10bit panel, 120hz, led backlight: Info

I hope you are made of bling, because it is going to take a lot to buy such a monitor.

I don't see any mentioning of 10 bit monitors on your article. That would actually make wide gamut a must have feature. My guess is not till 2008 and its going to cost serious bank.

The 100-120mhz because it matters to gamers and movie watchers will go mainstream quick with a small bump in price.

It would be nice to a see a real performance leap in 07, I am just thinking they are going to milk the hype of 92% gamut with 8 bit panels until next year. Dell just released a new version of its 2407, its not like they are going to turn around and revise that before next year. But we can dream right.;)

There will be a 26 inch wide LED back lit with a 12 bit LUT out around the beginning of 2008. Not sure if it will be 120 hrz though.

There will be a 26 inch wide LED back lit with a 12 bit LUT out around the beginning of 2008. Not sure if it will be 120 hrz though.

Thanks a lot.
Samsung will also launch a 24" with LED backlight at the beginning of 2008.
I'm pretty sure it will have HDMI 1.3 and 10bit panel.

travbomb any news on the NEC 24WMGX2/3 or an IPS based gaming LCD?

Stop filling my head with dreams.:D Are you talking 12 bit color or just 12 bit gamma correction like the NEC/Lacie? I thought I read that the 120hrz units were not going to be true 120hrz but instead that it would be used for black frame insertion?

Stop filling my head with dreams.:D Are you talking 12 bit color or just 12 bit gamma correction like the NEC/Lacie? I thought I read that the 120hrz units were not going to be true 120hrz but instead that it would be used for black frame insertion?

Its a 12 bit LUT like the NEC and Lacie but with the LED backlit will be able to cover more color too.

As for a 24 inch gaming S-IPS, I doubt it. No retailer is willing to shelve something that costs that much money so no one is going to make one.

Tell your bosses at NEC to make a 24" IPS without all the extra color correction stuff in the 2490. Gamers don't need that stuff but lots of people still like IPS.

If you want the best in a LCD with that kind of response you have to go with Toshiba

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889253089

This LCD runs like 330hz@1366x768 (12 bit). Granted the rez is a bit on the low side, but as long as you sit a few feet from it you will be fine. Probably the best lcd for PC/gaming/movie stuff. The rez is pretty common so all PC games (or xbox ect)@1024x768 will look true with min bars on the sides. 1366x768 will give you a nice wide screen look if the game supports it. Also something to consider, since the rez in lower you will get very nice smooth FPS in games and will not need 2 8800GTXs just to get BF2 to run at 25fps, lol.

Untill next year this is really all you have. At 26 inches it should fit your 24inch craving, infact@1024x768 should net you about 24inches.

Does anyone of you have information about these technologies and related product?
I'm looking for a 24"size monitor, with 10bit panel, led backlight and 120hz refresh rate.
May be i have to wait at least 6 months....

Here is an interesting article: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/coming_2007.htm

Actually Sony showed at NAB a 10bit, LED backlite LCD display aimed at replacing the venerable BVM series of CRT monitors. It was quite impressive. I do not recal about 120hz. Price - $25,000.

Back