11.6 drivers available for download from AMD

The mouse cursor issue on the top right has been fixed for me.

Time to try some Witcher 2 now.

FLICKERING FIXED! In all games! Hallelujah jesus! Crysis 2 issues fixed. Crossfire now working 100% perfect everywhere...thank the lord. So happy right now. :D

FLICKERING FIXED! In all games! Hallelujah jesus! Crysis 2 issues fixed. Crossfire now working 100% perfect everywhere...thank the lord. So happy right now. :D

Holy crap! So, these drivers actually fixed it? So, you can now change your gamma from 1 and there still isn't flicker? How about performance increases? I'm still at work, so am unable to try right now.

Holy crap! So, these drivers actually fixed it? So, you can now change your gamma from 1 and there still isn't flicker? How about performance increases? I'm still at work, so am unable to try right now.

I haven't changed the gamma since installing, but I'm running with windows color correction done, and have no issues now.

Performance I haven't tried yet, about to load up BC2 and I'll let you know if I see a difference. I really wanted to try it with The Witcher 2 since that game was kicking my rigs ass, however I'm redownloading it as for some reason the game just died...trying to load a save game or start a new game just causes it to CTD

EDIT: Before I couldn't quite squeeze enough out of it to run 8xSSAA in BC2...now I can. 8XSSAA in BC2, at 2560x1600 and VSYNC on. Wow...I love it.

EDIT 2: Witcher 2 crossfire performance is significantly improved. Unfortunately the light bleeding through textures is still an issue.

Last edited:
Well looks like the top right corner mouse lag bug is fixed, but I still get lag on the bottom right corner, lol.

Maybe I'm just a very unlucky guy. From the very beginning (MONTHS ago!) when I posted the youtube video of it, I've had the problem on both the top and bottom corners. Now the top is fixed but I still have the problem on the bottom corner :(

Anyone else test this?

No mouse lag or anything for me. I'm one of the ones to have never even seen the problem. The one problem I had was after I finished downloading, my whole screen went black. It didn't crash, as I could still hear sound, but I couldn't see anything, so I just reset my system. Once I rebooted, everything was fine again. Very odd, but it seems like my frame rates are improved. Crysis 2 frame rates seem much better now and the flickering is indeed gone in that game.

Well looks like the top right corner mouse lag bug is fixed, but I still get lag on the bottom right corner, lol.

Maybe I'm just a very unlucky guy. From the very beginning (MONTHS ago!) when I posted the youtube video of it, I've had the problem on both the top and bottom corners. Now the top is fixed but I still have the problem on the bottom corner :(

Anyone else test this?

Nope, has been moved to the bottom right for me as well, just along the base of the system tray. Useless.

I'm jumping back over to Nvidia again once Kepler lands, the price premium is worth it just to get away from this crap.

Just tried Dirt 3 and BC2 with vsync in eyefinity, still checker boards like crazy so I guess the GPU usage mismatch is still there. Haven't had any cursor corruption yet so I guess that's something... but I won't be surprised if I see it again.

im getting mad flicker on my second monitor with these after i was perfectly happy with 10.4.. even have my clocks forced in the bios so memory doesnt change at idle etc..

what fixes it is going into CCC and enableing then disabling overdrive, but itll happen again after rebooting

This is the one that really bugs me.

Known issues: "High GPU speeds might be retained after exiting a 3D application."

OMG these drivers are working, My mouse lag is gone and Crysis 2 running in TRI-FIRE is smoking fast, Withcer 2 is running great. WOW a great set of drivers so far.

I'm scared to mess with a new CAP, this latest release fixed all of my issues, outside of light bleeding through textures in Witcher 2. Might just leave it be, happy where I'm at now.

These drivers are supposed to have "AMD Steady Video," but it's nowhere to be found in CCC. What's the deal?

I miss the days when it was ATI not AMD. Every single driver in 2011 has made my Asus G73JH notebook run like crap except for the 11-1's.

Think I'll buy a system with a Nvidia GPU next time.

I miss the days when it was ATI not AMD. Every single driver in 2011 has made my Asus G73JH notebook run like crap except for the 11-1's.

Think I'll buy a system with a Nvidia GPU next time.

I have a G73JH and the new drivers work great for me. Did you flash your vid card with the beta bios?

By beta bios you mean the Vbios that fixed the GSOD problem yes. I also flashed my system bios to the latest version as well, 2.12 i think.

All the drivers from 2010 run fine, its just these new ones here in 2011 I'm having issues with. I run any game and it runs like crap, load up the 10.12's I have no issues.

I have a G73JH and the new drivers work great for me. Did you flash your vid card with the beta bios?

Just installed 11.6 & it seems OK so far. I was using 11.5 with no hotfixes & had an issue with my rat7.

11.6 caused all my games to run slowly. Not low fps but slow game. Was living in a strange slug world. Back to 11.2 problems fixed.

11.6 caused BF:BC2 to crash after a short period of time- reverting to 11.5 fixed the issue (first thing I tried). HD6950 2GB Crossfire stock on an ASRock Z68 Extreme4, 2500k stock (still testing, hits 5.0 with juice). This was with the 11.6 cap installed.

I can't seem to use presets. I am unable to setup a Single Monitor and Eyefinity preset, selecting my custom made presets does nothing.

installed 11.6, and lost over 50% performance in bc2. went from 70ish fps max everything @ 2560x1440 to 30 on my CFX 6950s!!!

going to try to roll back to 11.5, but i have a feeling that i may have an OS re-installing coming my way :mad:

rolled back to 11.5b and still have the same issue. it looks like it is related to MLAA, i had this setting enabled since i bought my 6950's. for whatever reason enabling it now tanks my FPS in bc2, not sure how this is possible from going to 11.6. i ran a driver sweeper and fresh driver install of 11.5b and MLAA is still tanking my fps. :confused:

Back