1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

I was also able to grab an Asus strix oc model yesterday. Too bad evga didn't ship their ftw3 models. I really wanted one of those but I've been without a card for too long since I had to RMA the other one.

Yup stock is plenty today. Was able to score an ASUS 1080 Ti Strix as well.
I was also able to grab an Asus strix oc model yesterday. Too bad evga didn't ship their ftw3 models. I really wanted one of those but I've been without a card for too long since I had to RMA the other one.

I was going to get the Gigabyte Aorus myself tomorrow. Is there an advantage to the Asus?

I was going to get the Gigabyte Aorus myself tomorrow. Is there an advantage to the Asus?

I had the gigabyte xtreme and had to send it back. It was not stable even on stock clocks. Heaven and bf1 would crash minutes in. I tried everything including a clean install of Windows.

Any attempt to even overclock the card to the stated "OC" mode clocks would result in the same behaviour.

I'm sure I had a bad one and it can happen I suppose but I decided to buy a different brand this time. When my RMA arrived at Newegg the gigabyte was on back order so they refunded me.

I had the gigabyte xtreme and had to send it back. It was not stable even on stock clocks. Heaven and bf1 would crash minutes in. I tried everything including a clean install of Windows.

Any attempt to even overclock the card to the stated "OC" mode clocks would result in the same behaviour.

I'm sure I had a bad one and it can happen I suppose but I decided to buy a different brand this time. When my RMA arrived at Newegg the gigabyte was on back order so they refunded me.

Well I am getting the non-extreme AORUS in the mail tomorrow and hopefully I have better luck with it. Never ordered Gigabyte myself have only had Zotac and EVGA.

Well I am getting the non-extreme AORUS in the mail tomorrow and hopefully I have better luck with it. Never ordered Gigabyte myself have only had Zotac and EVGA.

My 1070 was an EVGA and it was a very nice card. I would have loved to have the FTW3 1080ti but I didn't want to wait 2 more weeks after being without a gpu for a while. Hopefully your card is fine.

My 1070 was an EVGA and it was a very nice card. I would have loved to have the FTW3 1080ti but I didn't want to wait 2 more weeks after being without a gpu for a while. Hopefully your card is fine.

I pre-ordered a FTW3 1080ti from B&H photo but I agree, I wish they had released their top tier cards at the same time that everyone else did. I can't help but think that they lost out on quite a few sales because people didn't want to wait.

Think I'll keep my card even though the fan is noisy when it ramps up I don't want to sell it for like a 50.00 lose or more on ebay after fees it would be a extra 60.00 or more for selling it.

I pre-ordered a FTW3 1080ti from B&H photo but I agree, I wish they had released their top tier cards at the same time that everyone else did. I can't help but think that they lost out on quite a few sales because people didn't want to wait.

Yea they did, I would have definitely bought a FTW3, their cards show quality.

EVGA has dropped the ball getting the FTW3 preorders shipped on time.

Wish I could say that I was surprised, but I'm not.

EVGA has dropped the ball getting the FTW3 preorders shipped on time.

Wish I could say that I was surprised, but I'm not.
If their SC2 launch is anything like the FTW3, i had to wait a week after my estimated ship date.

Just received my evga 1080ti sc2, this is a nice card quiet and cool was worth the wait
Got my Black Edition today from Newegg. Really happy with it. Build quality is very premium feeling.

Looking at the specs they look exactly the same. Why is yours $30 more? Love the look of the Black Edition a lot more.

Edit: Looks like the SC2 has 9 thermal sensors and RGB lighting to justify the cost difference. What advantage does the 9 thermal sensors give you? More accurate throttling control?

Edit #2: it looks like all the cards except the founders edition has The ICX thermal sensors so the only real difference between the black addition and the SC2 is the RGB lighting they can be changed.

Last edited:
Got my Black Edition today from Newegg. Really happy with it. Build quality is very premium feeling.

Looking at the specs they look exactly the same. Why is yours $30 more? Love the look of the Black Edition a lot more.

Edit: Looks like the SC2 has 9 thermal sensors and RGB lighting to justify the cost difference. What advantage does the 9 thermal sensors give you? More accurate throttling control?

Edit #2: it looks like all the cards except the founders edition has The ICX thermal sensors so the only real difference between the black addition and the SC2 is the RGB lighting they can be changed.

Does the plastic black frame with the air vents feel cheap? I wish they made the vents on the ones with 2 fans symmetrical as the FTW3 version.

Last edited:
Even though I already have my Strix, I want to see more! Anyone with pics of their EVGA cards?

Does the plastic black frame with the air vents feel cheap? I wish they made the vents on the ones with 2 fans symmetrical as the FTW3 version.

Absolutely not. It is very solid and it is most definitely not plastic. The entire housing around the fans (if that's what you're referring to) feels like brushed aluminum. It's awesome.

Even though I already have my Strix, I want to see more! Anyone with pics of their EVGA cards?

I'd be happy to oblige. I fucked up my motherboard yesterday and just got this guy in the mail and haven't installed it yet until my motherboard comes in today.

If you look closely at the texture of the metal around the fans it feels in the hands like it's brushed metal. The whole card feels incredibly solid. The only plastic on it is the logo text on the side in the first picture.

CTdCo5V.jpg

ZV1dokz.jpg

TGmfe38.jpg

mZDFh2o.jpg

I'd be happy to oblige. I fucked up my motherboard yesterday and just got this guy in the mail and haven't installed it yet until my motherboard comes in today.

If you look closely at the texture of the metal around the fans it feels in the hands like it's brushed metal. The whole card feels incredibly solid. The only plastic on it is the logo text on the side in the first picture.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I also thought that the shroud was plastic. I guess they shaved a lot of weight by creating this honey comb design with metal.

Zotac AMP. Not too flashy but not a bad looking card. I might aim a laser led at it to give it some more visual pop.

IMG_8501.JPG

Anyone got the FTW3 yet? Is the cooling any better than the crap (ACX coolers) EVGA has been putting out since 680s?

CTdCo5V.jpg

Wow they finally got away from using those cheap plastic clam shells boxes for packaging.

Anyone got the FTW3 yet? Is the cooling any better than the crap (ACX coolers) EVGA has been putting out since 680s?

Seriously?

There are a few reviews out already. The FTW3 is overbuilt in the extreme and runs excessively cool (~60c under load).

ACX was introduced with the 780, not 680. V1-3 all had different cooler designs and EVGA doesn't even use ACX anymore, it's ICX now. If you're going to crap on a product at least have some knowledge about it.

I just might step-up to the FTW3 if they ever add it to the list (unlikely). All they have on there is the Founder's Edition 1080ti.

Id poasably jump from my 2 evga 1080 classifieds to a single ftw3 card if i had the chance!

Id do it just so i wont need to water cool the cards anymore as 2 cooks.. why i had to water cool.

"Not too flashy" Yet, entire interior of the case looks like a rave. lmao

lol ... I spent a lot of time in night clubs in the 90s. I guess my point of that was the card isn't as flashy as the rest. ;) (I am seriously eyeballing the FTW3 just for the lighting on it ;))

lol ... I spent a lot of time in night clubs in the 90s. I guess my point of that was the card isn't as flashy as the rest. ;) (I am seriously eyeballing the FTW3 just for the lighting on it ;))

Yeah pointing a led at ea fan may spice that up a bit.

I need to stop looking at tear down videos for the EVGA FTW3 card, and this thread in general. I have no use for a 1080ti, but the over-engineering beckons me for whatever reason...

I've watched/read a few reviews but I'm still not certain out of all the custom cards are the best in terms of noise/temperatures... is FTW3 better than Gaming X or the Zotac Amp Extreme for noise/temps? I think GamingX has the best for noise, but I'm not sure about the temps..

Gaming X vs. my STRIX. I think STRIX is better in terms of noise. Temperatures for sure STRIX is better as I can run it at 2050/12100 at 68 C max temps with 42% fan speed (which is on default). Gaming X at 1949 I had to run at 65% fan speed and it ran at 72 C.

I sold the Gaming X since it was a POS.

Gaming X vs. my STRIX. I think STRIX is better in terms of noise. Temperatures for sure STRIX is better as I can run it at 2050/12100 at 68 C max temps with 42% fan speed (which is on default). Gaming X at 1949 I had to run at 65% fan speed and it ran at 72 C.

What core and mem are you running at for the STRIX?

Congrats! All that effort and you've just matched the core speed of my FE! :p

Back