10TB WD Easystore and Elements External Hard Drives $159

Stupid Question> Can these be shucked?
Unshucked, will these work on an XBONE?

Also, for what it's worth: Bestbuy 159.99 price shows up on google express for me. With the APPSAVE15 you can save 15% up to $20 max, so that would make these $140+tax! Must order on APP to get the discount.

Also, for what it's worth: Bestbuy 159.99 price shows up on google express for me. With the APPSAVE15 you can save 15% up to $20 max, so that would make these $140+tax! Must order on APP to get the discount.
yes they all can be shucked. if i'm not mistaken they're all white label drives now though. not sure about working on an xbox though but might be able to find that information in the other 2 long threads some where in this sub forum.

If the xbox needs a single mbr volume, I believe it is possible. You can change the sector size being reported from 512 to 4k via a tool from wdc which should allow up to a 16tb volume (if I'm remembering all this right). The xbox will need to recognize 4k sectors though or this won't work.

just picked up 2 more, all white label 10TB WD100EMAZ drives.

its a STEAL!

Hard to believe it was roughly a year ago we paid this much for an 8TB drive. I'm hoping by the time I run out of space, there will be 16TB drives...then I'll slowly retire the 8TB drives, dban and sell or give to charity. Guessing that's 3 years away, assuming they still make NAS capable drives at a reasonable price.

Hard to believe it was roughly a year ago we paid this much for an 8TB drive. I'm hoping by the time I run out of space, there will be 16TB drives...then I'll slowly retire the 8TB drives, dban and sell or give to charity. Guessing that's 3 years away, assuming they still make NAS capable drives at a reasonable price.

I'm taking the 4 that I have for a FreeNAS RAIDZ2 home server linked to BackBlaze backup. 20TB storage should last me a while before they're obsolete.

I'm taking the 4 that I have for a FreeNAS RAIDZ2 home server linked to BackBlaze backup. 20TB storage should last me a while before they're obsolete.
I've got 27TB right now with about 15TB free and I have a spare 8TB. Most of it is just rips of my Blu Rays and 4K disks (I don't compress, so they take up a lot of space), so I'm not to bothered with backing up (never mind that it would take over a year to backup with Comcast's crappy upload speeds and 1TB monthly cap...though with a fast upstream, I could just go over one month by 15 TB. I have mostly backed up my 4K disks to an external drive, and those, so far, fit on a 4TB drive. Fortunately I have another 4TB drive to backup disk images to once the current one fills up.

I saw the promo code SEPTSAVE19 show up for me. No app needed, ordered straight through Chrome and it came out to around $156 total on my end.

I'm going to try building a FreeNAS setup with the 3 of these I just bought. Thanks for posting

Have you thought of building UNRAID?

I went from FreeNAS to UNRAID, it’s legit as hell. Mix hard drives and tons of 3rd party app stores in it.
I'm going to try my hand at FreeNAS first, if anything it could teach me more about ZFS which would help at work. If I'm hopelessly lost I'll check out Unraid.

FYI, 12TB Easystore is available now for $280. I'm expecting it to be <$200 when the holiday sales arrive.

Have you thought of building UNRAID?

I went from FreeNAS to UNRAID, it’s legit as hell. Mix hard drives and tons of 3rd party app stores in it.

I approve of this message. Moved from FreeNAS to UnRaid a couple years ago and never looked back. UnRaid is well worth the meager cost.

Back