.25v
CPU VCCSA- 1.25v

Your CPU core voltage override can be left at 1.20 with LLC level 6 for now.
Keep Sync all at 48
Disable turbo under advance and you can leave the rest auto.
Balanced Power plan is fine
Then test those settings out.Good luck and overclocking and unclocking is not a magic setting.You may need weeks to get something that works the way you want.

EDIT: Overclocking guide which can help you with the settings.
https://extremehw.net/all-reviews/11900k-z590-overclocking-guide/

Here are the actual boost clocks for the 11900k

TVB (Thermal Velocity Boost) Up to 5.3/4.8 GHz

Turbo Max 3.0 Up to 5.2 GHz

Single-Core Frequency (GHz) Up to 5.1 GHz

All Core Turbo (GHz) Up to 4.7 GHz

Base Clock (GHz) Up to 3.5 GHz

PL1 (Power Limit) (Watts) 125W

PL2 (Power Limit) (Watts) 250W

Last edited:
Tryed ur new settings and it was stable but heat seems to reach 90-95 c in cine
It was better before with auto bios reaching 85 c in cine

Im planning on setting the bios to all core and then something under 48 like 45 or 46 and live with temps like 75-80 ish

Or what is ur suggestion..i did read that guide and i see its just not a magic word and then everything works.
Its a good guide tho. I will read up again.

You say im good with 85 ish c with auto bios and the vccio on 1.1 v for now ?

Also i have the NH A12 air cooler from noctua that does a good job, but i understand this cpu gets hot.
Why did i buy this cpu mann..

I would have not bought the 11900K myself. It is still a fast CPU and 85 ºC on the settings you had before is 100% safe for probably 10 years.
You really should be able to run around 4800Mhz without problems on a low voltage. Run settings as before and run cinebench and have open HWinfo64 and see what the vcore voltage is under load at 5100Mhz you said it was boosting.Take a screenshot and post it under cinebench load here.

Test i gang.png

When i run any benchmark then it only goes to 4700 mhz but if i play games or makes anything in windows that need cpu usage then it jumps to 5100 mhz for few seconds and then back on 4700 ish and eventualy down on 800 when idle

When i run any benchmark then it only goes to 4700 mhz but if i play games or makes anything in windows that need cpu usage then it jumps to 5100 mhz for few seconds and then back on 4700 ish and eventualy down on 800 when idle
Please turn off the turbo boost,try the settings again and dropping to 800Mhz is normal as I mentioned before.

Back