10th Gen CPU's - Shortage or Demand causing almost instant sell outs?

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been trying to acquire a 10600K CPU for a while now, but as many have also found it's proving difficult to acquire one for MSRP, and not some jacked up price from a third party reseller, that being if anyone has any stock to begin with.

This afternoon I just randomly refreshed a Newegg 10600k browser tab that I had left open from this morning. And, bam! It was in stock. I couldn't click fast enough through the purchase menu's and got the order confirmed. Well about a minute later I refreshed the Newegg 10600k page out of curiosity and it was "Out of stock" again... really...? That fast!? About 30 seconds later I refreshed again, this time it was in stock from a 3rd party reseller, selling for $100 above MSRP. At least I was able to snag one for MSRP :)

So what's the deal? Are they really selling out that fast? And is it a manufacturing shortage or just a huge demand for the 10th gen chips? Or are they selling out to 3rd party resellers and being reposted almost immediately?

Last edited:
I've been trying to acquire a 10600K CPU for a while now, but as many have also found it's proving difficult to acquire one for MSRP, and not some jacked up price from a third party reseller, that being if anyone has any stock to begin with.

This afternoon I just randomly refreshed a Newegg 10600k browser tab that I had left open from this morning. And, bam! It was in stock. I couldn't click fast enough through the purchase menu's and got the order confirmed. Well about a minute later I refreshed the Newegg 10600k page out of curiosity and it was "Out of stock" again... really...? That fast!? About 30 seconds later I refreshed again, this time it was in stock from a 3rd party reseller, selling for $100 above MSRP. Well at least I one one for MSRP :)

So what's the deal? Are they really selling out that fast? And is it a manufacturing shortage or just a huge demand for the 10th gen chips? Or are they selling out to 3rd party resellers and being reposted almost immediately?
It's a supply issue first and foremost, but with covid messing with supply chains, it's making it worse.

There hasn't been any 10th gen Intel CPUs on the Amazon top 10 list for quite some time.

The 10600k has just 12 reviews - just edging out the 3600xt's 10 o_O

I don't know what MSRP is, but microcenter has had i5-10600ks in for weeks....

1596853815411.png

1596853838647.png

Maybe they don't sell because MC also sells the i7-10700 for $289.99 ...?

Ryzen 3 3300x on the other hand....

Back