11.4 Coming out shortly?

Omegas

[H]F Junkie
I just tried to DL'd the 11.4 preview drivers from amd and the link now goes to a 404error page. Does this mean we might be getting the full blown 11.4 shortly?

I just tried to DL'd the 11.4 preview drivers from amd and the link now goes to a 404error page. Does this mean we might be getting the full blown 11.4 shortly?

The link for dl is working now.

fnc.png

Last edited:
hmm.. Tried from a few dif computers again and still not working...

I did find them on another site (can't remember which) so gottem just hope they didn't come along with any friends. :(

Odd. I'm using the early 11.4 preview with the bundled CAP and according to that screenshot above I'm on a later rev than the one's currently downloading.

8.840.3.0 vs

gpuz.gif

:confused:

Yeah there were two released Revs of the 11.4 beta drivers.

Just found it odd that an earlier released preview actually has a higher rev. level than the latter. I just reinstalled and I'm currently trying the early 11.4 above with the newest 11.3/3 CAP. No problems so far but I just installed today. I was having some infrequent crashes and video glitches and I'm wondering if it was the driver or CAP.. guess I'll find out soon enough. :eek:

"Just an FYI Catalyst 11.4 will be going live tomorrow, and we should have a new CAP as well (posted separately)" -- http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/62984751069409280

"Fixes the 99% GPU issue, new OpenCL performance driver, Linux driver will be available as well - 3D performance is same" -- http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/62987288824651776

Stoked about the Linux driver. Hopefully it fixes the issues I've been having with my fusion setup. Tried the offical amd drivers and the community version and they're both having issues with GPU accel in Ubuntu 10.10.

The 11.4 WHQL are the same drivers as the April 5 betas(8.841.0.0) The only difference is that they are signed by Microsoft.

Performance Enhancements
A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:

Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.

Do these include the new Eyefinity configuration tab that was seen in the 11.4 previews?

Preview worked fine for me, the 11.4 final wont install the driver for the life of it no matter what i do.
Installs all ati crap besides the driver then claims CC does not work with current driver while stuck in vga mode.

Anybody else having same issues?

Ok finally got it installed, the full download would not even install the driver and a bunch of other iti stuff like codecs etc (as if it did not detect my card at all). Decided to try Catalyst Software Suite with APP removed (64 bit) and that worked fine yet it installed the app too... heh

The official amd preview page somehow got reverted to point at the older preview, which is was gone. I found the proper preview link on another website. But yeah now it's all a moot point.

Back