1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

My FE was also doing the same clocks. 2050/12100. But at 84 C and sounding like a hurricane.

Effort wasted was on the MSI gaming X. Should have bought Strix in the first place. Now absolute silence. Decent temps and clocks. I can do 2076 but not keeping it there for now.

So, out of all the currently available cards, what is the card to buy right now? Asus Strix, EVGA SC, Gigabyte AORUS Gaming?

So, out of all the currently available cards, what is the card to buy right now? Asus Strix, EVGA SC, Gigabyte AORUS Gaming?
I've got an FTW 3 on order from B&H Photo Video but I'm tempted to just go with an asus strix or msi gaming x with the delays on those

I've got an FTW 3 on order from B&H Photo Video but I'm tempted to just go with an asus strix or msi gaming x with the delays on those

Yeah, I am not wating for the FTW3. I had not really considered the MSI card. Right now I am leaning toward the Strix Gaming OC or EVGA SC Black.

My FE was also doing the same clocks. 2050/12100. But at 84 C and sounding like a hurricane.

Effort wasted was on the MSI gaming X. Should have bought Strix in the first place. Now absolute silence. Decent temps and clocks. I can do 2076 but not keeping it there for now.

So I took your advice and went with the STRIX, I didn't get the OC version. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch because it has very noticeable coil whine and doing the 3D mark stress test, I can't seem to get over 2020 mhz on core, and 11800 on memory. I'm thinking I should return for another STRIX.... my FE definitely clocked higher but was LOUD... but no noticeable coil whine.

What PSU are you running? I have no coil whine on my STRIX. As for clocks, to be honest, it is all a lottery. I got unlucky with MSI Gaming X but got lucky with STRIX. Others have reported completely different results. I would say if you can do 2000 or higher on the core, it is good enough. But coil whine needs RMA.

Yeah, I am not wating for the FTW3. I had not really considered the MSI card. Right now I am leaning toward the Strix Gaming OC or EVGA SC Black.

I have the EVGA SC Black and I absolutely love it. Love the design, look, build quality (I posted some pictures on the previous page) and I am getting 2050 on the core easy (YMMV) while never going above 68c at around 50% fan. Can't even hear it running.

Well, dang. Your FE was running about 10c warmer than mine. Not saying mine never has, but I don't think I've seen it go above ~73-74c. I've set the fans to top out at 70% too. Not loud at all, to me anyway, the "omgzerrs loud" comments seem a little dramatic to me. I think my case plays a huge role in my GPU, I still haven't come across anything that moves more air and/or does it with no noise. I'd have gotten a custom card had they been available, but they weren't and I wasn't waiting. My SLI 780's became too much of a pain in the rear.

It depends on what features you want and how you want it to look. All AIB 1080Tis overclock about the same. Some have RGB and some don't. Some have extra temp sensors, dual bios, slightly beefier cooling, etc.

All of them are good except for the Founder's Edition, which runs too hot, is too loud, and doesn't support older 120Hz monitors that only have dvi dual-link (like mine).
I just stepped-up to an EVGA 1080Ti SC Black today.

Back