1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

1080 TI STRIX has been in stock at NEWEGG all morning. I have a 1070 STRIX and it's a real nice card but ASUS software is terrible. Ended up using speedfan which works well but negates the 2 integrated fan headers. I suspect it will be the same with the 1080 TI.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126186
$10 shipping but still cheaper than paying tax.

I'm using an old version of afterburner to control the 1080 ti strix fan and power level. I don't like that the strix takes up three slots, but other than that I like it so far.

Picked up one up with Prime delivery on Friday. Can't wait. :D Month earlier than i was realistically preparing myself for, availability wise.

Yeah I didn't think amazon would get any in stock. That's great news because now everyone that wants a strix should be able to get one.. I had my doubts with how fast it's been going out of stock.

Amazon was showing MSI Gaming X being available on April 26th this morning, so I went ahead and put in an order. We'll see how that goes.

Picked up one up with Prime delivery on Friday. Can't wait. :D Month earlier than i was realistically preparing myself for, availability wise.

I got an email today with an updated estimate on delivery. They said the 20th so hopefully yours will arrive ahead of schedule too!

I got an email today with an updated estimate on delivery. They said the 20th so hopefully yours will arrive ahead of schedule too!
i jacked up my order trying to change payment method on phone app and accidentally cancelled it. now im looking at apr 26th, oh well, still sooner than i was hoping. Hope you get yours soon!

i jacked up my order trying to change payment method on phone app and accidentally cancelled it. now im looking at apr 26th, oh well, still sooner than i was hoping. Hope you get yours soon!

Oh dude sorry to hear! May lady luck bestow upon us our beefy new graphics card!

FedEx is retarded. They could have delivered my MSI Gaming X yesterday but no, they need one additional day because they are jacking off all Monday. :mad:
Anyways, let's see. If card gets delivered today in NY then maybe by Saturday I will have it here in UAE.

FedEx is retarded. They could have delivered my MSI Gaming X yesterday but no, they need one additional day because they are jacking off all Monday. :mad:
Anyways, let's see. If card gets delivered today in NY then maybe by Saturday I will have it here in UAE.

I've noticed FedEx likes to do this. They deliver on the estimate and not a day before. I always go with UPS for this reason.

Installed my MSI Gaming X this morning WAY better than the FE I had (just returned today). Unsure if it was a bug, bad design or card but I was sitting there a few days ago with NO OC and the FE ramped up to 91-92C and insane fan speeds!

I tweaked the MSI so that it maxes out at about 72C and still quieter!

I've noticed FedEx likes to do this. They deliver on the estimate and not a day before. I always go with UPS for this reason.

FedEx still says I haven't picked it up! I did ship to store I took a chance even though it "wasn't available for pickup yet" went there and they had it.

Installed my MSI Gaming X this morning WAY better than the FE I had (just returned today). Unsure if it was a bug, bad design or card but I was sitting there a few days ago with NO OC and the FE ramped up to 91-92C and insane fan speeds!

Definitely a bad one.

What FE did you have?

I wonder who makes the Nvidia ones? If Nvidia makes them themselves or if someone else makes them?

Card arrived in US of A. Now to wait for it to be shipped to UAE. I really wish newegg would offer international shipping like Amazon.

Welp, I guess I have to rethink my plan to get the MSi Sea Hawk EK since they've removed any trace of that card now. Back to buying a waterblock and building my own.

What FE did you have?

I wonder who makes the Nvidia ones? If Nvidia makes them themselves or if someone else makes them?

EVGA. I think Nvidia has a few makers (I believe Foxconn is one).

I've not seen the Gaming X ever go over 78C usually its 70-72C. Much happier with the new card.

Well, Amazon didn't ship my Gaming X yesterday, but it's in "Preparing Shipment" and still says it will arrive Tuesday, so we'll see. I hope that holds, I'm anxious to see how Baldur's Gate 2: EE performs with it.

Welp, I guess I have to rethink my plan to get the MSi Sea Hawk EK since they've removed any trace of that card now. Back to buying a waterblock and building my own.
Probably due to Corsair partnership. Exact same card was announced with Corsair/MSI cobranding.

I just wish there were more aftermarket universal AIO/CLC bracket options. EVGA - who is blowing this entire 1080 Ti launch - has the hybrid kit for FE cards which they inflated to $160. F that.

Arctic Cooling is on the right track with their Accelero Hybrid kits and the backplate side memory heatsink, they just need another iteration or two.

Last edited:
I see, well I'm sending good vibes your way lol. May you be bestowed 1080Ti greatness!

I had planned to wait for the EVGA to release thiers before buying mine but turns out I'm impatient. I like the design a whole lot better than last year's cards.

Two quick questions for you guys;

1. What is a decent price I could sell my 1080 FE for at this time? $399? $349?

2. Is the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti the best 1080 ti out there? It seems to have the best clocks out the gate and only $50 more than the other standard 1080ti cards. Also, I have never bought from Gigabyte and like to stick with EVGA. Just as good?

Last edited:
Would the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti be better? I know EVGA warranty is longer, but Gigabyte is still 4 years also the clocks seems to be better on the Gigabyte.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G5J98241

EVGA is better if you have to warranty it. They will ship you out a replacement first as long as you are ok with a hold on your card. I've heard ok stories from Gigabyte and some not so good. My first Gigabyte gpu was the 1080ti Xtreme but I had to send it back because it was defective.

Back