1080Ti Pre-Order Tax - No free games

Where did this information come from? I haven't redeemed my codes yet since I cant install my 2 cards until sunday but I've never heard of something like this before. I bought two cards I got two codes dropped 1400+ I (we who bought 2) should get 2 games. One for each. Anything less is bullshit.

I just tried it today. First code, worked fine and I got Ghost Recon. Second code, throws this message:

aiD41ewJ.png

Last edited:
I could have sworn I read this somewhere here so I'm just thinking out loud. Would you be able to install one GPU, redeem one game, remove that card. Then install the second card and redeem the other game? Or is it locking the promo to your account as well?

Edit. Someone made a thread about it. I knew I was not totally insane lol. Good luck!

Just got mine too, trying to decide what to grab. Neither is a game I'd buy intentionally.

Just got mine too, trying to decide what to grab. Neither is a game I'd buy intentionally.

I finally got mine too after emailing customer service. Neither are games I really want either, but they come with the card so whatever.

Both of these games are Ubisoft games. Not having luck with the last one being playable I am reluctant to even try a download of either of these.

Can someone point me into the right direction here? I bought my 1080TI from Frys (store pickup) and didn't get a voucher for the free game. I registered the card on MSI and they gave me a code but it turns out, it was just a season pass. Did Frys screw up and not give me the voucher or was MSI suppose to give it to me?

Can someone point me into the right direction here? I bought my 1080TI from Frys (store pickup) and didn't get a voucher for the free game. I registered the card on MSI and they gave me a code but it turns out, it was just a season pass. Did Frys screw up and not give me the voucher or was MSI suppose to give it to me?

Same thing happened to me. Bought a 1080ti on launch morning, contacted EVGA, nVidia, etc they refereed me back to Fry's. Fry's hadn't yet got the codes so had to wait a day or two. Guy at the computer counter had a sheet full of codes so they just hand them out, wrote it on a piece of paper. Luckily it worked but have heard of others that when they go redeem states that it's already been redeemed, necessitating another trip down there....

So yeah just take your receipt or credit card you used down there and ask for your code, good luck!

Back