10980XE vs 3950X Benchmarks | Test Review | Gaming | 15 Tests

erek

[H]F Junkie
Intel i9-10980XE vs Ryzen 9 3950X BENCHMARK

Last edited:
So 4 additional threads to be ahead in "selected" productivity benches but lose pretty much all gaming benchmarks at all resolution tested ? That's called Slaughtering ? And for the same price I bet ? [lol]
Anyway I'll wait for real reviews before I make my opinion.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Yeah, this doesn't even look like OP actually watched the video before coming up with that title. The only sensible conclusion I arrived at after skimming through the slides was that I should definitely stick to my original plan of getting a 3950X.

GJ

Reactions: erek
like this
Seems like a toss up for gaming, for productivity it's not too surprising the 10980XE is ahead, but it's also 30% more expensive (remains to be seen what they retail at, but just going by the MSRP prices). Mobos are generally more expensive on X299 as well.

Seems like a toss up for gaming, for productivity it's not too surprising the 10980XE is ahead, but it's also 30% more expensive (remains to be seen what they retail at, but just going by the MSRP prices). Mobos are generally more expensive on X299 as well.

It’s kind of weird (but I get it) that we are comparing a consumer socket to HEDT.

While I am skeptical of this video review - at least it’s in the realm of expectations. Not like that other review/thread where a 3900x was on par with a 10980XE and no one saw an issue with that....

It’s kind of weird (but I get it) that we are comparing a consumer socket to HEDT.

While I am skeptical of this video review - at least it’s in the realm of expectations. Not like that other review/thread where a 3900x was on par with a 10980XE and no one saw an issue with that....

the video definitely seems dubious

the video definitely seems dubious

I agree, I've only heard that the release dates don't really exist and both AMD and Intel are waiting for each other or Intel is waiting for AMD to have enough stock to meet reasonable amount of the total demand.

If, in the thin realm that this video is actually legitimate - this is a top end consumer chip competing with the top end HEDT chip from Intel. While their MSRP prices only about $250 (before market effects on supply and demand) it's not a good sign for Intel if their top of the HEDT is trading blows with AMD's top non-HEDT CPU. This video feels fanboyish though.

I agree, I've only heard that the release dates don't really exist and both AMD and Intel are waiting for each other or Intel is waiting for AMD to have enough stock to meet reasonable amount of the total demand.

If, in the thin realm that this video is actually legitimate - this is a top end consumer chip competing with the top end HEDT chip from Intel. While their MSRP prices only about $250 (before market effects on supply and demand) it's not a good sign for Intel if their top of the HEDT is trading blows with AMD's top non-HEDT CPU. This video feels fanboyish though.

Intel still has 14nm shortages and AMD probably doesn't get enough chiplets with cores that hit the boost clocks they need to build very many 3900X's much less 3950X's.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back