1156 Bracket for original AC Freezer 7 Pro?

Jerry_03

Weaksauce
First off, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but in either case:

I am going to be building a i5-750 rig next week. I ordered this Open Box AC Freezer 7 Pro from newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134R

As you can see it says its a AC Freezer 7 Pro REV.2 but i got the package today and its an original AC Freezer 7 Pro.

I've tried searching google and looking on the AC website but I cant find a straight answer, so thats why I'm posting this thread.

I want to know if the original AC Freezer 7 Pro can work on a 1156 socket mobo, specifically the MSI P55-CD53 .

If not, then is there a bracket I can buy that will make it fit with a s1156?

If not then, I'll have to decide what I'm gonna do with it. I'll probably return it for a refund and get the revision 2 model. If your wondering why i went with an open box item its cause i was being cheap and I guess this is what I deserve :rolleyes:

id make newegg take it back and ship the correct one.. because not only did you get shafted.. newegg got shafted by the person who originally bought that cooler and returned it..

I emailed Arctic Cooling and as I thought the original AC Freezer 7 Pro isnt compability with LGA1156. And there is no bracket available.

I also emailed newegg about getting the wrong item, but because it was an open box item, I can only get a refund. so I'm gonna RMA it and get another cooler.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Thought I should mention that Newegg sent me an email saying since the product is an open box item and was only $19, they refunded my $19 on my credit card and said I can keep the item since its not worth the time and effort for a RMA. So I basically got it for free.

This is reason why i like Newegg, their customer service is excellent in going the extra mile for its customers.

Aren't Freezer Pro 7 insufficient for i5?

yeah the original Freezer 7 Pro doesnt work with i5, only reivision 2 does. however i have a s776 rig that i can use the original Freezer 7 Pro on and ill use my $19 refund to pay in part for the Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 which is about $30 on Newegg.

Back