1180 leaks..similar to 1080ti specs?

Unless something happens soon, my 1070 is probably my last video card. I'll just game on that until I can't game on it anymore. PC graphics are priced out of the price range of the folks who they were designed for. I've never seen anything like this in my life. I was willing to spend up to $750 on a top-end card but that can't even get you into a 1070 these days. The same 1070 that I paid $439 for back in march of 2017 for, a water cooled unit no less.

Which leads me to this. Graphic cards manufacturers are Beyond dumb. They are still making fancy looking RGB cards (custom PCB) as if gamers are still buying them. These are miner cards now and miners don't care about RGB. So they are basically wasting and losing money on equipping cards with features that the main users of the cards don't even care about. Graphic card makers somehow think that these cards are being sold mostly to gamers and are equipping them as such. Dummies.

Pretty sure they charge a premium for those features, way more than it costs to add them, it's a business, not a fun house. Even if miners are buying them, they are paying out of the nose for them.

Here we go:
Hunger Games.jpg

Pretty sure they charge a premium for those features, way more than it costs to add them, it's a business, not a fun house. Even if miners are buying them, they are paying out of the nose for them.

They can charge the same price without those features. And I don't think that stuff matters to miners so why even include it? These are no longer gamer cards but mining cards. But they still look like gaming cards. They will figure it out eventually.

They can charge the same price without those features. And I don't think that stuff matters to miners so why even include it? These are no longer gamer cards but mining cards. But they still look like gaming cards. They will figure it out eventually.
Maybe its easier to tell at a quick glance which cards die when their RGB lights go out! :LOL:

PC graphics are priced out of the price range of the folks who they were designed for

Honestly don't even know what this means?

Unless something happens soon, my 1070 is probably my last video card. I'll just game on that until I can't game on it anymore. I've never seen anything like this in my life. I was willing to spend up to $750 on a top-end card but that can't even get you into a 1070 these days. The same 1070 that I paid $439 for back in march of 2017 for, a water cooled unit no less. .

This is just simply false. I'm seeing several 1070ti's for $500-550 over the last few weeks. For $700 I've seen the founders edition 1080ti come in stock several times and many used 1080ti's for the same price. Graphics card prices have been bad for 5 months...everyone needs to calm down and wait it out. I think the majority of people complaining aren't in the market for a new card anyways, they just like to complain.

1070's are in stock and selling for $399.00 at Nvidia right now. Anyone with a 1440p or less monitor that needs a new card should take a look.

We don’t need 16GB of RAM. 10GB or 12GB is more than enough. Give us more cuda cores, and more raw speed with the ram cost savings.

We never have memory issues with the 11GB on the 1080ti. Is there even any game that hits the 8 GB limit of the 1070 and 1080?

I was, and am, expecting the 1170 to be roughly equivalent to the 1080ti based on previous generations. Anything less, after 2 years have passed since Pascal card launch, and I’ll say Nvidia is sandbagging.
VRAM size sells. It always has and always will.

I don't think you understand how price differentiation works. Someone will pay more for these features, that cost them a fraction of the additional amount they charge.

All I know is that I will be getting a single card solution. As much I liked Sli, its obvious that Sli support is going the way of the dodo. Once devs were put in charge of major Sli support, it was not going anywhere except in decline. Will save much monies. At least I hope....

anyway, 1180Ti , not xx80 for me. Another 8-9 months based on previous releases.

Last edited:
seeing alot of "leaks" on the 1180 info and comparing its specs to the 1080, but the specs being posted are the same as the 1080ti other than memory (16gb) and power draw (200w), anyone else notice that?

funny how they are showing how much faster it is than the 1080...but why not comparing to the most recent 1080ti?

There are two many Fake Leaks.

You can't compare a GTX 1080 TI to a GTX1180 because of the Ram, GPU difference it wouldn't be fair when one is 11gb to 16gb?, & pascal to Volta both chips are different again Next year it will start again 1180 vs 1180 TI. The 'TI' will always be faster.

I mean 550 for last year's 700 dollar card today sucks too.

Or 600 from 700 if we use the 1080s msrp.

It'll be at least $700 MSRP at launch for the 1180 - probably $800 for founders edition.

They know they can sell them at that price, (1080TI performance or better (given GDDR6 memory speeds) at less power draw means they'll be good choices for crypto miners) and they've already said prices will be going up this generation because of memory prices. Why would they release a new faster product at a lesser pricepoint than what the current product is flying off the shelves at?

I still say the 1180 will be faster than the 1080TI though. We'll see.

You can't compare a GTX 1080 TI to a GTX1180 because of the Ram, GPU difference it wouldn't be fair when one is 11gb to 16gb?

Once released, you absolutely can make the comparison.

And you can always make the comparison. Never say never. Sometimes the comparisons aren't very useful, but in this case they absolutely are, and this very comparison between brackets has been a mainstay of Nvidia GPU release reviews for the last few generations.

In fact, this one will be pretty straightforward as the 11GB of VRAM on the 1080Ti is a bit overkill already, and thus shouldn't represent a testing bottleneck on its own.

I can't wait to score a cheap used gtx 1080. I need a decent card to last for a few years that can handle dual dvi 1440p monitors.

I really don't care if its $700, $3522 or $1.50 release the new fucking cards already man. I mean I shouldn't really complain, this 1070 has been probably the best card I have owned, but its turning into the Dodge Charger....

I didn't expect it to be more then 10% faster then a 1080ti. The 1180ti going to be about 30% faster then the 1180.

So 1180ti is going to be a fully unlocked Titan V with 128 ROPs? Even if you take out the Tensor cores it's going to be a 630mm2+ card...

Somehow I don't see 1180ti being anywhere near 699 if it hits that level of performance.

unfortunately progress goes backwards and then forwards in some odd way. for me upgrade is increasing power from the last card. if anything il wait for the Ti. hope i can get a good deal on my card when i sell it so the price difference wont be so huge, unfortunately its a FE, but ppl need that also for small builds or price. i definately sold my old 980ti for scraps and nothing and it was nearly brand new, but then again i got a rip-of price on it from retail. but as it is now upgrading doesnt really give me much more performance(1440p), only strugle with one game and that is GrW.

unfortunately progress goes backwards and then forwards in some odd way. for me upgrade is increasing power from the last card. if anything il wait for the Ti. hope i can get a good deal on my card when i sell it so the price difference wont be so huge, unfortunately its a FE, but ppl need that also for small builds or price. i definately sold my old 980ti for scraps and nothing and it was nearly brand new, but then again i got a rip-of price on it from retail. but as it is now upgrading doesnt really give me much more performance(1440p), only strugle with one game and that is GrW.

I'd say in the last couple years thanks to spikes in crypto you always have a window of a few months where an outdated card will go for more than msrp...if you simply time your upgrades that way you make money along the way ;)

I will never buy a non ti card again. Last time I got a 980 the video memory was obsolete on launch (Thanks to Shadow of Mordor) and the card chugged compared to the software. I could just tell it was not a true enthusiast card. The 1080ti, on the other hand, has been an animal since launch.

Word is that Nvidia is implementing firmware within the card to prevent mining on the next series of cards.
I would highly expect this and have said it for quite some time.
They charge a premium for commercial use of cards in almost every other case, so why not mining? Otherwise, it impacts gaming consumers and causes poor perceptions, damaging brand value.
They did make a recent change to rules around prohibiting GTX for datacentre use.

Nvidia seems to be doing the same thing amd did with GCN. But the thing is nvidia did a much better job at the chip around the core. Much leaner than what GCN is now. GCN was really damn good when it came out. But eventually AMD sat on it. Nvidia hit it on the clocks, power consumption and now they are adding more cores to their architecture. But I don't think they will use it as long as AMD did though. But they will milk it for a bit because AMD being behind. This just gives them not to hurry up on whole new architecture. Pascal was so impressive on clocks and power that adding more cores to it and stepping it up a bit would last another gen or so.

Nvidia seems to be doing the same thing amd did with GCN. But the thing is nvidia did a much better job at the chip around the core. Much leaner than what GCN is now. GCN was really damn good when it came out. But eventually AMD sat on it. Nvidia hit it on the clocks, power consumption and now they are adding more cores to their architecture. But I don't think they will use it as long as AMD did though. But they will milk it for a bit because AMD being behind. This just gives them not to hurry up on whole new architecture. Pascal was so impressive on clocks and power that adding more cores to it and stepping it up a bit would last another gen or so.

AMD, unfortunately, sat on it due to lack of R&D funds for RTG. I do agree with you though. I personally can't wait until 7nm drops as that's where I think we'll finally see some true competition between nVidia & AMD/RTG again. Vega isn't as bad as people like to make it out to be, especially @ pre-mining prices it was just too hyped by Raja/RTG and delivered too late.

That being said, my 290X has literally been the best videocard I've ever owned throughout my entire history of gaming/building PC's. Bought it launch day @ slightly under MSRP and even to this day it is still now slouch. My 780Ti on the other hand was sold off years ago due to it aging incredibly poorly especially when I started playing games like Arkham Knight, RotR etc etc.

Word is that Nvidia is implementing firmware within the card to prevent mining on the next series of cards.

Do you honestly believe that mining prevention at the software level is going to stop anything? If it's not implemented at the hardware level nothing will stop people from releasing modified BIOS to circumvent their efforts. Nvidia and AMD both sell shipping container loads of raw GPU chips to custom mining AIB manufacturers in China who also write their own BIOS. This isn't new, and it won't stop with the next generation of GPU's.

And lets be honest here. You think Nvidia wants to stop the gravy train their riding? What company in their right mind would be like "Hey, all these people are buying our products at breakneck speed. Let's figure out a way to keep people from buying our products".

Think about that.

Back