1090t w/ M4A89GTD-Pro USB3 .. stuckish @ 900 mhz

Banditfromhell

Limp Gawd
So i got this incredible deal on a X6 with the M4a89GTD-PRO usb3. I haven't done much with AMD in some time (since barton days). I installed win7. Got drivers from asus. Installed everything. Launch coretemp to watch temps and launch intel burn test v2. after 10 runs I was about 38C. I was thinking that seems way to low. So I launch Tmonitor and then see that during the intel burn test the cores are clocked @ 800mhz. So I went into bios disabled C1E and CnQ. Any other feature that was a 'power saver' I disabled. Reran Tmonitor w/ IBT .. Same thing. So thinking IBT isn't working properly I launched Prime 95. Launched one instance I saw a bump from 800 mhz to 1200 (aprx) ... launched 2 instances of prime95 (got it upto 2500). I haven't overclocked nor plan to. Am I mising a driver or a simple setting?

First make sure you have the latest bios for the motherboard. If you do then I woudl do a system default reset in the bios.

When you first turn on your computer, what speed does it show when it is going through the bios tests. If it is not showing the correct speed then we have a problem with the bios. If it is showing correctly then check your power setting in window 7

Back