10900K Back In Stock @ Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10600k is in stock at ~$285, and the 10700k can be had at $410 if you play their backorder games.

Of course, the underrated hero of the entire Comet Lake lineup, the 10700 has been available all along at $335. Basically trade 200Mhz for $75 in your pocket over the 10700k with a little turbo boost/BCLK trickery, all while consuming some 65W less than the 10700k at load.

I think the 10700 is stacked up pretty well against the 3800X. I don't overclock my CPUs anymore and the power savings are nominal so I might be going this route. My 4790k is feeling pretty long in the tooth and it's nice to see some compelling arguments for upgrading again. I'm glad AMD is pushing intel to be more competitive... but I still have mixed feelings about going back to AMD after so many builds (going back to the K6 days) with stability issues. Never experienced those issue with Intel.

I keep thinking about it and whenever I get the notification about back in stock i say nah not worth it. They come in and out of now almost everyday. I think silicon lottery also has binned ones.

I think the 10700 is stacked up pretty well against the 3800X. I don't overclock my CPUs anymore and the power savings are nominal so I might be going this route. My 4790k is feeling pretty long in the tooth and it's nice to see some compelling arguments for upgrading again. I'm glad AMD is pushing intel to be more competitive... but I still have mixed feelings about going back to AMD after so many builds (going back to the K6 days) with stability issues. Never experienced those issue with Intel.

Pretty much every day while I multi task at work, I look at a 10700 at Amazon and want to play around with one, but at the same time the $ vs staying on AM4 stops me every time.

Pretty much every day while I multi task at work, I look at a 10700 at Amazon and want to play around with one, but at the same time the $ vs staying on AM4 stops me every time.

I agree. I needed a whole system, and I wanted to try something different. If I had an AM4 board already, I would have not bought one and gotten the 3700x/3800x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back