10th Annual BOINC Pentathlon hosted by SETI.Germany

So, will be interesting what bunkering tactics everyone uses... most will probably focus on YoYo and/or NFS as the Marathon has plenty of time to catch up.

"Last Test Before Pentathlon" Uhm, SG's site is now asking for my username and password.....

EDIT: Whew, back to normal

Last edited:
Yeah...they had a shoutbox post saying it would require password until they were done redoing the stats page.

negative stats on SG; should be fixed in the next hours as it seems WCG send wrong data.

Update: seems fixed with last update

Last edited:
Yoyo city run as of 10pm update. Very crowded field for 3rd to 6th placing.

Less than 19 hours to the finishing line....and we need to sprint, not city run, lol.
upload_2019-5-9_22-23-43.png

A 24 hour Yoyo Sprint isn't going to cut it for TAAT, with tasks lasting 6-18 hours. Fudge Fairies! Will we even keep our 'new' 4th place? doubt it....Probably gonna lose that to those guys over at [H].... :)

Hmmmmmm. We kept 4th over at 7AA7. Nice start on Einstein.......but can you improve upon that? EDIT: These are not the droids you are looking for......IMPROVE UPON THAT!!!!

I wonder if [H] can keep silver and TAAT sneak up and take Bronze in Einstein? There is only one way to find out!

P3D, you listening? Check your six!

I wonder if [H] can keep silver and TAAT sneak up and take Bronze in Einstein? There is only one way to find out!

P3D, you listening? Check your six!
More like us dropping to 4th and getting passed by both you guys lol.

Yeah.....I've checked my math on that (TAAT) moving up in rank thing, and uh, we might take 7th from LAF. :oops:

You guys look safe for Bronze though!

I can see the fat lady. She isn't singing yet, but she is getting warmed up.

One heck of a roller coaster ride the last 36 hours or so! And I can see some more loops on this track coming up...pull that retaining bar tight and hang on! (and please don't barf on those behind you!) :D

That was fun! Well done to the team on 4th, the highest ever placement together with winning [H]'s first event medal to boot.

Congrats to TSBT and friends for the organisational and tactical prowess they brought to the party. A clean sweep. Again!

And finally, kudos to SG for hosting the Pent with their usual consummate professionalism.

It is not a shared 3rd. They have rules for determining a tie breaker. Since they beat us in score in more events, they win the spot. We got 4th.

The Pentathlon is certainly very stressful for many. The more gear you bring the more stressful it becomes. I find it best to ignore the shoutbox as some take it too far. This year we even saw an individual start using racial stereotyping while trying to insult others. I believe the comment was making fun of how someone was typing (sounding) and said they were sounding like a black person whining or something along those lines. It is sad and discraceful. Since nobody really knows whom is posting due to how easy you can change your handle in the shoutbox, one could argue it wasn't them. I don't care who it was but the fact someone thought it was ok to do. It shows how low people are getting in these events. It caused us to lose one of our own because he now feels it is too toxic of an environment to be in. Then you have all the hate towards miners constantly being tossed out there. It is sad how few people realize that their team comprises of miners of various sizes. I recall EVGA getting attacks back in our folding days about being paid EVGA bucks to contribute to their team. Some of the people on that team complain about miners in BOINC as if it is any different. It just sickens me to read that crap all the time. H used to share its wisdom in the open. We now horde a lot of it to get the edge. I for one think we need to leave the hidden forum and the closed Discord/Slack channels to only Challenge discussions while they occur and bring back the general stuff into the open.

Back